Beast_03 is offline Junior Member

2 dextrose shakes/day??

Hey guys im tryin to bulk up and im on the ectomorph side.. just wandering if any of u take 2 dextrose shakes a day? im thinkin of havin one before my workout (instead of just a protein shake) and then another PWO as usual. I know these are simple carbs and would make 90% of ppl fat but my appetite isnt that great... i eat about 6 meals a day, any more and id puke lol, although i have done 8 meals a day before but i felt like puking after every meal and was basically just forcefeeding myself.. wasnt nice.

My stats are 6'0 175lbs with maybe 8-10% bf not sure.

Im also taking in about 300g protein, 400+g carbs (thats with the 2 dextrose shakes) and fat... not sure maybe 100g (I don't really keep track of fats).

Any opinions would be appreciated, in the mean-time im gonna try it out and see how it goes. Thx.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Taking a dex shake before your workout is almost for sure gonna make you have a sugar crash during your workout, which is NOT good.

I know a few competors that workout in the morning and sip dex throughout their workout, but that's just because it's in the morning and their glycogen levels are depleted.

Have some brown rice or oatmeal an hour before and your workouts will be much better.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont see a high glycemic carb being beneficial at all, any other time other than pwo.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    why not just double up on the pwo shake

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I dont see a high glycemic carb being beneficial at all, any other time other than pwo.
    I don't see as beneficial even then

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11

not long ago i wouldve disagreed with that

but recently i am comming along to your way of thinking
    thanks to a thread a while back showing studies that low GI has the same effect PWO without as much chance of fat gain

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    really giantz u don't think we should take dex or what bro.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    really giantz u don't think we should take dex or what bro.
    This is something that I have argued in some old posts, I'm sure if you did some digging you could find my argument.

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    why not just double up on the pwo shake
    are u saying to take like 150-200g carbs PWO? instead of spliting this into some before and some after your workout? cuz i can do that, i dont have a problem with taking in 150g in one shake. Anyone else care to comment on this?

It seems all you guys are saying dex before a workout isn't a good idea and should be swapped for more complex carbs. I guess ill try and swap the dex shake for chicken and rice or something, although as i said before my appetite isnt great so this way will be harder but i guess it's more beneficial in the end anyway.

Thx.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    yea, i'm not a fan of dextrose anymore..i posted a study as well, showeed no benefit of using high gi carbs...and having dex/pro pre workout would be a huge mistake IMO, you'd probably get tired and lose concentration 15 mins into your workout

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    150g - 200g in one sitting would see fat gain for sure

i havent used dex pwo for about two years now and managed to put on 12 solid lbs of lean mass for competition....so i agree that its use is way overrated.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_03
    are u saying to take like 150-200g carbs PWO? instead of spliting this into some before and some after your workout? cuz i can do that, i dont have a problem with taking in 150g in one shake. Anyone else care to comment on this?

It seems all you guys are saying dex before a workout isn't a good idea and should be swapped for more complex carbs. I guess ill try and swap the dex shake for chicken and rice or something, although as i said before my appetite isnt great so this way will be harder but i guess it's more beneficial in the end anyway.

Thx.

just stick to the conventional ways of dieting, everybody has been where you're at bro..can't put on any lbm and don't have the appetite to eat anymore..but you gotta suck it up..just like a plateau in your bench you've hit one in your eating..get that one more meal in, then two more..

do you guys think it's worth taking though i don't care if it's over hyped cause it's cheap as can be but if it's worthless i don't want to be taking it. and sorry not trying to hijack your thread bro just curious my self on some of these dex issues.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya I read all the thread giantz I think I may start that pretty soon

do you guys think it's worth taking though i don't care if it's over hyped cause it's cheap as can be but if it's worthless i don't want to be taking it. and sorry not trying to hijack your thread bro just curious my self on some of these dex issues.
    i dont think it's worthless, but i also think that it's very overrated. would i have gained 15lbs instead of 12 if i used dex pwo, who knows....im not gonna think about it too much as most of us here think too much as it is. just go with what has been working for you and dont sweat the small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i dont think it's worthless, but i also think that it's very overrated. would i have gained 15lbs instead of 12 if i used dex pwo, who knows....im not gonna think about it too much as most of us here think too much as it is. just go with what has been working for you and dont sweat the small stuff.

so dex or carbs with protein pwo is all that matters one or the other is that correct.

so dex or carbs with protein pwo is all that matters one or the other is that correct.
    one or the other is fine.

Thread Information