swizole is offline Associate Member

whole grain cereal?

I am on a bulking (not to strict) diet right now. Would it be horrible for after a work out, have a protien shake and a bowl of say honey-nut cheerios or low sugar oat meal. I know these do have some simple sugars but I figured since they are whole grain and not that many suagars. Around 10 g a serving, this would not be that bad. Any comments would be great. Thanks

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    GO Lean Kashi high protein cereal is pretty good, its oats and Soy(some people dont liek soy but for a cereal i think its fine) it has something liek 13 grams of protein n 30 grams of carbs, i love it, taste good, n pretty lagit nutritionaly

swizole is offline Associate Member
    preciate it man. I swear it is hard as hell to stay lean and put on a lot of muscle. I have been trying to go high calorie with some-what good foods and I still look like i am putting on some bad weight. Any way thanks.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    no prob, shoprite has this its about 2.50 a box for 8 servings( 1 cup each) its not in the cereal isle, just ask someone where the kashi is, on the box it doent say high protein, it says something liek fiber or something, but it says 12 grams of protein real big on the front, u cant miss it,hope this help, n it taste GREAT

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    no prob, shoprite has this its about 2.50 a box for 8 servings( 1 cup each) its not in the cereal isle, just ask someone where the kashi is, on the box it doent say high protein, it says something liek fiber or something, but it says 12 grams of protein real big on the front, u cant miss it,hope this help, n it taste GREAT

I'm not that big on cereal but when i do eat it I go with Kashi as well. I've tried them all and let me tell you some of them go down hairy. You could swear its water proof. Good stuff though

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    for post workout i would say that cereal isnt a bad choice at all...i used to do frosted flakes and i would use a protein shake as milk. taste is good and it still kept me lean.

jermazz is offline New Member
    you don't really need to worry about high GI carbs right after a work out, you want them. They are actually better cause they are quicker absorbed and go to replace muscle glycogen so eat the most sugary cereal if you wish with your shake, just watch the fat content, too much will slow digestion and starve your muscles for longer. frosted flakes would be a wise choice, corn and sugar with little fat, really high GI.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    GoLeanCrunch, good stuff. Eat it every morning w/my whey.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jermazz
    you don't really need to worry about high GI carbs right after a work out, you want them. They are actually better cause they are quicker absorbed and go to replace muscle glycogen so eat the most sugary cereal if you wish with your shake, just watch the fat content, too much will slow digestion and starve your muscles for longer. frosted flakes would be a wise choice, corn and sugar with little fat, really high GI.
    amen...frosted cheerios is another good choice.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    GoLeanCrunch, careful...sugar laced......

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Deliscious. You get more sugar with the milk added in the bowl.

Thread Information