Silude95 is offline New Member

need help adjusting my bulking diet

This is the diet i have been following for the past ten weeks
    im 5'8 around 158lbs
    i lift doggcrapp style three days a week and am fairly inactive out of the gym with work and school...

meal one workout days
    2 scoops protein
    40g dextrose
    40g maltodextrin

meal one non workout days
    2 scoops protein 5 egg white
    1 cup oats

meal two
    6oz chicken (weighed after cooking)
    1.5 cups brown rice

meal three
    6oz chicken
    1.5 cups brown rice

meal four
    8oz lean beef
    1/4 cup walnuts

meal five
    1.5 cans tuna
    2tbs full fat mayo

meal six
    3 scoops protein
    1 tbs olive oil

i belive this comes out to be around 3100 cals, 300 grams protein, 200 carbs and 60 grams of fat...might be off by a little but fairly close. i eat veg with most meals but never the same so i didnt include them in the list. I take r-ala with all my carb meals except pwo. meal one is the meal that changes on work out days.

I seem to be gaining only fat. according to my bf scale i went form 148 at 11% to 158 at 15-16%. im gaining strenght rapidly...going up five pounds in 95% of all exercises every time so i feel i should be getting some lbm but again i def look fatter and my scale says im getting fatter.

so heres where i need help. using the harris-elliot exel sheet, it says i should be consuming 2600-2900 cals roughly. should i make changes to my diet to fit into this calorie range?..if so what should i change?.. also, im presently not doing cardio. would it be a better idea to leave the diet the way it is and add two or three am walking sessions?

anything would be really helpful...sorry for the lenghty post.

copenhagen is offline Member
    you might try throwing one of the fat meals and replace it with a carb. preferably the mayo, just go with tuna and relish on whole wheat bread or something along those lines. also i would kick your carbs up to atleast 1.5 or 2g x your body weight. a little over 300 will have you growing too. If i makes you feel better then i would add like 2 days of cardio at 20 minutes. on the days your not working out, nothing too drastic since your trying to gain weight. i would just watch the diet, cause if you are eating what you say then you should not be gaining that much bf.

Thread Information