Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chest6 is offline Banned

Frustrated..What am I doing wrong?

My weightloss has slowed down quite a bit. Im starting my second week of clen ..but it really hasn't done anything yet. Im not goin by what the scale says anymore. I seem to look fatter now at 243 than I was at 248 2 weeks ago. I ate pretty well yesterday I thought. Whenever I eat a PPWO meal later than 4pm or so..those carbs seem to kill me and set me back a few days. I do cardio nearly everyday at 45 minutes usually at least 70% of my MHR and no more than 75%. I dont want to start doing 2 a days for cardio..but I might just get so frustrated that I start doing that. Any opinions on what I should do?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    ok first off dont do cardio 2 times a day, why u ask ?, 1 becasue ur not getting rady for a show and 2. you will be wasting tons of muscle, and there is no need for that, i would switch your PWO maybe stop useing Dex and use something eles like quick oats ricecakes ect..

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Is your diet the one you posted in the other thread bro?

I wouldnt bother with cardio twice a day. I usually have my PPWO meal around 10:30pm. You could try sticking with just carbs for breakfast and PWO if you don't already do that.

It might feel like your not losing bodyfat but you probably are. I always have that problem.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    My weightloss has slowed down quite a bit. Im starting my second week of clen..but it really hasn't done anything yet. Im not goin by what the scale says anymore. I seem to look fatter now at 243 than I was at 248 2 weeks ago. I ate pretty well yesterday I thought. Whenever I eat a PPWO meal later than 4pm or so..those carbs seem to kill me and set me back a few days. I do cardio nearly everyday at 45 minutes usually at least 70% of my MHR and no more than 75%. I dont want to start doing 2 a days for cardio..but I might just get so frustrated that I start doing that. Any opinions on what I should do?
    what are ur macro ratios?? r u sure ur not slippin in an extra cookie here a burger or smth???

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    prolly all in your head bro I wish I was five pounds lighter and also chest I think once you loose those first pound pretty easy when your trying to get cut up atleast in my case so damn hard but hangin there big guy.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    what are ur macro ratios?? r u sure ur not slippin in an extra cookie here a burger or smth???

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    clen makes me retain a butt load of water...plus, you might be a little high on sodium. that can cause water retention also

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Scales are very misleading. I say throw it away. Mirrors and measuring tapes on the other hand don't lie.

Realize that fat-loss takes time. Its a gradual process. Some days you'll feel great while other days, you'll feel like shit. Just be patient bro. Patience is one of the most important practices of dieting.

On a side note, have you ever got your thyroid checked? Not sure whether you looked into T-3 or not, but T-3 offers many more advantages over clen IMO (of course when adminstered correctly) and even over most other weight-loss pills. Check out Mallet's thyroid posts when you can. They're fantastic. Believe me, my sister ran several of his proposed T-3 cycle's with kick-ass results.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya..I was thinking about T3..but I would have to wait to get some aas obviously for that. Haha ya..not squeezing in any cookies and that was my diet I posted a few days ago. Right now..I do 1/2 cup oats 1st meal..80g dextrose for pwo and I seem to have better (weightloss) results if I do a pre workout whey/oats shake replacing a ppwo meal. I will then have a pro/fat meal and then go to sleep unless I workout earlier then maybe 2 pro/fat meals then sleep.

Also..I actualy have stayed away from the scales lately. In the mirror..I look like I have gained fat..so that is what I go off of.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    it could be all in your head bro..
    im the same .
    im dieting but i always feel im not losing weight or getting my bf% down...
    its all in your mind...
    dont get on scale for few weeks....
    and do what you need to do...
    and see how you go.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Right now..I do 1/2 cup oats 1st meal..80g dextrose for pwo and I seem to have better (weightloss) results if I do a pre workout whey/oats shake replacing a ppwo meal. I will then have a pro/fat meal and then go to sleep unless I workout earlier then maybe 2 pro/fat meals then sleep.
    Chest if thats what you think works for you, do it.. Everybody is different so the advice given around here is usually very general, but the key is to figure out what works best for you and stick with it. How long have you been cutting and how much weight have you lost.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya..I was thinking about T3..but I would have to wait to get some aas obviously for that. Haha ya..not squeezing in any cookies and that was my diet I posted a few days ago. Right now..I do 1/2 cup oats 1st meal..80g dextrose for pwo and I seem to have better (weightloss) results if I do a pre workout whey/oats shake replacing a ppwo meal. I will then have a pro/fat meal and then go to sleep unless I workout earlier then maybe 2 pro/fat meals then sleep.

Also..I actualy have stayed away from the scales lately. In the mirror..I look like I have gained fat..so that is what I go off of.
    if u have lost weight of scale yet you feel fatter..
    it could be you are just holding water which isnt much of big deal eventually that will come down...

chest6 is offline Banned
    Maybe it is water..could be a possibility. I got up to 273..lost like 5lbs of water after lmg stopped. Was fat as hell so I lost weight just walking all over to class and stuff. When I started cutting, I was 261. Right now im 243. The weight was flying off weeks 1-3. 4-5 slowed down considerably..so now I gotta tune up the diet a lil bit. Mainly Im gonna replace brisket (too fatty) with 1 grilled chicken maybe some flax. Last meal instead of natty pb..ill use flax.

Your last meal shouldnt just be flax. Have 1 scoop of whey and tbsp of flax, or some cottage cheese. Good call on dropping the brisket. I also remember you saying you have trouble getting the flax down so have flax in your protein shakes and have fish oil gels with your meals. Thats what i do. Its kind of a lot of gels to take at once but who cares, its just fat in a gelcap.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well ya..last meal would be whey and flax. I wouldnt take that shit by itself. What should I have w the chicken at meal4?

fish oil gels. I couldnt live without them. or flax gels.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Well ya..last meal would be whey and flax. I wouldnt take that shit by itself. What should I have w the chicken at meal4?
    Cottage Cheese and Flax would be much better or some form of meat.

chest6 is offline Banned
    sounds good..ill go get some fish oil gels right now..

sounds good..ill go get some fish oil gels right now..
    You do not want to take more than 3-4 fish oils per day. Anymore than that could be unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You do not want to take more than 3-4 fish oils per day. Anymore than that could be unhealthy.
    ARe you serious! why?!?! I sometimes eat like 10 fish oils with 1 meal.

Whoa man, I would not reccomend that at all. You do not need near that amount of fish oil. You can thin your blood real bad that way.

Whoa. Thats some crazy shit. I've been doing that for months! LOL. I guess i need to pick up some flax gels for most of my pro/fat meals. Thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna read up on fish oils right now.

You should really just get some Flax Oil it ain't that bad.

lol i got flax oil but i just use it with my shakes. Other than that i take fish oils. I cant imagine swigging back a tbsp of flax but i might have to do it later tonight actually. damn it.

Its not taht bad I do it everynight, really if you have some good Flax it's not too bad. Kinda nutty.

Ive been reading about those flavored flax oils. I might have to give them a try..

And Chest sorry for hijacking your thread LOL ... but now we both learned not to consume so much fish oils.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    mmm good to know about the fish oils thanks Giantz, and just down the flax man Spectrum flax dont tase that bad just chase it with a lil water or a shake

yeah i'm sure its not that bad. Afterall i take a shot with 3 grams of CEE and water twice a day when i use CEE. Now thats some nasty shit! I just always thought fish oils were so GREAT so i never needed to swallow flax by itself when i got fish gels.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    Ive been reading about those flavored flax oils. I might have to give them a try..

And Chest sorry for hijacking your thread LOL ... but now we both learned not to consume so much fish oils.
    its cool..it was still on topic

btw..i just got back with my omega 3 capsules...similar to fish oils im guessing?? Hope I got the right thing.

Yup fish oils are omega 3's. I'm not sure if its just the fish oils that giantz said are bad if you consume too many or omega 3's.

Bump for giantz.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yup fish oils are omega 3's. I'm not sure if its just the fish oils that giantz said are bad if you consume too many or omega 3's.

Bump for giantz.
    Ya I was pretty sure on that. They also had something that was omega 3, 5 and 7 or something...but it was like 5 bucks extra

Never heard of omega 3,5,7. I got some 3,6,9 though.

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha maybe that was it..i have no ideas what those #s mean anyway

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    didnt bother to read all the other posts but one thing ive noticed when cutting is that muscles are not constantly pumped up because you are carb depleted a lot which can just mentally make you feel smaller/weaker/fatter. make sense?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    didnt bother to read all the other posts but one thing ive noticed when cutting is that muscles are not constantly pumped up because you are carb depleted a lot which can just mentally make you feel smaller/weaker/fatter. make sense?
    sure does, like my muscles dont really feel as hard..

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    sure does, like my muscles dont really feel as hard..
    yeah dude thats totally normal and its probably got you mentally f*cked up about your body. you are gonna feel smaller, and correct me if im wrong but i think i read somewhere else that you are on some clenbuterol ...am i right? if you are on the clen then you dont need to worry about losing any muscle. good luck cutting...you know you are a true bodybuilder if you have enough discipline to go a couple of months on a cutting diet and do it the right way.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    yeah dude thats totally normal and its probably got you mentally f*cked up about your body. you are gonna feel smaller, and correct me if im wrong but i think i read somewhere else that you are on some clenbuterol...am i right? if you are on the clen then you dont need to worry about losing any muscle. good luck cutting...you know you are a true bodybuilder if you have enough discipline to go a couple of months on a cutting diet and do it the right way.
    yup on day 10 of the clen ..ya sticking to this diet is tough but i wanna get really lean and i havent been in forever..so that is motivating enough

Bump for giantz.

Well Ideally you want a balance of Omega 3-6-9 flax has a good balance, some flax oils like Spectrum have additional oils to make the balance better. Its not too much Omega-3 per say that is bad, it the actualy Fish Oils. There are still issues with toxins, blood thinning etc....I'd only suggest that much Fish Oil is you have problems with inflamation and so on. Take 3-5 fish caps a day and the rest should come from a vegaterian source.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    not along the lines of diet...just wondering if you are monitoring your heartrate and if so you may need to increase the intensity of the cardio as your probably becoming accustomed to the workload and not hitting your mhr correct %

good luck, im cutting too.

or at least trying.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    not along the lines of diet...just wondering if you are monitoring your heartrate and if so you may need to increase the intensity of the cardio as your probably becoming accustomed to the workload and not hitting your mhr correct %

good luck, im cutting too.

or at least trying.
    yea good idea. Stupid heartrate things on the machines is so inconsistent..sometimes it seems right..then itll go down when i kick up the intensity. other day it said 194 and i was like woww.whatever. I know I should invest in a heartrate monitor but that costs $$..i barely have enough for food/protein powder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information