jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Gaining muscle, losing fat

Just something i've been thinking. If everyone says if you burn more calaries than you take in you lose weight and if you eat more calaries than you use then you'll gain. How do the two mix? one has to win, you either burn more or eat more.

Jdog55

chest6 is offline Banned
    what u askin here?

Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    Just something i've been thinking. If everyone says if you burn more calaries than you take in you lose weight and if you eat more calaries than you use then you'll gain. How do the two mix? one has to win, you either burn more or eat more.

Jdog55
    WTF .

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    I'm asking what you need to eat in order to gain muscle while losing fat.

More or less calaries than you burn?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    That is a extremely difficult thing to do. Most people try and maintain muscle while they lose fat. Anabolics help though.

You have to find the right balance for you.Have you considered HGH?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    You got to have a close to perfect workout routine that gives your body the right amount of stimulation without overtraining, you need to have lots of protein in your diet and every other macro spot on, you need to have a fairly slow metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    You got to have a close to perfect workout routine that gives your body the right amount of stimulation without overtraining, you need to have lots of protein in your diet and every other macro spot on, you need to have a fairly slow metabolism.
    Well damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Well damnit!

I only say that because I have a very slow metabolism and I manage to gain everytime I cut and I dont think I do everything perfectly

I agree, I will age like a fine wine as my metabolism drops I will add more mass. All bout the diet when you don't have to worry about your metabolism incinerating everything you eat.

having a slow metabolism has its serious drawbacks aswell. Like F'cking impossible to get cut.

You are pretty damn lean in your avatar for being an endo.

thanks bro. The small size of the avatar makes me look leaner though. I was a bit over 10% there I recon.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    it's not always about calories bruh, it \'s about quality of food eating lean protein, i.e. Fish/chicken/steak/eggwhites ect.. will help you maintain muscle mass while you burn fat

bigtraps is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    having a slow metabolism has its serious drawbacks aswell. Like F'cking impossible to get cut.
    I just had to say that i second that!! I think those of us with slower a metabolism have to be more strict all the time to keep check on body fat.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    You have to find the right balance for you.Have you considered HGH?
    Uhm, that's the worst idea I've heard all day. Someone asking how to gain LBM while minimizing BF should not be told to "consider" HGH. It involves a balance of muscle conditioning(stress), diet, and sleep...doesn't matter who you are.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    To be realistic about things, without the use of AAS this is not possible for 99% of the population. If you are new to training you will accquire some Newb muscle will cutting but aside from those people, it is not possible to gain mass while in a caloric deficit. You can gain strength, yes but mass, no. When dieting your body is a state of full blown catabolism, that what dieting is. Kinda hard to pack on mass that way. OTOH if you are bulking you are keeping your body in a state of anabolism, which would be great for gaining LBM. However to my knowledge, no one has yet figure out how to be anabolic and catabolic at the same time.

ive read articles about bulking for the last month cuz im the worst case ecto youve ever seen as far as gaining weight. anyway, correct me if im wrong please, most talked about only eating 2 kinds of meals: pro/carb and pro/fat. no fats and carbs at the same time. from what i understand carbs will spike your insulin levels (but you dont want them too high) and that will shuttle the protein youre eating at the same time to your muscles or where your body needs it. the pro/fat meals (im having trouble remembering what they said) do something to keep the right amount of fat intake a day because when you stop eating fat your body starts to store fat and any carbs you eat all day as fat on your ass. i probably missed something if someone wants to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Uhm, that's the worst idea I've heard all day. Someone asking how to gain LBM while minimizing BF should not be told to "consider" HGH. It involves a balance of muscle conditioning(stress), diet, and sleep...doesn't matter who you are.
    Why would hgh not be suitable when it is known to burn bf whilst help maintain and even increase muscle size? Please explain

Austex is offline Member

He is merely asking how to lose BF while gaining muscle. The two work hand in hand. It is simply a "clean bulk". Increased lean body mass results in an increased metabolism. An increased metabolism results in a reduction of total body fat.

I know what growth hormone does...I just simply don't agree with recommending it to the average person. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions where GH may be the best option. I'm stating that given the little information we have, you could be recommending the use of GH to a teenager.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    He is merely asking how to lose BF while gaining muscle. The two work hand in hand. It is simply a "clean bulk". Increased lean body mass results in an increased metabolism. An increased metabolism results in a reduction of total body fat.

I know what growth hormone does...I just simply don't agree with recommending it to the average person. I'm not saying there aren't exceptions where GH may be the best option. I'm stating that given the little information we have, you could be recommending the use of GH to a teenager.

I agree with Austex, stick to a good diet and train hard befoe you tap into drugs spcially GH a lean bulk diet plan would most likely work good for you just post up ur diet if you need help and we will help out

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

that’s a chestnut people have been trying to crack for years, natty forget about it.

Thread Information