jdog55 is offline Associate Member

starting to eat right but going broke.

I've not had the best diet in the past but i've changed that the last couple months and it has really hurt my pocket book. I spend over $30 a day on food. I need lots of high quality protien for my body type.

My diet is like this usually. I need some adice on what to cut out to eat cheaper. Because I don't make a lot of money. I'm an ectomorph and I burn calaries by sleeping.

glass of milk, bowl of raisin brand. 3 eggs, 2 bacon.

ensure drink for snack

Lean n.y strip steak with green beans some sort of pataoes or corn.

prolab enlarge shake.

get home from work at 3pm.

t-bone steak (high quality steak) mashed potatoes. green beans.

dinner time

all you can eat at golden corral and i eat my moneys worth.

caesin protien shake before bed.

totals about $38.00
    any suggestions?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    I've not had the best diet in the past but i've changed that the last couple months and it has really hurt my pocket book. I spend over $30 a day on food. I need lots of high quality protien for my body type.

My diet is like this usually. I need some adice on what to cut out to eat cheaper. Because I don't make a lot of money. I'm an ectomorph and I burn calaries by sleeping.

glass of milk, bowl of raisin brand. 3 eggs, 2 bacon.

ensure drink for snack

Lean n.y strip steak with green beans some sort of pataoes or corn.

prolab enlarge shake.

get home from work at 3pm.

t-bone steak (high quality steak) mashed potatoes. green beans.

dinner time

all you can eat at golden corral and i eat my moneys worth.

caesin protien shake before bed.

totals about $38.00
    any suggestions?
    Yeah. Stop eating out.

7.99 is pretty good for all you can eat. i'd probably spend more at home eating what i do there

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tuna fish..the grossest cheapest bodybuilding tool...10 cans a day keeps the muscles growing that along with some wheat bread and mustard and some cheap whey and you could get some serious protein for 5 dollars or less a day..When iam bulking it's nothing but tuna then a peanut butter and jelly sandwich then whey then tuna etc..It drives me nuts but it's cheap and very effective..

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    30$ day on food WTF?!?! tell me your joking

If I spend like 10$ day I can easily get 300g protein/day if not more.

acctualy I have made up diets where I would get 300g quality protein and only spend 8$ day. That was the lowest I could push it theoreticaly. Never tried eating according to that diet though.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    30$ day on food WTF?!?! tell me your joking

If I spend like 10$ day I can easily get 300g protein/day if not more.

me too. I wonder what currency he is going by?

I forgot to mention I hate fish. all seafood. and I'm american. Also can't eat penuts

you spend more money on food each month than I get in 1,5 month

if you want to get away cheap restrict meat. Meat is the thing that is heavy on money. When you eat meat, eat pork!! Its cheap and can be found lean.

But only have meat in no more than 2 meals a day. Base the rest of the days meals on beans with a few whey shakes(whey protein can be found realy realy realy cheap). If you get the bulk of your protein from wheyprotein(around 40%) and beans(around 30%) you get away real cheap. The small amount of meat complements the protein sources so you will get all the aminoacids you need, the large amount of beans takes care of the carbs you need and soybeans will be a big part of the fat you need. Add some flax and olive oil as a supplement and some frozen veggies and fresh fruits and you have a well rounded, very healthy, very protein rich and very cheap diet.

Thanks. Never really though about cooking beans at home. Never done it before.

I forgot to mention I hate fish. all seafood. and I'm american. Also can't eat penuts
    I hate fish too..But any given day you can find me shoving it into my mouth..Were bodybuilders were not supposed to like what we eat
    If I want beef i buy hamburger in bulk and deepfreeze it..then pull it out a pound at a time and eat lean burgers and hamburger helper..I know what your saying though eating all that protein and making it tasty is expensive..

Thanks. Never really though about cooking beans at home. Never done it before.
    cheap as hell and tastes pretty good to
    A hassle to soak the bastard for 10 hours and cook em for 2. But I prepare so I have for a entire week at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    Thats always a tasty treat

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    a bag of 4lb chicken breast is 9.00 here in TX i get like 3bags it last me all week pluse i eat tuna and egg whites, for ur carbs go with oats or brownrice those are cheap like 2.00 a box for rice an 2.00 for a canester of oats

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    a bag of 4lb chicken breast is 9.00 here in TX i get like 3bags it last me all week pluse i eat tuna and egg whites, for ur carbs go with oats or brownrice those are cheap like 2.00 a box for rice an 2.00 for a canester of oats

SteveO has caught a case of the correct.

Just what in the hell do you expect it not to be so high when you are eating NY Strip & T Bones.

Damn man.....you spend more in one day than i spend on a whole weeks rations and thats eating 6-7x a day.

Speaking of bags of chicken as SteveO mentioned, i am baking up 4 chicken breats as i type this, one for my PPWO tonight and the rest for later...

Austex is offline Member
    RICE CAKES! I fry up lean turkey burger, mix in some bacon pieces and serve it on top of rice cakes....mmm!

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    yeah, lay off the high dollar t-bones and n.y. strips. stick to whey, tuna, lean turkey, chicken, eggs, milk, oats, whole wheat products , cottage cheese, fat free yogurt. have some steak once in a while but not twice a day theres no way you should be spending 30$ a day. my wife and i go shopping every other week and spend like 175$ between both of us. and i eat over 5,000 calories a day from lean meats , good carbs, eggs, and milk. shoot here you can buy a 5 1/2 dozen box of eggs for under 4$.

Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    yeah, lay off the high dollar t-bones and n.y. strips. stick to whey, tuna, lean turkey, chicken, eggs, milk, oats, whole wheat products , cottage cheese, fat free yogurt. have some steak once in a while but not twice a day theres no way you should be spending 30$ a day. my wife and i go shopping every other week and spend like 175$ between both of us. and i eat over 5,000 calories a day from lean meats , good carbs, eggs, and milk. shoot here you can buy a 5 1/2 dozen box of eggs for under 4$.
    Eggs, thats a great one I forgot about!!Cheap and tasty..

Thread Information