hulkzer is offline Associate Member

Question raw eggs in pro shake

i get up really early don't have time to cook. wondering if adding some raw eggs or egg beaters to a pro shake in the morning. does anyone else do this?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    iv done it before if you get up early just cook your breakfast at night and store it in the frig

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    iv done it before if you get up early just cook your breakfast at night and store it in the frig
    thats what im doing now just kinda of getting tired of it. wanted to change it up.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    well in the past wen trying to gain i would have a few scoops of whey with a egg in the shake then have some oats with that

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I always cook my eggs.

~SC~

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    always cook my eggs too

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    ill repost this from what i wrote in the other thread......

Albumen in the urine is a general sign, as studies show that a significantly higher amount of malabsorbed protein (egg) was found in the urine of healthy individuals (1). Stable isotope techniques are used to determine the digestibility of raw eggs vs. cooked eggs. In another study, using this method, it was demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment (2). Heat-pretreatment of course being cooked.
    Not to mention you have a 1 in 30,000 chance to get salmonella from a raw egg. Also, if you blend raw eggs or whatever, you can break up the chemical bonds of amino acids where as cooking them can hook the bonds together, which inevitably is the objective.

(1) Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans.
    Evenepoel P, Claus D, Geypens B, Hiele M, Geboes K, Rutgeerts P, Ghoos Y. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium.

(2) Digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein in humans as assessed by stable isotope techniques.
    Evenepoel P, Geypens B, Luypaerts A, Hiele M, Ghoos Y, Rutgeerts P. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the odds of getting salmonella might not be high but bro cook em anyway cause you dont want to get that!!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    after a few days of raw eggs ull be amazed how good microwaed eggs taste(making them at night)

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Raw eggs are the perfect food... but thats just my .02

http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm#

Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    Raw eggs are the perfect food... but thats just my .02

http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm#
    is it just me or does the guy on that site not make any sense? he says you need to cook egg whites because of the avidin in them...but then he says dont cook the egg whites because you lose a lot of protein. and i quote....

"Earlier this summer, I posted an article that suggested that one should not eat raw egg whites. This is the traditional nutritional dogma as raw egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin that is very effective at binding biotin, one of the B vitamins. The concern is that this can lead to a biotin deficiency. The simple solution is to cook the egg whites as this completely deactivates the avidin.

The problem is that it also completely deactivates nearly every other protein in the egg white. While you will still obtain nutritional benefits from consuming cooked egg whites, from a nutritional perspective it would seem far better to consume them uncooked."
    End Quote...

Correct me if I am just dead wrong but isnt avidin in a raw egg white what makes the protein less digestible?

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    is it just me or does the guy on that site not make any sense? he says you need to cook egg whites because of the avidin in them...but then he says dont cook the egg whites because you lose a lot of protein. and i quote....

"Earlier this summer, I posted an article that suggested that one should not eat raw egg whites. This is the traditional nutritional dogma as raw egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin that is very effective at binding biotin, one of the B vitamins. The concern is that this can lead to a biotin deficiency. The simple solution is to cook the egg whites as this completely deactivates the avidin.

The problem is that it also completely deactivates nearly every other protein in the egg white. While you will still obtain nutritional benefits from consuming cooked egg whites, from a nutritional perspective it would seem far better to consume them uncooked."
    End Quote...

Correct me if I am just dead wrong but isnt avidin in a raw egg white what makes the protein less digestible?

only when eaten alone imo

when combined with the yolk = no worries

Quote Originally Posted by RONINASAUNA
    only when eaten alone imo

when combined with the yolk = no worries

no worries? how bout salmonella...i mean whats the big deal...im not talking about you when i say this but it seems like some people want to be as lazy as they possibly can while bodybuilding...just cook the eggs it only takes like 5 minutes maximum...bodybuilding and dieting correctly is certainly not for the lazy/undedicated people IMO.

Thread Information