musclestack is offline Productive Member

high-calorie snacks

Hey, fellas. I was wondering what kind of snack I could eat during the day that is high in calories. It would have to be fairly small (easy to carry around with me), and something that wouldn't take a whole lot of time to eat, cuz I am very busy at work (construction). The problem now is I only get to eat 3 meals a day; 4 if I'm lucky, so, I was wondering about something small (high-calorie) that I could eat during the day. Protein/calorie bars are out of the question cuz they're too d*mn expensive.

Any thoughts? Thanks,
    MS

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    protein shakes, nutts

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    protein shakes, nutts
    agreed...

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Fig newtons. I'm sure some will laugh but sometimes when i hit a road trip I"ll grab an RTD51 and a half a pack of Fig newtons. 2 figs are 100 calories. I mean come on is that a joke!?!?! Who the hell is going to eat 1 or 2 fig newtons!?!?!

After a 1 hour drive I"ll look down and see that I ate like 20 of them. Thats a 1000 calories!!!! Combine that with a 250 calorie 51g protein shake. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh call me fat but I"m 8% and bulking. Genetics are a bitch arent they??

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    nuts is the best

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Protein/calorie bars are out of the question cuz they're too d*mn expensive.

MS

Too expensive? To be honest with you a lot of my supps are cheaper then meals. A typical meal relacement mixed with water and 2 scoops of PB can easliy get you to 500 calories. If you're looking for higher numbers look at my other post.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    What is really good are the Organic Trail Mix packs. Most Large grocery stores have them. They are full of a variety of nuts, seeds ect... many diff. varieties. High in Protein and calories.

I really can't be hauling around a jar of nuts all day, but I DO really appreciate all the feedback. You guys are a big help. I was thinking of something I could maybe eat in like a 10 minute period and get a lot of calories out of it....not something that I would just have to keep snacking on all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    Fig newtons. I'm sure some will laugh but sometimes when i hit a road trip I"ll grab an RTD51 and a half a pack of Fig newtons. 2 figs are 100 calories. I mean come on is that a joke!?!?! Who the hell is going to eat 1 or 2 fig newtons!?!?!

After a 1 hour drive I"ll look down and see that I ate like 20 of them. Thats a 1000 calories!!!! Combine that with a 250 calorie 51g protein shake. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh call me fat but I"m 8% and bulking. Genetics are a bitch arent they??
    Thanks, bro. Never tried 'em, but I'll definately look into it. How do they taste???

Quote Originally Posted by jsimon
    What is really good are the Organic Trail Mix packs. Most Large grocery stores have them. They are full of a variety of nuts, seeds ect... many diff. varieties. High in Protein and calories.
    I'll look into these also. Thanks, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Thanks, bro. Never tried 'em, but I'll definately look into it. How do they taste???

They taste good. When I bulk I try to eat some high cal foods. Gets to be a job trying to consume 4k a day seomtimes.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Get a load of porridge oats and put them in with your shakes. Or if you want something more substantial try mixing some oats with nuts and syrup then out in a baking tray then bake for about 20 minutes on 180 degrees and there you have it.....

Thread Information