Thread: Is it possible?

chest6 is offline Banned

Is it possible?

To lose weight and appear to gain fat in a caloric deficit? I swear I looked better at 250 than I do at 238 right now...I do cardio nearly every morning on an empty stomach. I don't seem to understand, my lovehandles appear to be getting bigger along with my lower stomach. The only thing I can come up with is that it is excess sodium in my diet causing bloat. I am thinking about taking out turkey from meal#2..since turkey is very high in sodium.

Sorry for all the bitching lately, I think it is more than me being paranoid, as I have looked at pictures of me at 250 and I appear thinner than I do in my pictures I took just now.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    LOL Chest welcome to dieting. Your mind will fvck with you big time. Its mainlydue ot youbeing flat and some what carb depleted. When you end you diet and carb up you will look much better.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I've seen you naked and you look fine. J/K

I thought I noticed that too.. I was busting my arse and felt like I was looking fatter but now a few weeks later it all caught up and I am noticing a huge difference.. I think it is water weight change (my opinion) but also your head messing with you.

maybe youre running at too high of an intensity and burning more muscle than fat? just a thought...

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I think you need a low fat, high pro high carb refeed day...

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I think you need a low fat, high pro high carb refeed day...

Yes, I agree. Watch to see how much you fill out. You'll be amazed.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    maybe youre running at too high of an intensity and burning more muscle than fat? just a thought...
    That would do it, yup.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    Lately Ive I have worked in the 75% MHR range. Before I would stay in the 68-70% but past 2 weeks or so I have bumped it up. Also..I agree I think on Friday Im gonna go for a huge carb day since it is leg day after all, and see how I feel. Can't wait for it Thanks guys..always keepin me on track.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    LOL Chest welcome to dieting. Your mind will fvck with you big time. Its mainlydue ot youbeing flat and some what carb depleted. When you end you diet and carb up you will look much better.
    i agree
    when i was dieting almost drove myself nuts......

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Lately Ive I have worked in the 75% MHR range. Before I would stay in the 68-70% but past 2 weeks or so I have bumped it up. Also..I agree I think on Friday Im gonna go for a huge carb day since it is leg day after all, and see how I feel. Can't wait for it Thanks guys..always keepin me on track.

75% mhr is too much bro...im cutting right now too and yeah mind is starting to get to me...get off that clen man if you are still on it (that 6 weeks of staying on it with the benadryl is a load of crap in my opinion cuz your body gets used to clen after a while i have heard of many success stories with the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off method)...stay in the 65%-70% range...yeah turkey has so much sodium though especially if its that packaged brand name sandwhich sliced stuff. and yeah have you been having your cheat meals once a week? your body will get used to the diet if you stay on it too long so you gotta throw it off like once a week. i hope this helps.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    75% mhr is too much bro...im cutting right now too and yeah mind is starting to get to me...get off that clen man if you are still on it (that 6 weeks of staying on it with the benadryl is a load of crap in my opinion cuz your body gets used to clen after a while i have heard of many success stories with the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off method)...stay in the 65%-70% range...yeah turkey has so much sodium though especially if its that packaged brand name sandwhich sliced stuff. and yeah have you been having your cheat meals once a week? your body will get used to the diet if you stay on it too long so you gotta throw it off like once a week. i hope this helps.
    damn man that helped a lot. I actually was going to have a cheat meal tmr and carb up on Friday...to throw my body off. I havent cheated hardly at all the entire time I've been cutting. Im starting to think the clen /benadryl is a load of crap. Clen stopped working for me mid week3 ish in my experience. I think Im gonna ramp it down and load up on taurine and hopefully I don't get a rebound effect. I'll bring down the cardio intensity and put cheat meals on the following Friday after my carb up this Friday.

Austex is offline Member
    When dieting down (cutting), most people will actually look worse, especially if cutting down from a higher bodyfat.

Before the carb depletion and higher sodium consumption, your body was looking "full" and "smooth". Once the dieting starts, sodium consumption is reduced and you lose that "full" look. It is at this point that you PHYSICALLY notice a leaner look. Then, as your fat stores are being metabolized, your physique begins to look "dis-proportional". IT IS AT THIS POINT THAT MOST PEOPLE WILL PANIC. In your mind (and in the mirror) you look worse! The most important thing to do here is keep your cool and do not drastically alter your diet or double up on thermogenics/diuretics thinking something isn't working. Keep your pace and soon after this stage, you will begin to notice the dedication has paid off.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    When dieting down (cutting), most people will actually look worse, especially if cutting down from a higher bodyfat.

Before the carb depletion and higher sodium consumption, your body was looking "full" and "smooth". Once the dieting starts, sodium consumption is reduced and you lose that "full" look. It is at this point that you PHYSICALLY notice a leaner look. Then, as your fat stores are being metabolized, your physique begins to look "dis-proportional". IT IS AT THIS POINT THAT MOST PEOPLE WILL PANIC. In your mind (and in the mirror) you look worse! The most important thing to do here is keep your cool and do not drastically alter your diet or double up on thermogenics/diuretics thinking something isn't working. Keep your pace and soon after this stage, you will begin to notice the dedication has paid off.
    woah exactly what im going through right now...feeling smaller and feeling unproportionate and man it sucks but gotta stick to it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex

thanks a lot great advice..i guess when i carb up or start bulking ill see the results

When dieting everything starts to shrink. From Cell size on down....So its only natural to look worse, don't let your mind play tricks on you, just keep at it. What BF% would you say you are at now, got any pics?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I would guess 13% or so, but I really have no way of knowing for sure. I have some on my cell phone but I need that cord to get them on here. I'll take some in a few weeks when I get home most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I would guess 13% or so, but I really have no way of knowing for sure. I have some on my cell phone but I need that cord to get them on here. I'll take some in a few weeks when I get home most likely.
    At 13% you are fairly lean, are you seeing the outline of your abs etc...

chest6 is offline Banned
    The top 2 are very clear. Middle 2 I can see the outline and some mornings I can see them. Bottom 2..thats a different story with all that fat covering them.

Let me ask you this then, has your weight loss stalled? Has strength gone down at all? Has hunger greatly increased?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Weight is still decreasing, but instead of 3lbs a week like previously, its around 2 or 1lb a week. I continue to lose weight, but I look the same, if not worse than the previous week. Strength shot down in chest, but that is because I am coming back from a partial pec tear, and Im not worried about that. Strength has come down overall, but I expected that. I think my cardio intensity was too high there for awhile. I am hungry a lot, but not nearly what it used to be like. As long as I eat every 2 hours, I am fine.

I would say that it could be some muscle as I see you were doing sprints etc... Perhaps you were not taking the proper dietary steps for this. Anyways I'd stick with Low Intensity cardio in the AM, as this is the least catabolic thing you can do and weights. And then I would have a full blown carb up day. Limit your fats, take in 4,000-5,000 cals or so, and make it primarily carbs. And see how you look when you fill out. However at this point I would expect weigh loss to slow a bit to perhaps 1lb or so a week anymore might be asking for trouble.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I only did one sprinting session and I ate 3/4 cup brown rice afterwards. Probably won't do that again. That sounds like a good idea, I planned on having a carb up day on Friday.

Thread Information