JerzeyBoy is offline Member

Good genetics but no abs

I have good genetics that I can eat junk food and still gain weight and not look fat. I have great definition. Great cuts in my chest, shoulders, arms and such. Only problem is I have a belly. I know I should diet properly but it's so easy to gain weight eating anything, should I just do a shit load of ab work and I'll be good?? Even if I can't get a six pack I would be happy with at least washboard abs.

IronAdam is offline Member
    6 pack = dedication. Stick to a proper cutting diet till you see what you want.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you have a belly, how can you say you have great genetics in that you can eat what you want and not get fat?

Belly = fat.

~SC~

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you have a belly, how can you say you have great genetics in that you can eat what you want and not get fat?

Belly = fat.

~SC~
    agree......

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Belly = fat.

~SC~

agree, you cant be eating snickers and icecream and look foward to a streamline mid section

chest6 is offline Banned
    Takes very strict dedication..Ive been cutting for awhile now (forever it seems) and I still have a little stubborn lower stomach/oblique fat.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Takes very strict dedication..Ive been cutting for awhile now (forever it seems) and I still have a little stubborn lower stomach/oblique fat.

some broomstick twist should help take care of that fat on ur obliques

JerzeyBoy is offline Member

Belly = fat.

~SC~
    It doesn't look fat at all, It's basically nothing. A lil belly. But I want a nice stomach not nothing although it's not bad at all. lol know what I mean?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    some broomstick twist should help take care of that fat on ur obliques

Last time I checked you can't spot reduce fat. It's called lypo or a strict diet, sorry no way around it.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Last time I checked you can't spot reduce fat. It's called lypo or a strict diet, sorry no way around it.
    agreed....

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    those abs i have in that pic took a looonnnggg time to achieve. it happend with clean eating and only healthy carb loads (no cheating) i have realized that to keep a six pack year round takes dedication. I'm content with having one for about 4 - 6 months outta the year (competition season).

im just saying useing broomstick twist will help burn fat off that oblique area it works for me

Not sure how broomstick twists would burn localized fat because that is just not physically possible.

~SC~

Not sure how broomstick twists would burn localized fat because that is just not physically possible.

~SC~

doing broomstick twist would help work the oblique muscle's tighting them up helping shape them building some lean tissue on your oblique's in other words help shape up your midsection, i see how you can not spot reduce by doing just somple twist, but i was told by a national competitor that it will help " burn " fat off your obliques by building lean tissue there....am i wrong ?? please inform me with the correct info

Zapp is offline Banned
    I don't believe in that twisting crap to get abs. I never twisted one time and got'em.

Austex is offline Member
    Yall want to know the best exercise for obliques and abs (entire mid-section)...this secret has been handed down through the generations, and I am going to share it with AR:

S E X

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i was told by a national competitor that it will help " burn " fat off your obliques by building lean tissue there....am i wrong ?? please inform me with the correct info
    Quite simply, yes as I said before you are wrong, and so is the "national competitor".

You CANNOT burn fat in one area by building lean tissue on that area..........that does NOT MOBILIZE FAT TO BE BURNED W/OXYGEN!!!!!!

If anything, you add muscle over/under the fat, thus making your waist WIDER!!!!!!

Just like those ladies at the gym doing side-bends w/20 lb. d-bells hoping to trim their waists.

They are making a THICKER WAIST.

~SC~

Austex is offline Member
    I used to do those...damn if I didn't stop once my waist size changed! All I do for obliques these days ( except for as noted above ) is cross-crunch sit-ups.

Maybe if a few other senior members tell steveO he is wrong he will listen, I don't think it's sinking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Yall want to know the best exercise for obliques and abs (entire mid-section)...this secret has been handed down through the generations, and I am going to share it with AR:

S E X
    I don't believe you! I'm sorry, but I will be forced to try this until I see results.

Austex is offline Member
    I don't believe you! I'm sorry, but I will be forced to try this until I see results.
    30 minutes in the A.M. on an empty stomach

i see your point now that u realated it to side bends i always see tons of people doing those sorry for the ignorence, and thank you for correcting me

I don't like to "correct" people, I just like to analyze and expose why things that people may think would work, really don't work.

"Correcting" people has a negative connotation and I wasn't tryin' to be negative.

~SC~

i hear ya, but still thanks for informing me

No probs bro.

~SC~

Thread Information