In the Eyes of God is offline New Member

High Protein, High EFA, No Carb bulking??

Is there any health problem from consuming incredible amounts of EFA?? Heart attack?? Cholesterol problems!?

Im SICK of eating carbs. Im sick of having to cook like 15 cups of whole wheat pasta a day just to get my calories.

With that in mind I look at my UDO's oil blend. Its absolutely fawkin loaded with calories.

Does the body NEED carbohydrates? Or can the body derive all its energy from EFAs?? I already take 6 tbsp of UDO's a day. I want to double that and drop 99% of my carb intake. What im concerend is, if im taking that much oil for many months, do I run an increased risk of cholesterol problems?? Is there any health problems with taking -alot- of EFA's?

Thanks.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Yes ur body needs carbs it the main source of energy bruh ur brain alone needs 50 grams of glucose to function properly, go ahead and go about 3-5 days without carbs and let me know how u feel

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    if u dont want to eat to many carbs just keep them pre and post workout...but then ur fats have got to be boosted nuf

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    ur brain alone needs 50 grams of glucose to function properly,

That is one stat that I love SteveO!!!

I love learning statistical information. Especailly the kind that makes you open your mouth and eyes wide open. Some of these people run Low carb all the way down to Zero carb diets and wonder why they feel like crap. Your stat answers it. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    if u run no carbs in ur diet u will damage ur body. kind of random but i heard when matt damon was losing weight for courage under fire he ate no carbs and ****ed himself up...

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    no carbs means going insane and end up with real brain problem...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by In the Eyes of God
    Is there any health problem from consuming incredible amounts of EFA?? Heart attack?? Cholesterol problems!?
    Yes your not suposed to get to much EFA's. It can thin out the blood to much, it can make the LDL cholesterol oxidize more easily.

Im SICK of eating carbs. Im sick of having to cook like 15 cups of whole wheat pasta a day just to get my calories.

With that in mind I look at my UDO's oil blend. Its absolutely fawkin loaded with calories.
    Olive oil would be a much better oil to use as a source of kcal.

Does the body NEED carbohydrates? Or can the body derive all its energy from EFAs?? I already take 6 tbsp of UDO's a day. I want to double that and drop 99% of my carb intake. What im concerend is, if im taking that much oil for many months, do I run an increased risk of cholesterol problems?? Is there any health problems with taking -alot- of EFA's?

Thanks.
    No carbs isnt a essential nutrient, you can survive just fine without it. Look at escimoes. But it might not be a optimal way to diet.

If you want easy kcal eat nuts, lots of em. Dont go wild on the UDO's. Dont eliminate carbs either. You need carb sources mostly for the micronutrients that follows.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yeah man the ancient man lived on meat.. and roots before he learnd the agricultural ways.

they were like 85% Fat and Protein diets and they were lean mean killin machines .. its all about life style they were active but the body is an amazing device able to convert fat to glucose and glucose to fat NEAT HUH?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    about 60% of pro can be turned into glucose

and 10% of fat....

the human body is one fvcking amazing thing

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    when i was 220 back in the day hardly any muscle....I completly cut out all my carbs and cut down to 170 in no time. I may have had some cereal for breakfast....but thats about it

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i mean its not fun but its logical.. no carbs means body has to burn muscle and fat for fuel.. thus FASTER weight LOSS

well the same argument could be made for any of the macronutrients and be just as convincing. When you lower kcal the body has to catabolise fat tissue and muscle tissue. Doesnt matter if you lower kcal by removing one macro completely or by lowering each macro proportionaly.

There is no point in keto diets.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    I didnt realize the worst mistake I have made was just limiting my carbs to 3/4cup oats a day and a TON of fiberous veggies to fill me up.......I maybe had 2 rice cakes post workout, but aside from the 45g of arbs of oats, I was easily under 125/day........Sure I went from a strong and semi lean 220, to 160 over 2 years, but anorexia kicked in and now I am suffering + completely exhausted......Just recently, I've been TRYING o consume 200+ a day and recducing fats......mind is telling me that my abs are fading, but f-it...life or death now.......I want to be strong again, not on the cover of mens health...or anorexic health......

I just noticed my psot made it sound like I belive you can eat whatever as long as the kcal is low. I dont belive that at all. But ditching carbs isnt the way. It can work sure but why do it when its not the best way.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Body doesn't "need" carbs, but insulin makes you anabolic , and helps with bulking. I say good luck trying with no carbs.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Yes your not suposed to get to much EFA's. It can thin out the blood to much, it can make the LDL cholesterol oxidize more easily.

Olive oil would be a much better oil to use as a source of kcal.

No carbs isnt a essential nutrient, you can survive just fine without it. Look at escimoes. But it might not be a optimal way to diet.
    If you want easy kcal eat nuts, lots of em. Dont go wild on the UDO's. Dont eliminate carbs either. You need carb sources mostly for the micronutrients that follows.

yes escimoes do eat tons of pro/fat combo's but there also not pounding weight 4-5 days a week with cardio so carbs would be optimuim for exercise

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    yes escimoes do eat tons of pro/fat combo's but there also not pounding weight 4-5 days a week with cardio so carbs would be optimuim for exercise
    yupp I agree

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    split it up man eat carbs until about 4-6pm then eat fats with ur meals...

Austex is offline Member
    (sic) Eskimos

Thread Information