Thread: Crash diet

jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Crash diet

Any ideas on a crash diet? I've started today from what i know. Just had 3 steaks and a celery stick.

I'd like to lose about 5 -10 pounds by jan 1st without clen or anything. Does anyone have any recommendations on fat nutritional fat loss pills? do they work?

For my crash diet i'm going to try to go super atkins and just eat steak on day and chiken the next with a couple of carrots and v8 juices thrown in.

For cardio I swim. I know swimming isn't recommended but on days i'm not weight training it's the only thing that will make me go to the gym. Swimming is better than nothing right?

Just asking yalls opinion on whats good for a crash diet.

Jdog55

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    Any ideas on a crash diet? I've started today from what i know. Just had 3 steaks and a celery stick.

I'd like to lose about 5 -10 pounds by jan 1st without clen or anything. Does anyone have any recommendations on fat nutritional fat loss pills? do they work?

For my crash diet i'm going to try to go super atkins and just eat steak on day and chiken the next with a couple of carrots and v8 juices thrown in.

For cardio I swim. I know swimming isn't recommended but on days i'm not weight training it's the only thing that will make me go to the gym. Swimming is better than nothing right?

Just asking yalls opinion on whats good for a crash diet.

Jdog55
    if you really need to lose the weight then you NEED to do cardio. and dont do that atkins man unless you wanna lose muscle too...i prefer slow carb as oppose to low carb. i dont think that you can naturally (without illegal products) lose 10 pounds of pure fat in 26 days. if it has to be done then get some T3 and Clen from the website on the top right corner of this page. but if it has to be done legally then the only things i can think of that are proven to work that you can buy at like GNC or whatever are CLA, flax seed oils, acetyl l-carnitine, caffeine, green tea, and maybe a random thermogenic. but you have to do cardio man no buts about it. and use the cutting sticky at the top of the diet page.

I do cardio. on workout days i bike. on rest days i swim. I don't need to lose a whole 10 pounds. 5-7 would be fine. I have a very high metabolism anyway. so i think that might help if i diet right.

Is drinking v-8 juice the same as eating vegetables?

Jdog55

I do cardio. on workout days i bike. on rest days i swim. I don't need to lose a whole 10 pounds. 5-7 would be fine. I have a very high metabolism anyway. so i think that might help if i diet right.

Is drinking v-8 juice the same as eating vegetables?

Jdog55
    i wouldnt think so man. not at all actually.

Austex is offline Member
    Juice has a higher sodium content and less fiber than fresh veggies. Drink more water if you're going to be consuming a lot of sodium. This could actually help out in the long run for you if you use your last week as a "contest prep week".

oh yeah what exactly are you losing the weight for? a contest? oh yeah and this is random but oh well...did you know that celery has negative calories? you actually burn more calories chewing the celery than the celery has in it. lol interesting stuff eh?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

whats good for a crash diet.
    Nothing, that is an oxymoron.

~SC~

It's not a competition. I just want to start bukling on the 1st. I know it would be better to have a good diet and exercise but check this out.

I have a belly when i sit down in kinda goes over my belt. i'm not fat anywhere else. I'm about 18% bf last time i got it check. I'm not sure if that was legit tho. I went to this ad in the paper and got it tested and they used sensors on my toes and said it delivered signals to water molecules and that somehow told them what BF% i was. Anyway.

I've always kinda had a little pudge. The reason I don't know if just a normal diet would work is that I was in the army for 4 years. IN boot camp we ate a perfect diet "i assume" and did lots of cardio and aerobic activity and i still had the pudge even though i did gain some muscle.

Jdog55

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    It's not a competition. I just want to start bukling on the 1st. I know it would be better to have a good diet and exercise but check this out.

I have a belly when i sit down in kinda goes over my belt. i'm not fat anywhere else. I'm about 18% bf last time i got it check. I'm not sure if that was legit tho. I went to this ad in the paper and got it tested and they used sensors on my toes and said it delivered signals to water molecules and that somehow told them what BF% i was. Anyway.

I've always kinda had a little pudge. The reason I don't know if just a normal diet would work is that I was in the army for 4 years. IN boot camp we ate a perfect diet "i assume" and did lots of cardio and aerobic activity and i still had the pudge even though i did gain some muscle.

Jdog55
    if you have a elly that goes over yor belt, trust me, your fat in most other places too....I think you need to reanalyze your motives here......bulking up doesnt seem feasible rigt now.....be smart dude....3 steaks and celery is a joke....

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I am not a proponent of crash dieting at all, nothing good can come out of it, however if you are going to do what you are going to then I suggest you read this:

**** My Ass is Fat: A Simple Approach to Rapid Fat Loss
    by Tkarrde

Introduction

Spring is here. The trees are blooming, the beaches are getting crowded, and the time to shed those winter pounds has come. Yes, it’s diet season for us bodybuilding types. Love it or hate it, the summer is the season of skin. And while sleeve-stretching arms are great, if they’re accompanied by a protruding midsection, hiding it becomes a helluva a lot trickier this time of year.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t stand prolonged dieting. As Jay-Z would say, I have no patience…and I hate waiting. I guess you could call me an extremist, which as many of you probably know is a virtue and a vice. And, I’m guessing that this is a trait many of you can identify with. Bodybuilding tends to be a haven for us obsessive types, for whom moderation is boring, and even alien.

And thus, I have no desire to diet from March to June, the whole time knowing that in order to maintain my results I’ll be spending the entire summer eating like a bird. And that my friends is why I’ve developed this little 14-day diet plan.

Now before I go into the details of this plan, let me explain some things. First, I hold no pretense that what I am about to recommend is particularly novel. Threads in the Avant forums have been devoted to variations on this type of diet, as have old articles from our friends at testosterone .net. And, I fully acknowledge that I have borrowed from this knowledge bank while preparing my plan, particularly from Spook. My goal with this article is to provide a rather simple, but not overly simple, approach to a two week “steroid starvation” diet.

While researching plans of this nature, I found that the information was either overwhelming or oversimplified. Often, the discussion became (as it so often does in Avant’s forums) so elaborate and damned intelligent (in a good but erudite way) that it called for an endless number of supplements to cover every possible angle, and left everyone but the supplement-science elite rather confused. My formal background is not one of science—I received my B.A. in Comparative Literature for instance. And, while I fancy myself rather knowledgeable in training, diet, and supplementation (for an autodidact), I make no claims to be an elite supplement guru. And, it is for those like me that I write this article.

So, one thing I wanted to do was craft a dieting plan that was somewhat simple in terms of recommend supplements. Often, as the science of supplements is explored, a laundry list of possibly beneficial compounds emerges. Not only does the cost increase, it becomes damn confusing for the average (or even above average) trainee to understand what the hell is going on—what this does, what that’s for, etc.

The Plan

So that’s basically the premise behind this plan; now enough banter, let’s get to the details! I will first discuss the mandatory supplements you will need, after which I will touch briefly on some beneficial adjuncts you might choose to employ should finances permit. I will then outline the diet, followed by some general training recommendations. Before I continue, I want to state that I accept no responsibility for any potential consequences resulting from a diet and supplement regimen like this. Given the recommended supplements, it is imperative that you monitor your blood pressure as well as your heart rate on a regular basis. As always, proceed at your own risk, and consult a physician before starting any exercise or diet program.

The Supplements

First, if you’re not comfortable or are unable to use a rather strong androgen, this program isn’t for you. There is no way, given the recommended calorie range required for rapid fat loss, that your body can positively tolerate this program without the muscle-friendly (and fat burning, I might add) help of AAS. So, in terms of over-the-counter options, some good choices include1-test or Methyl 1-test. Be sure to use a moderate to heavy dose, depending on prior androgen experience and/or bodyweight.

Additionally, SesaThin and Fish Oil should be used to accelerate fat oxidation and enhance changes in body composition. Remember that when using SesaThin, your Fish Oil intake can be approximately halved from what it typically is.

We’re also going to want to use LipoDerm-Ultra. Not only with this aid in fat reduction around trouble areas, but with the large calorie deficit this plan creates, LipoDerm should help ensure there is a constant and abundant supply of liberated fatty acids for oxidation. If you can afford to do so, be more liberal with application sites than you normally would.

Next I’d recommend some type of stimulant. Whether you use the traditional ephedrine/caffeine stack, or Avant’s new H.E.A.T. Stack, follow the manufacturer’s dosing instructions and be sure to opt for the higher end of the dosing protocol (after you have assessed tolerance, of course).

And, what would a diet be without LeptiGen. Given the extremity of this regimen, I’d advocate use of original LeptiGen at 5 tablespoons per day, spaced between meals. This will provide creatine pyruvate as well, which is a plus. I’ll get into specifics later when I lay out the diet plan.

So, to reiterate: SesaThin, LipoDerm-Ultra, E/C or H.E.A.T. Stack and LeptiGen (original).

So, the core supplements of the program laid out, other compounds that would be quite helpful include:

Nicotine
    Green Tea
    7-keto/7-oxo (preferably topical; if oral, 300-400mgs/day)

The Diet: Tuna Anyone?

Now that we’ve gotten the supplement side of things out of the way, let’s turn to the diet. And what an exciting diet this is! I damn well hope that you like Chunk Light Tuna, because that’s basically all you’ll be living off of for the next 14 days. Albacore may taste better, however it has a bit more calories and costs significantly more. If you’d like to substitute Albacore for Chunk Light, go ahead and do so, however you must factor in the additional 25 calories per can and reduce consumption accordingly. Either way, look at living off of tuna this way: given how damned cheap your daily food supply will cost, forking over a bit of cash on supplements is far easier to justify.

In addition to tuna, some Whey protein can be used post-workout, as could some BCAAs. I don’t really think it’s necessary, though some will undoubtedly herald this statement as an indication that I’m a blasphemer of all things holy. Look, if you have Whey or BCAAs (ICE anyone?) laying around the house, great, use them. If not, I’m really not going to tell you that you have to run out and drop the cash for either. Remember, this is a KISS approach here. In addition to tuna, you’re free to eat as much lettuce and fat free/sugar free dressing as you like.

As an aside, if you’re really odd, you can mix your tuna with lettuce, vinegar, Tabasco and garlic powder. This sounds like balls to me, but someone I know swears by it. Of course, someone else around these parts swears by broccoli, mustard and splenda. Do we need anymore proof that dieting ****s up your head?

To round out the tuna and lettuce, you’re going to need some Fish Oil—10 caps per day should do it, given that the inclusion of SesaThin allows you to notably reduce your Fish Oil intake. Also, because you’ll be using a hefty dose of androgens, dietary fat’s role in keeping testosterone levels up is not something you need to be terribly worried about (though this is something you’ll need to consider post-cycle—more on this later).

Total calories should hover in the range of 5-7 calories per pound of bodyweight, which is damn low (those that don’t want to risk too much LBM loss can jump to 8 calories per pound). Brace yourself for some hunger pangs, moodiness, mental fogginess and lack of energy. Sleeping will seem appe****g all day I’m sure, until of course you get in bed only to find you have insomnia. Bottom line: don’t undertake this program during a high-stress time at work, school, etc.

But I digress. Let’s get back to the daily regimen. Ideally, for someone who weighs 200-210lbs, your diet should look something like this (this is just an example—make changes based on sleep patterns, weight, etc., as needed):

7:30 A.M. Apply 6-8 squirts LipoDerm-Ultra (after assessing tolerance)

8:00 A.M. 1 Can Tuna, 2 Fish Oil Caps, Lettuce if you like = 170 calories

9:30 A.M. 1 Scoop LeptiGen, 1 Cap SesaThin = 37 calories

11:30 A.M. 1 Can Tuna, 2 Fish Oil Caps, Lettuce if you like = 170 calories

1:00 P.M. 1 Scoop LeptiGen, 1 Serving SesaThin = 37 calories

3:00 P.M. 1 Can Tuna, 2 Fish Oil Caps, Lettuce if you like = 170 calories

4:30 P.M. 1 Scoop LeptiGen, 1 Serving SesaThin = 37 calories

6:30 P.M 1 Can Tuna, Lettuce if you like = 170 calories

7:30 P.M. Apply 6-8 Squirts LipoDerm-Ultra

9:00 P.M 1/2 Can Tuna, 2 Fish Oil Caps, Lettuce if you like = 95 calories

9:30 P.M. 1 Scoop LeptiGen, 1 Serving SesaThin = 37 calories

11:00 P.M. 1 Can Tuna w/ Lettuce if you like, or 150 calories worth of a Casein shake, 2 Fish Oil Caps = 170 calories

Immediately Before Bed: 1 Scoop LeptiGen, 1 Serving SesaThin = 37 calories

Total Calories: 1130
    *Notes: Depending on what time you workout, you can substitute in 150 calories worth of Whey protein in place of tuna for your post-workout feeding.

*Adjust calorie intake up or down based on bodyweight. If you’re on the larger side, add in an additional tuna feeding(s) rather than increasing how much you eat per sitting. If on the other hand your weight requires you to eat any less than 1 can of tuna per four hours, reduce the amount of tuna you eat per meal. I don’t want you going longer than four hours without food (save for when sleeping).

*As you may have noticed, aside from trivial amounts in lettuce, this plan includes no dietary fiber. Due to the severe calorie deficit we want to create, adding in fiber-rich foods is not really ideal. So, I'd recommend Psyllium Husk to prevent you from...er...clogging up. You could also use Metamucil (they now have capsules, thank god), FiberCon, or similar; just try to throw some type of fiber supplement into the mix.

*Regardless of bodyweight, strive to keep Fish Oil, SesaThin and LeptiGen intake near-identical to what’s outlined above.

*Take your thermogenic of choice without food, 3-6 times per day (depending on what product/compounds you opt for). After assessing tolerance, it’s probably advantageous to use a higher dose (not to exceed what’s recommended by the manufacture of course). If using Nicotine, dose as needed (generally 2 mgs of the gum every two hours to total 16mgs, or six Camels a day if that’s your fancy).

*If seven days into this program you are feeling flat as hell, you have a number of options: 1) Reduce SesaThin intake to 3 servings per day, or 2) Depending upon how lean you are, insert a reefed/carb-up on the seventh day, which would be 12 hours in duration, and include 500 grams of carbs or so. Really though, given the drugs in use and the short duration of this diet, you can probably skirt through the two weeks without needing a reefed (especially for those who are beginning the program at higher bodyfat percentages).

The Training

I’ve learned a few things during my numerous years of training. One of those things is that there are generally three types of lifters—those that always like to follow other people’s programs to the tee, those that never like to follow other people’s programs, and those that fall somewhere in the middle. Personally, I’m the type who never likes to follow someone else’s training routines exactly. It bothers me. I need to customize, I need to do my own thang, I need to Just-ify it (okay that was bad, I admit).

So too did I once believe that there was that oft-alluded to magic bullet that would make me grow like a weed. Well, I’m here to tell you (as if you haven’t heard it before) that it ain’t so. At this point you’re probably wondering what I’m getting at. Essentially, methinks there’s not one ideal way to train that works for everyone, and I believe the same to hold true under these conditions as well.

My advice is to train like you always do, with a few exceptions and general recommendations. On a diet like this, even with a lot of androgens, don’t expect to see too much by way of strength gains. Frankly, you’ll be lucky if you retain your current strength levels during this period (but, they’ll quickly come back with the return to a semi-normal diet, so don’t fret too much about this). As such, in order to minimize strength losses, I would strongly urge you to perform about two sets of 2-4 reps in one compound lift every time you workout a given bodypart.

So, every time you perform a chest workout, for instance, perform two maximal (or near-maximal) sets of a bench variation in the 2-4 rep range. Do the same with back, legs and shoulders. For arms, traps and calves, do this as well, however feel free to keep the weights in the 4-6 rep range.

After those two sets, train however you’d like. Higher reps (8-15) will deplete glycogen faster and will be beneficial the first few days. However glycogen depletion isn’t really something you need to worry too much about after 3-5 days into the program given the dearth of carbs and the use of SesaThin. I’d also advise you to keep volume on the moderate side, which I’m sure won’t be a problem when your energy levels crash 5-7 days into the diet. Cardio is not mandatory, however some light cardio work (emphasis on light…I’d personally avoid HIIT) would probably not hurt.

The Aftermath

So, you’ve survived the two weeks, you’re down 8-12 pounds of fat, and the question has become: how the hell do I return to normal eating without: 1) binging like mad and/or 2) regaining much of the fat I lost. This is a very good question. And while these fears cannot be 100% guarded against, there are a few tactics you can use to minimize the threat.

First, in terms of supplements/drugs, I recommend you begin use of topical 7-oxo if you haven’t already (or high-dose oral 7-keto), to help bring your metabolism back in line. If you terminate your androgen cycle at the 14 day mark, begin an anti-estrogen immediately. Additionally, for those with access, low-dose (12.5-25mcgs) T3 may help prevent fat rebound. Although you should be careful with this, because T3 will probably cannibalize some muscle tissue in addition to preventing fat gain, given the unfavorable hormonal milieu.

Another option, which I think preferable from the standpoint of muscle preservation, is to continue the androgen(s) for a third or even fourth week (especially if you decide to use low-dose T3). You could then gradually raise calories to maintenance over the course of the next seven to fourteen days, and the continued use of androgens would significantly decrease the likelihood of serious fat rebound.

Additionally, if you begin post-cycle therapy (PCT) after week three or four, your metabolism has hopefully had some time to stabilize, allowing for an easier transition to PCT and again reducing the chance of fat gain. Whatever avenue you choose, keep using E/C or H.E.A.T Stack, along with LeptiGen and perhaps most importantly SesaThin. If you have Ab-Solved, I’d throw it into the mix as well.

So far as diet during this time is concerned, though it may feel impossible, try to ease back into maintenance intake over the course of a few days (this process can be more gradual if you decide to stay on androgens for another week or two). If you lose it and eat like shit once or twice, it’s understandable—but try to bring calories up by 200-300 or so per day, until you’ve returned to your maintenance levels.

Once there, I’d hold at that intake or a little above for a couple of weeks as your body becomes once more accustomed to normal calorie levels and you go through post-cycle therapy (PCT). One other option would be to reefed for twelve hours on the 15th day (but watch it, this could get out of hand very quickly), after which you begin the process of raising calories described above. But if you have the willpower, I’d skip the reefed.

Well, that’s the plan. If you can stick with it, it will certainly yield very impressive results that, provided the post-diet period is negotiated carefully, you can hold on to for quite some time.

Taken from: Mind and Muscle Magazine, Issue #19: May 13, 2004

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Damn good post Giantz

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I read that and instantly lost 13.8 lbs. of lean mass.

D*mn you!!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I read that and instantly lost 13.8 lbs. of lean mass.

D*mn you!!

~SC~
    What you don't like nothing but Tuna all day.

I'm not all fat lol. i'm very thin. My belly goes over my belt only when i'm sitting down and slouching. i'm 6'0 175.

Jdog55

I should try and post a pic but I don't have a digital camera. thanks for the diet info i'll try that.
    Last edited by jdog55; 12-06-2005 at 04:09 PM.

here is what happened. I fell off a ladder after i got shocked and fell limp to the ground and broke my hip. I was in the hospital for 4 weeks laying in bed and another 4 weeks not moving from my chair much and another 4 weeks being lazy because it still hurt. During that time i lost a lot of muscle and gained some fat. I want to get the fat off because i'm not used to it.

Jdog55

Austex is offline Member
    here is what happened. I fell off a ladder after i got shocked and fell limp to the ground and broke my hip. I was in the hospital for 4 weeks laying in bed and another 4 weeks not moving from my chair much and another 4 weeks being lazy because it still hurt. During that time i lost a lot of muscle and gained some fat. I want to get the fat off because i'm not used to it.

Jdog55
    Sorry bro, but I mentally visualized that and laughed. Sick, I know it...but somewhat funny.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Sorry bro, but I mentally visualized that and laughed. Sick, I know it...but somewhat funny.

sorry again bro, that is some funny shit were you putting up christmas lights ?

I'm a construction electrian.

Austex is offline Member
    I used to be in the electrical control line of work...de****g with anything from single phase primary to 3 phase, 460 volt. I have been hit with everything. Nothing scares me more than 1 phase, 115 Volt. However, I once got nailed with 460 on my right hand...I had a bag of FNQ-R (3 phase, time delay) fuses in my left hand. Every fuse crackled and popped like f'ing rice krispies.

Yeah, i'm going to be real careful for now on. I'm going to carry around two different voltage testers and use them both befoie I touch anything.

This was the first time I had ever been shocked. I should have let go and I actually could have but I was just looking at my arm in awe that I was getting shocked. Probably would have been a lot better if I was just putting in devices on the ground. It wasn't supposed to be hot. The forman said everything was off. ^^ if we ever work anything hot we wear body suits.

Jdog55

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    My right hand still twitches at the memories of changing bad water pumps in an old machine shop... LOL

i work at gnc and sometimes get to sleep when we arent very busy

Thread Information