hawktribal is offline Senior Member

First Attempt at Diet, Help Greatly Appreciated

I'm on a cutting diet, trying to drop the body to ~10 or lower if I can. I've been researching forever to figure out what seems to work best and this is what I've come up with. Critique the hell out of it and be as brutally honest as possible. I'm still learning.

Stats: 5'10" 180 lbs. BF I would guess around 12-13%.. I'm reasonably cut, but I can't really see my abs.

Workouts
    Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back/biceps
    Weds - Off (Cardio)
    Thursday - Shoulders/Triceps
    Friday - Legs
    Sat - Off
    Sun - Off
    Morning Cardio (Tues/Thurs, Weds at 12:30)

Diet
    11:00 - 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup Oats
    246 Cal, 24g Protein, 27g Carbs

2:30 - 1 can Tuna/1 tablespoon Olive Oil
    395/ 32.5g/ 0g

4:00 - 5:15 Weights

5:25 - PWO Shake
    256 / 44g / 11g

6:30 - Lean Protein (chicken breast, butterfly chops, or tuna filet)
    2 cups Brocolli (60 cal / 4 pro / 8 carbs)
    3/4 cup Brown Rice (255 cal / 6g Pro / 51g Carbs)

8:30 - 1 can Tuna / 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

11:00 - Snack (nuts, possible shake, etc)

I know it needs a ton of work and I know I'm missing a lot, but if you all could give me some suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I've been on this diet for around 2 months and I've dropped to 180 from 190. Also if there is more information that I need to give please let me know. Also I know my schedule looks late, but I'm a college student and when you start class at 1:00 everyday it's not necessary to get up at 7 AM.

btw, sorry for the double post, if one of the mods could delete one of the threads that'd be great

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Done!

~sc~

Thanks SC - you're the man when it comes to diet, any input?

1) I would get up earlier, for the sake of taking advantage of a good eating pattern for both fat loss and growth. You don't have to get up crazy early, but you definitely do not want to be getting up that late. Cardio needs it's time, and I'd up the days to 5-7 myself, then again I am very well used to that.

2) You said your diet is "way off", but not as far as you think really. Utilize the dextrose pwo and try to pattern the meals you have after the 6 meals in the cutting sticky, and you are good to go. From there, it's about how accurate you were in your distribution of calories and what you decided upon as far as a figure for the total number of daily calories consumed.

From there you keep track of progress, and adjust your amounts as you progress, either up or down, depending upon the actual progression. Give all changes about 2-3 weeks to fully "set in" before you make any final determinations as to whether or not your current application is working or not. More often than not, we are too quick to judge our progress, and it's not true progress. It's us fidgeting and wanting to change things for the sake of feeling like we are doing something. The best thing to do is be consistent, and let the ride take it's course. Trying to hurry the ride will make it run out of gas, leaving the passenger (you), pissed to all hell.

Go get it!

~SCVX2K5~

thanks a ton man, i really appreciate it

Britguy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    1) I would get up earlier, for the sake of taking advantage of a good eating pattern for both fat loss and growth. You don't have to get up crazy early, but you definitely do not want to be getting up that late. Cardio needs it's time, and I'd up the days to 5-7 myself, then again I am very well used to that.

2) You said your diet is "way off", but not as far as you think really. Utilize the dextrose pwo and try to pattern the meals you have after the 6 meals in the cutting sticky, and you are good to go. From there, it's about how accurate you were in your distribution of calories and what you decided upon as far as a figure for the total number of daily calories consumed.

From there you keep track of progress, and adjust your amounts as you progress, either up or down, depending upon the actual progression. Give all changes about 2-3 weeks to fully "set in" before you make any final determinations as to whether or not your current application is working or not. More often than not, we are too quick to judge our progress, and it's not true progress. It's us fidgeting and wanting to change things for the sake of feeling like we are doing something. The best thing to do is be consistent, and let the ride take it's course. Trying to hurry the ride will make it run out of gas, leaving the passenger (you), pissed to all hell.

Go get it!

~SCVX2K5~
    thats wot us guys need, a good lengthy thought out explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Britguy
    thats wot us guys need, a good lengthy thought out explanation
    Yeah, yet you criticize me in another thread for "re-routing" people to the stickies atop the page.

Like I told you, you know nothing about protocol here.

~SC~

Thread Information