Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409

    Final Bulking Diet - Not A Boring One!

    OK guys, heres my Final Bulking Diet that I am using.

    I have attatched it so its easier to read for everyone. I have also included my stats below -

    Stats -

    before ANY AAS -

    23YR OLD
    185-190 LBS
    12% bf (Approx)
    5'10"

    Max Bench Flat - 350lbs
    Max stiff legged dead lift - 350lbs
    Max Preacher Curl - 165lbs
    Max Military Shoulder Press - 110lb dumbells
    Max Leg Press - 1200lbs
    Max Squat - 440lbs

    Training - (Been training 6yrs)

    Varies a lot from 6days per week heavy training with some cardio like football/badminton/cardio machines/kickboxing to maybe 3 days a week heavy training plus 2 days medium weight training with half hour cardio, plus sports.

    So, sometimes I might train 9/10 times a week in the gym plus 1/2times badminton/football/kickboxing. Sometimes I may have 3/4days off in a row (Which is a killer).

    Training split = day 1 - Chest day 2 - Back/Lats Day 3 - Arms Day 4 - Shoulders Day 5 Legs
    normally 4 sets - 1 warmup with really light weight @ 15-20reps, another with a bit of weight of 10reps, then mid weight of 8-10reps, then last set of 1-6reps (Assisted)
    Sometimes we train with a session of negatives (A weight that you cant lift but can lower), another day as above, another day with all maximums and so on - So, like I said it all varies.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dazbo; 11-30-2005 at 01:51 PM. Reason: changed diet slightly - added banana for breakfast

  2. #2
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    PS - I have tried to keep this diet as enjoyable as possible so that its easier to stick to - after all it is a bulking diet and I dont have to be too strict. Id rather enjoy it and stick to it and stay above the calories I need than to not enjoy it and therefore not stick to it and end up with calories below optimal for growth!

    I will keep my strict diets for when it comes to cutting in the future!

    thanks again

    darren

  3. #3
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Oh yeah and one more thing - ignore the final calories and macros at the bottom of that diet - thats from a previous one, Ive just edited things to make it my new bulk diet!

    thanks

  4. #4
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Let me know if you cant read it ok

  5. #5
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    bump

  6. #6
    jdh's Avatar
    jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    big denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    just curious, why the flax oil with your first pro/carb meal? thats like 14g of fat alnoe not counting the others from the oats and stuff.

  7. #7
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Thanks for that JDH - Didnt realise that was still on there!! Like I sai, its actually a previous diet that Ive edited to make it a mass building one. The Flax is now spread throughout the day so I really dont need that first one in the morning!

    Well spotted!

    Darren

  8. #8
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Right Ive edited that now, I also noticed I missed one of my main meal options out for number 8!

    Thanks again

  9. #9
    usualsuspect's Avatar
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,936
    Diet looks real good bro. Shit load of food to push down the hatchet

    What is weetblix by the way? Never heard of it before.

  10. #10
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    OK Ive finally completely finished the diet. Changed a few things since this last post (Usualsuspect's)

    The final macros are there now too. I am QUITE happy with it although I did expect the cals to be higher than they have turned out to be!

    Take a look and, Thanks for the comments...........

  11. #11
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    bump

  12. #12
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Is there a reason I hardly get replies on here ?!?

    The last 4/5 posts Ive put up Ive barely had replies. I waited days and kept bumping them before i did. I even asked if Id written too much n maybe thats why people arent looking so I did a short one of one of my posts.

    I try to put as much info to help you all know exactly how things are but then when I do people say theres too much!? I also give out plenty of help for other people posts.

    Thats my rant over with, now BUMP!

  13. #13
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,192
    weetbix is not too bad
    dazbo you from aus or england???/

  14. #14
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    england mate. Weetabix is just whole wheat flakes joined together to make large biscuit type - about the size of shredded wheat

  15. #15
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    Is there a reason I hardly get replies on here ?!?

    The last 4/5 posts Ive put up Ive barely had replies. I waited days and kept bumping them before i did. I even asked if Id written too much n maybe thats why people arent looking so I did a short one of one of my posts.

    I try to put as much info to help you all know exactly how things are but then when I do people say theres too much!? I also give out plenty of help for other people posts.

    Thats my rant over with, now BUMP!

    most have probably been busy I recon. Il take a look at it. Maby people wont bother downloading the file

  16. #16
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Meal 1 looks good to me, but I dont know if weetbix has any different nutrient content from whole wheat. But it looks good

    Meal 2. Looks good aswell. I wouldnt sweat the 13g of fat in that meal. It is afterall bulking

    Meal 3. I would suggest replacing brown rice and pasta with lentils and/or beans or mix lentils with the brown rice(this tastes pretty good). To make the gi very low. If I where you I would put the probiotic yoghurt at breakfast aswell. But that just a personal preference.

    meal 4. You probaby already know this but make sure the wholemeal bread is realy wholemeal. We have alot of bread here that claims to be wholemeal but when you look at the contet it has plenty of regular flour. Sourdough(I think this is the correct translation)bread is usualy awsome.

    meal 5. Solid

    Meal 6. Im more of a low gi pwo fan. But this meal will work just as good.

    Meal 7. Same here, ditch the pasta and potatoes for leantils or beans. But if you realy enjoy the pasta and potatoes keep on with it, its bulking

    meal 8. looks good.

    snacks are excelent aswell.

    One general suggestion. Before carb heavy meals chew down 1-2 mouthfulls of flax seeds or swallow the same amount of psyllium seeds. This is a easty trick to keep GI low and your body will love the extra fiber considering all the food also drink some apple cider vinegar before or during the meal. This will lower gi even more.

    Make sure the kcal aint to high also. I dont know abot your metabolism but with my metabolism I would turn seriously fat with that much kcal and we have pretty similar stats.

    Good luck bro

  17. #17
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    other things to keep bulking fun is to include like stews done on low fat coconut milk and stuff like that. Lean pork, coconut milk, lots of veggies, lots of spices yumyum

  18. #18
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    thanks for that johan. I will try the lentil trick cos I know how good they are for you. Originally, I had flax before the high carb meals like you said but I decided to remove them. This was due to the fact regarding pro/fat and pro/carb being good but carb/fat being bad (Due to the blood sugar levels being high and forcing you to store more of the fat in the meal. I dunno though, I think I will see how it goes and whichever is easiest.

    As for the Kcals. Currently my diet is prob around 3500-4000 cals max but not organised as well as the above. I have been back into my training and eating like this for a good few weeks now and have not gained a single pound!! It is far from being perfect, the diet I am currently, so its not like Ive dropped some fat and gained some muscle!! So, I think my met must be high due to that fact and because I generally find it hard to gain weight (As well as hard to lose the last bit of fat!!)

    I will also look into the apple cider vinegar - my local health shop sells those tabs pretty cheap so will give them a go - I know they can help fat loos to due to less carbs being absorbed.

    Thanks again Johan!

  19. #19
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    bump

  20. #20
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    thanks for that johan. I will try the lentil trick cos I know how good they are for you. Originally, I had flax before the high carb meals like you said but I decided to remove them. This was due to the fact regarding pro/fat and pro/carb being good but carb/fat being bad (Due to the blood sugar levels being high and forcing you to store more of the fat in the meal. I dunno though, I think I will see how it goes and whichever is easiest.
    If you mean the seeds when you say flax then dont worry about it. It goes through the body undigested. Even if you chew you wont get so much fat that its detrimental to fatloss.

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    As for the Kcals. Currently my diet is prob around 3500-4000 cals max but not organised as well as the above. I have been back into my training and eating like this for a good few weeks now and have not gained a single pound!! It is far from being perfect, the diet I am currently, so its not like Ive dropped some fat and gained some muscle!! So, I think my met must be high due to that fact and because I generally find it hard to gain weight (As well as hard to lose the last bit of fat!!)
    Count yourself lucky I wish I could trade metabolism with you

    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    I will also look into the apple cider vinegar - my local health shop sells those tabs pretty cheap so will give them a go - I know they can help fat loos to due to less carbs being absorbed.

    Thanks again Johan!
    Go with the regular apple cider vinegar used for cooking. Its cheaper than the tabs and the same stuff. Be carefull if you have a sensitive stomach though. The acidity can be to much to handle if you get heartburn often.

  21. #21
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    thanks again, I mean Flax seed oil that I have with it - 1tbsp.

    I bought some lentils today. Do I just add them in wi my rice when I cook that ? Seems the easiest way to me. Dont have a clue wot they taste like mind!

    Dont know where I can get normal apple cider vinegar from, didnt even know it came any other way - Im no good at cooking and therefore no nothing about all that stuff!

    thanks

  22. #22
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    right for some reason, when Ive managed my attachments, it wont let me upload another one!! Grrrrrr.........will keep trying

  23. #23
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    thanks again, I mean Flax seed oil that I have with it - 1tbsp.

    I bought some lentils today. Do I just add them in wi my rice when I cook that ? Seems the easiest way to me. Dont have a clue wot they taste like mind!

    Dont know where I can get normal apple cider vinegar from, didnt even know it came any other way - Im no good at cooking and therefore no nothing about all that stuff!

    thanks
    I pretty much suck at cooking aswell

    Lentils usualy has to be cooked for a longer time than rice. 30 minutes if I dont remember wrong. You can always add the rice to the pot when the time left on the lentils is the same as the time to get rice done.

    Here in sweden apple cider vinegar is always on the same shelfs as different cooking oils and other vinegars in regular food stores. Dont know what its like over there.

  24. #24
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,192
    u can cook lentils and rice together ...
    then have that as a meal with some yogurt mmmmmmmmm beautifull.....

  25. #25
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    at last my diet is back up!!

  26. #26
    MatrixGuy's Avatar
    MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    UK, Lancashire
    Posts
    5,239
    How lean is the mince you get bro? All the "lean" ones i find are very high in saturated fat.

  27. #27
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Its turkey so its about as lean as mince comes! Not sure exactly, Id have a look but not got any in fridge! Its not prepackaged frozen stuff, it chilled butcher stuff

  28. #28
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    wouldnt mind some help off someone like swolecat if poss...

  29. #29
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    bump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •