incrediblesuclk01 is offline New Member

How much sugar and fruit on cutting diet?

How much sugar (grams) and fruit on cutting diet should you consume on a cutting diet? I am currently eating two pieces of fruit a day (a small red apple and a tangerine or orange) at different times in the days while imn dieting? this is the only sugar i consume i think while imn on my strict dieting days
    am i right to do this? my other carb sources are oats, rice, low g.i. vegies and potatoes. i eat between 50-80 grams of carbs

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Open ended question that can't be answered with that information.

Everyone will differ based on genetics/goals/age/dietary approach/cardio/training/etc.

~SC~

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    the body does not need sugar. so don't worry about not getting enough. Stay away from it whenever possible with the exception of what comes in fruits, some veggies and dairy products.

TR'05 is offline Member
    ummm, i don't want to flame or anything, but im pretty sure that the body most certainly does need sugars- wouldn't we go blind without? Or maybe you mean refined sugars??? Many carbohydrates, such as dextrose in PRO nutrition, is sugar.

Yeah, I agree there for sure!!

~SC~

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    ummm, i don't want to flame or anything, but im pretty sure that the body most certainly does need sugars- wouldn't we go blind without? Or maybe you mean refined sugars??? Many carbohydrates, such as dextrose in PRO nutrition, is sugar.
    actually no you can survive just on protein and fat...approx 58% of protein can be converted into glucose if some1 is in ketosis...

do u need sugars? Well no not to the point of life and death....but everyone should eat carbs...especially if ur exercising....preformance on pro/fat isnt even funny

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05

I'm a type 2 diebetic among many. I will go blind from too much sugar.

Sugar just provides empty carbs anyways and excess Complex carbs are converted into sugar by the body naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    I'm a type 2 diebetic among many. I will go blind from too much sugar.

Sugar just provides empty carbs anyways and excess Complex carbs are converted into sugar by the body naturally.
    carbs are sugar bro....no1 should eat simple sugars...unless theyre using slin or maybe pwo..other than that...low gi is the way to go, yes

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    What about a cheat meal/day? I can sure tear up some junk on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    carbs are sugar bro....no1 should eat simple sugars...unless theyre using slin or maybe pwo..other than that...low gi is the way to go, yes

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    What about a cheat meal/day? I can sure tear up some junk on Saturdays.
    not more than me....
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 11-16-2005 at 11:20 AM.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i try and stay away from fruit while cutting.

but i think you are low on carbs...50-80g? do you have a re-feed day or cheat? if you keep your carbs that low consistantly you might end up in ketosis like ironfreak mentioned.

Fruits have their places in many diets, just depends where/why/you/etc.

~SC~

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    the body does not need sugar. so don't worry about not getting enough. Stay away from it whenever possible with the exception of what comes in fruits, some veggies and dairy products.

See that is totally wrong bro.. after being on the SC diet all week I gots to have my chocolate bar on Saturday. hahaha.

J/k

I have cut out fruits while cutting now except for a small glass of apple juice (mixed with my greenie powder) and I drink that early afternoon and then I have an apple on the way to the gym.

Apples are low glycemic anyway I think so might not hurt to eat an apple but grapes and bananas I think are suppose to be bad??

Oh of course my PWO Dextrose..

Oldman

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    IMO if you are taking care of buisness then 1-2 pieces of fruit will not hinder you in anyway.

So far i do not use any fruit in my cutting approach. I probably need to start having a carb up day.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    personally i never saw the point in eating fruit unless you really enjoy the stuff. Supposedly it refills liver glycogen but not muscle glycogen too well. For that reason, i fail to see the benefit in eating the stuff.

Thread Information