Darion is offline Banned

Wasn't sure where to put this...

It is more about just, health in general I suppose........

I had a body composition analysis done today and some of the things inolved are confusing to me; my results are:

Male, 16 yrs, 6 ft 1 in, weight-177.5 lb, BMI-23.4, BMR- 8712 kJ or 2082 kcal, impedance- 413 ohms, fat% - 11.0, fat mass - 19.5 lbs, fat free mass- 158.01 lbs, and total body water- 115.51 lbs

Now, there are two majorly confusing things to me: 1) They say I should keep a 5.4:1 ratio of fat free mass to fat mass, I have an 8:1 ratio. This would mean I need to gain a lot of fat?? However, I'm 11% body fat (standard)? and my BMI is in the upper segment of healthy! This means I'm verging on being too fat.... 2) Impedance at 413 Ohms. This is in the upper part of normal for men in general. It is also said to increase greatly with age. The higher Impedance, the more at risk for left ventricle associated heart problems I believe... My father (who was a tri-athelete) had a massive heart attack at 36, leaving over 85% of his heart as dead muscle tissue. ALL of the blockage was in the left ventricle (hereditary problems are associated with this ventricle). He since had to have a heart transplant (doing fine now, thanks). However, his cholesterol was perfect, he was in great shape, his hydration was excellent. Am I destined for a repeat and could his problem have been high impedance as well?

Edit- 11% body fat in men is considered athletic.
    Last edited by Darion; 12-05-2005 at 05:14 PM.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    WTF is that about

Darion is offline Banned
    I thought I explained it well.... I've always had difficulty talking to people.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    5.4:1 ratio=18.5%bf
    who told u this was normal

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darion
    I thought I explained it well.... I've always had difficulty talking to people.
    You did explain it well. That is my bad, for some reason your post came up filled with these words. Finatren trenfina trentrenfinafina etc etc etc. Looked pretty cool, but must have been a glitche, happened in another forum today also. I honestly don't have an answer to your question so here is a BUMP.. By the way how is your cardio?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Darion
    Male, 16 yrs
    See you in 2 years.

Bye!

~SC~

Thread Information