steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

what do you use for PWO?

whats up people i was oundering what evreuone uses for there PWO nutrtion, i have tried both whey/dex and whey/oats i think whey/oats works best for me i seem to gain BF off the whey/dex combo what do you use ??

alo5603 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    whats up people i was oundering what evreuone uses for there PWO nutrtion, i have tried both whey/dex and whey/oats i think whey/oats works best for me i seem to gain BF off the whey/dex combo what do you use ??
    what kind of oats exactly do you use? I also notice i tend to gain a little bf with the old whey/dex, but i have been usin it for years.

alo

i normally use quick oats but if im out i'll use just regular oats

chest6 is offline Banned
    whey/dex..never tried whey oats

quick oats?..... for the sugar maybe? I was thinkin i would probably use the same oats i use in the mornin for my breakfast. Only problem i see, is its not a fast acting carb like dex, its a complex, so i fear it wouldnt spike the insulin levels fast enough when i need it most ie, PWO. What are your thoughts?

alo

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    70 grams of Wheyprotein mixed with 6-7dl of milk and a fruit. Usualy a banana or apple.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    70 grams of Wheyprotein mixed with 6-7dl of milk and a fruit. Usualy a banana or apple.
    well thats a little creative, whats your reasoning for it? Sounds delicious if ya ask me..... yum.

alo

Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    quick oats?..... for the sugar maybe? I was thinkin i would probably use the same oats i use in the mornin for my breakfast. Only problem i see, is its not a fast acting carb like dex, its a complex, so i fear it wouldnt spike the insulin levels fast enough when i need it most ie, PWO. What are your thoughts?

alo

you dont need a fast acting carb giantz will fill u in on this one

well thats a little creative, whats your reasoning for it? Sounds delicious if ya ask me..... yum.

alo

well there is abundance of evicende indicating that high gi pwo isnt needed. So I pic milk since it tastes good and is easy

and it sure does taste good to do a whey, milk and banan milkshake

well think is im on the road after a work out and i cant use milk, urrrhhggggg i hate this PWO BS i wish i was never educated on it !!!!! giving me a headach

take a few fruits with you. eat a banan or 2 and a apple and your good to go until the ppwo meal.

mmmm good idea there is a smoothis protein place next to the gym that sells PWO shakes they do use fruit maybe i'll give it a try

yeah. a whey shake and a smothie would work.

you dont need a fast acting carb giantz will fill u in on this one
    can you just give me a little overview? Ive been off the board for a few weeks now due to job relocations..... why not the high gi carb?

alo

alo. to sum it up there is no advantage to naturaly(injecting is a whole different thing)spiking insulin by high gi carbs. Using low gi carbs gets the job done equaly good. The only advantage for the high gi carbs would be if you need to replenish glycogen quickly if you are gonna do some kind of exercise after your workout. Otherwise low gi work as good.

alo. to sum it up there is no advantage to naturaly(injecting is a whole different thing)spiking insulin by high gi carbs. Using low gi carbs gets the job done equaly good. The only advantage for the high gi carbs would be if you need to replenish glycogen quickly if you are gonna do some kind of exercise after your workout. Otherwise low gi work as good.
    it gets the job done just as good as high GI??? Can you show me more info on it, cuz if your right, and probably are, im gonna be a little pissed that i used dex for years and didnt need to.......

alo

well put, johan....for example alo, lets say after your lifting session you plan on doing cardio in a few hours, they yowould want something like whey/dex or whey/gatorade..

it gets the job done just as good as high GI??? Can you show me more info on it, cuz if your right, and probably are, im gonna be a little pissed that i used dex for years and didnt need to.......

alo
    Im sorry but I dont have links to the pubmed abstracts on my computer. Would take me a while to search them up. I do know giantz have them though so he will probably se this thread and post it.

Im gonna try and search for old threads about this and post a link for you.

Im sorry but I dont have links to the pubmed abstracts on my computer. Would take me a while to search them up. I do know giantz have them though so he will probably se this thread and post it.

Im gonna try and search for old threads about this and post a link for you.
    its all good bro, i was thinkin the same thing about giantz, if ya cant find it, dont sweat it.... i tried lookin to but looks like it could take a little while. So if i do decide to make the transition....... i would imagine you still follow the
    2-1 rule for the carb/pro correct?

oh yeah, steve0, im sorry if i hijacked your thread, didnt mean too.

alo

well put, johan....for example alo, lets say after your lifting session you plan on doing cardio in a few hours, they yowould want something like whey/dex or whey/gatorade..
    yeah, thats what i was thinkin, but i dont do cardio after workout, cuz i feel too burntout as it is, so am only for me.... so in reality, u guys are sayin it doesnt matter what carb you ingest PWO right? I mean, you got, dextrose, fructose, sucralose, etc....... this changes everything........

alo

ado here is a pretty good thread
    Question on amounts/type of carbs needed after workout

I tend to use less carbs nowdays. I get around 35g carbs from the milk and maby 30 or so more from fruit. So 60-70g carbs and something like 60g of protien aswell

exactly. the source of carb doesnt matter. So you might aswell use a low gi healthy carb. But you will probably not notice a difference either way. If you like the dex you might as well continue.

ohh one carb to avoid would be pure fructose. Fruit is cool. but pure fructose would be a poor choise.

ohh one carb to avoid would be pure fructose. Fruit is cool. but pure fructose would be a poor choise.
    yeah if you would have told me to try that, i probably would have told you to f*ck off lol, jk. Anyways, yeah the read was very informative, im gonna give it a try, i mean, it doesnt hurt to try it out and see for your self i guess. If all goes well, im thinkin maybe dex during bulk and oats for cuttin up.....
    But why not the 2-1 rule for you? No need in your case?

alo

yeah if you would have told me to try that, i probably would have told you to f*ck off lol, jk. Anyways, yeah the read was very informative, im gonna give it a try, i mean, it doesnt hurt to try it out and see for your self i guess. If all goes well, im thinkin maybe dex during bulk and oats for cuttin up.....
    But why not the 2-1 rule for you? No need in your case?

alo

Nah doesnt hurt at all. For me I dont notice any difference whatsoever.

I have found that my body realy dont need much carbs. Just a personal thing. Thats why I dont do the 2-1 rule.

Nah doesnt hurt at all. For me I dont notice any difference whatsoever.

I have found that my body realy dont need much carbs. Just a personal thing. Thats why I dont do the 2-1 rule.
    yeah, i usually kept it 2-1, unless taking slin, than i played with it a little, but im startin to realize the unnecessary load of carbs at that time..... especially now, knowing insulin spike is not as necessary with high GI carbs PWO......
    Just tryin to find new ways to stay lean........

alo

same here i have always used a lower amount of cabs in my diets either bulking or cutting pro/fat meals seem to work really well for me....hint pb is my best friend, also i do not use the 2:1 ratio in my PWO

anyways........ now that that is out of the way, i would like to bump steve0's question, i would also like some ideas for PWO drinks.....

alo

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i mix it up. i have whey/dex on larger body part days. and whey/oats or whey/fruit on smaller body part days. today i was naughty though...i had frosted flakes with skim milk and a scoop of whey (seperate of course) it was yum!! i need my frosted flakes every once in a while.

mitch911 is offline Member
    whey and oats blended together does that taste good? if the low gi is the case i would consider comming half way and maybe doing some whole wheat pasta or some sort of whole wheat bun or bread 60-70 g or is time of the essence still and should be injested within 15 mins after w/o..i was reading some poll on bb.com and it showed like 80% doing the whey/oats combo over the whey/dex

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i mix it up. i have whey/dex on larger body part days. and whey/oats or whey/fruit on smaller body part days. today i was naughty though...i had frosted flakes with skim milk and a scoop of whey (seperate of course) it was yum!! i need my frosted flakes every once in a while.

mmmmm tony the tiger

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Thread Information