rissinite is offline Associate Member

Switching from No-Carb to Good Carbs

I've been following a really strict, "less than 20g of carbs" diet for about 4 weeks now. I've shed quite a bit of body fat, and since I've been on Clen , I haven't lost any size or strength. I'm looking to change my diet to follow the sticky, but don't want to blow up from getting out of ketosis. What is the best way to ease into getting carbs back into my diet? Thanks

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    damn.. swolecat is going to go nuts on this one..

I hear ya about the ketosis.. the problem you have now is you body hasn't changed it's set point.. (that is the weight that it thinks it should be)..

thus you may or may not be in starvation mode.. if you are, then your body will gain back the fat..

i am assuming that you are talking about adding root veggies to your diet.. ??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

copenhagen is offline Member
    definately need more than 20g of carbs a day bro. how many g's of efa's are you consuming?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Add the carbs back in slowly perhaps 20g at a time.

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    I both know, and understand Swole's approach to dieting. I have given it a try and had moderate success. However, everyone's body is different, and for some reason my body really does well with carb restriction. I add the clen to preserve as much muscle as possible, and whether you believe it or not, since I've been doing keto, my strength has gone up, my weight in pounds has not dropped much at all, and my bodyfat has decreased substantially, from 13.4% to 9.7.

The reason for the switch is that I'm going to be implementing Superdrol, and going into a buking diet, where carbs are very much needed. I'm not starting the Superdrol until January, so I want to slowly add carbs back into my diet so I don't shock myself and gain all the weight back with a large amount of carbs being dumped in my gut.

I'm getting plenty of flax for efa's, and I'm going to probably start by adding 1 pro/carb meal in to my PPWO.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    To be quite honest, there is no metabolic advantage for being in ketosis. Unless you were very obese or you have very very poor insulin sensitivity, which would go hand in hand with being obese. For the lack of carbs you must make up for them with fats. So its all about the same, except for you do not get the benefits of carbs at all. Some people have this notion that carbs somehow magically are the enemy and they make you fat. This is all actuality is very far from the truth.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    I both know, and understand Swole's approach to dieting. I have given it a try and had moderate success. However, everyone's body is different, and for some reason my body really does well with carb restriction. I add the clen to preserve as much muscle as possible, and whether you believe it or not, since I've been doing keto, my strength has gone up, my weight in pounds has not dropped much at all, and my bodyfat has decreased substantially, from 13.4% to 9.7.

The reason for the switch is that I'm going to be implementing Superdrol, and going into a buking diet, where carbs are very much needed. I'm not starting the Superdrol until January, so I want to slowly add carbs back into my diet so I don't shock myself and gain all the weight back with a large amount of carbs being dumped in my gut.

I'm getting plenty of flax for efa's, and I'm going to probably start by adding 1 pro/carb meal in to my PPWO.
    understood.. one of the issues i have with a low carb diet is the energy level isn't there.. but i fixed that with having a green apple before working out.. seems to have done the trick..

yes it will kill your ketosis, but maybe not..

would love an update, as you continue, or start a journal..

call it

"carb free to restricted carb results"

or

"Fat to flat in 30 days"
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information