usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Post-Workout Carb Relativity

Does anyone else taper their post-workout carb amounts based on the muscle you train? In other words, do you drop the amount of dextrose you add to your post-workout shake if you have a lighter training session such as arms?

I recently started doing this myself. If I train arms, I only have about 50 grams of carbs in my post-workout shake. Whereas, if I train legs, I'd bump my carbs up to 100 grams.

Haven't been doing this long enough to really measuse its effects, but curious to know if anyone else has tried this for an extended period of time (say at least 2 months)? Notice any difference?

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    if i've been training legs i often throw in an extra pro/carb meal after my PPWO Meal

other than that i keep it pretty much the same
    although i dont use dex any more

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Does anyone else taper their post-workout carb amounts based on the muscle you train? In other words, do you drop the amount of dextrose you add to your post-workout shake if you have a lighter training session such as arms?

I recently started doing this myself. If I train arms, I only have about 50 grams of carbs in my post-workout shake. Whereas, if I train legs, I'd bump my carbs up to 100 grams.

Haven't been doing this long enough to really measuse its effects, but curious to know if anyone else has tried this for an extended period of time (say at least 2 months)? Notice any difference?
    I have been doing that ever since I started adding dextrose (about 2 weeks). I dont see any reason to use 100g dextrose say if I trained biceps only one day. I usually will do what you did. Back and leg day I'll get up to 100g..everything else usually 80 and one small muscle group usually 50.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Best thing to do is try to train the same amount of overall muscle mass each session.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I drink a gatorade during my leg days but thats about all thats different.

mitch911 is offline Member
    yea i usually make my splits = so its not liek im training just a small muscle 1 day of the week

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i usually match up my smaller muscles w/the larger ones so i dont end up with a weak day. but sometimes i will change it up and do shoulders and abs or something. those days i have whole food carbs instead of dex.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Makes good sense. I might start doing that from now on...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i usually match up my smaller muscles w/the larger ones so i dont end up with a weak day. but sometimes i will change it up and do shoulders and abs or something. those days i have whole food carbs instead of dex.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I pretty much stay the same no matter what group i am training, might look into switching it a bit later.

Thread Information