USMCSS is offline Associate Member

Gas Relief???????

Ok, I know heavy consumption of protein and gas go hand in hand, but I'm I am sicki of being able to fart to the beat of my favorite heavy metal songs. Plus, the odor is not only killing me, but I think I'm starting to see the plants in my house wilt, and my dog ran away 3 days ago.

So, my question is, have any of you guys found a good product for gas relief other than those over the counter things like Gas X, Beano, and Phazyme? I can eat those things like candy. They don't phase me.

HELP PLEASE before I have to repaint the walls in my house....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Probiotics helps me and so does fibers.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Probiotics helps me and so does fibers.
    I consume more fiber everyday than an entire old folks home does. I'm regular, just gassy. I'll look into probiotics. Thanks johan

I read this in the add for Probiotics: "These enzymes can substantially lower C- Reactive Protein levels..." and the fact that it thins your blood. Kinda makes me nervous to take it as I'm on enough strong shit (supps) as it is. Isn't basically saying it will mess up my high protein intake?

c-reactive protein isnt linked to protein consumption. Its a marker for acute inflamation.

Didnt know it thins the blood. never heard of that and cant figure out how. Its just friendly bacteria. If that is the case eating alot of yoghurt will also thin the blood. I dont think it does it to any great extent. Probiotics also has a host of benefits like improved resistance to disease, it can improve nutrient absorbation, protects against cancer ect.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    I consume more fiber everyday than an entire old folks home does. I'm regular, just gassy. I'll look into probiotics. Thanks johan

try more fibers that isnt water soluble like flax seeds. It helps with bowel movement and "cleans" the intestines by mechanicly scraping crap from the intestine walls.

also what enzymes is the brand your looking at talking about??
    Probiotic supplements shouldnt contain enzymes. It should contain acidophilus, bifidus and other bacterias with similar names.

I was just going by what the probiotics site said.

As for Flax seed oil...I'm taking about 4000mg a day. I'm using Benefiber as my fiber supplement. I am also taking a very good brand of acidophilus. Nothing is helping. Maybe I'll give the Probiotics a shot.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Open up a window and let fly.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    I was just going by what the probiotics site said.

As for Flax seed oil...I'm taking about 4000mg a day. I'm using Benefiber as my fiber supplement. I am also taking a very good brand of acidophilus. Nothing is helping. Maybe I'll give the Probiotics a shot.
    I guess some brands have a little of everything in them

Go with the flax seeds(the flax seed oil does nothing for your intestines) and psyllium seeds. I dont know what benefiber is but you can never go wrong with flax and psyllium.

Also you can toy around with the diet. I dont fart anything at all while cutting even though I keep my protein high so I guess carbs have alot to do with farting aswell.

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    gas x . I buy it by the case for my 3 sons.

Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    gas x . I buy it by the case for my 3 sons.
    See original post. Gas X doesn't do anything for me. I can eat a handle of those like they were Skittle and still fart the national anthem.

Thread Information