kaorialfred is offline Member

RTD for pre and post workout, even during?

Which RTD has the right mix of nutrients?

Can you name one that is good and where to get it?
    I know they cost more but, I am looking at convience.
    I want to use them during a bulking experiement and then use them for cutting.

I am trying to not have to mix stuff or pre mix stuff.

So if you had to pick a pre, post and during which ones would you pick or reccomend?
    If you have a rough ideal of the cost give that info too.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Only thing I ever drink that is pre-made is post-workout.

I'll slam a grape Mass Recovery because I love the taste of that shit. It doesn't meet my full needs for the meal even when cutting, but I usually have a bit more at my 2nd meal to make up for it. I just got hooked on the taste when they are ice cold.

At any other time for an MRP, there are none that fit my needs so I always make my own.

~SC~

thanks SC!!!

anybody else?

bump

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

At any other time for an MRP, there are none that fit my needs so I always make my own.

~SC~
    Would you share with us what you are using to make your own MRPs?

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    oats, skim and whey............

I know that Met RX has a collegiate brand and I was thinking of obtaining some of that. Anybody try this stuff?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    there are none that fit my needs so I always make my own.
    ~SC~
    this is what i find to uk RTD are shit.....

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    oats, skim and whey............
    Sorry I guess I should have been a little more specific. I was more wondering what "recipes" or products are being used to make them more enjoyable to drink. I can pound them but I dread it much less if it is palletable.

I have tried many different variations of the "tuna shake" and well for me it is barely poundable.

More less if someone has come up with something clever that I have not. (not that the tuna shake was clever. After reading peoples responses to it I thought hey I can make one decent, boy was I wrong)

Thanks,

Austex is offline Member
    Only thing I ever drink that is pre-made is post-workout.

I'll slam a grape Mass Recovery because I love the taste of that shit. It doesn't meet my full needs for the meal even when cutting, but I usually have a bit more at my 2nd meal to make up for it. I just got hooked on the taste when they are ice cold.

~SC~
    Mass Recovery drinks are the bomb. I mix either a grape or fruit punch with strawberries and an extra scoop or two of Isopure. The chromium in the Mass Recovery ensures me that the pro/glucose is being shuttled to where I need it most. The Mass Recovery alone is not quite enough protein/carbs (35/60)...I wish ABB would realize this and make a larger bottle size. The next step up from this is the XXL, and that's like drinking corn syrup. Here's my best recommendation for a pre-mixed RTD, depending on what time of the day:

PRE: If more than 1 1/2 hours before workout=RTD40 by MetRX, milk casein protein blend with 40 pro / 16 carb. If less than 1 1/2 hours before workout= PurePro by ABB, whey protein with 40 pro / 2 carb (you may want to supplement this with a carb source) OR Blue Thunder by ABB, 32 pro / 43 carb / 2 glutamine / AND a caffeine-based energy blend.

DURING: Carbo Force by ABB. 110 carb

POST: Mass Recovery by ABB. 35 pro / 60 carb / 200 mcg Chromium (works with insulin to improve glucose tolerance) OR Isopure RTD (comes in a clear glass bottle, fruit flavors), 50 pro (whey isolate) but 0 carb...so you'd need another carb source.

Hope this helps.

I like the reccomendations any body else? I would imagine there are some turkey being used for bulking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Mass Recovery drinks are the bomb. I mix either a grape or fruit punch with strawberries and an extra scoop or two of Isopure. The chromium in the Mass Recovery ensures me that the pro/glucose is being shuttled to where I need it most. The Mass Recovery alone is not quite enough protein/carbs (35/60)...I wish ABB would realize this and make a larger bottle size. The next step up from this is the XXL, and that's like drinking corn syrup. Here's my best recommendation for a pre-mixed RTD, depending on what time of the day:

PRE: If more than 1 1/2 hours before workout=RTD40 by MetRX, milk casein protein blend with 40 pro / 16 carb. If less than 1 1/2 hours before workout= PurePro by ABB, whey protein with 40 pro / 2 carb (you may want to supplement this with a carb source) OR Blue Thunder by ABB, 32 pro / 43 carb / 2 glutamine / AND a caffeine-based energy blend.

DURING: Carbo Force by ABB. 110 carb

POST: Mass Recovery by ABB. 35 pro / 60 carb / 200 mcg Chromium (works with insulin to improve glucose tolerance) OR Isopure RTD (comes in a clear glass bottle, fruit flavors), 50 pro (whey isolate) but 0 carb...so you'd need another carb source.

Hope this helps.
    So how do you get the best price for this stuff or you buy it as need be?
    I might try it depending on the cost for about two months using your schedule posted. That's if I can get a good deal buying by the case or something.

Austex is offline Member
    The best deal you can get is to go to any discount nutrition store and buy it by the case. You will pay 1.99/bottle by the case as compared to buying individually at 2.69-2.99. I used to work at a discount nutrition store, so I still get "benefits".

Thread Information