Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Intake during training............

More and more I'm hearing about people taking a recovery/whey shake 15 mins. pre, a few sipps during, and a recovery shake post...........just wondering how your results have been for those using it pre and during......obviously its critical post.......what are you taking?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    100 grams dex . 60grams pro, 50% of it pre&during and the remaining 50% after....try it...ull like the results

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I drink water during the workout.

It's called a POST-workout shake for a reason.

I'm there to workout, not to eat.

To each his own, just find what works for you. Usually those who think this works better for them, are suffering from shitty/inadequate meals being eaten prior to the workout session. If that area is addressed, you shouldn't have to drink anything when you should be working.

~SC~

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

To each his own, just find what works for you. Usually those who think this works better for them, are suffering from shitty/inadequate meals being eaten prior to the workout session. If that area is addressed, you shouldn't have to drink anything when you should be working.

~SC~
    I used to do that when i bulking and eating a shit load of food...still saw better workouts from it...now my workouts are about 2 hrs of running calsthenics (sp? lol) and swimming....a pro+dex shake would do more harm than good.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    If you take anything at all during your workout, some BCAA's in your water would be the only thing I'd suggest.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i just drink water during worouts, i know a few dudes that use gatorade

I got a guy in the gym wo's diet is pretty solid.....fireman who competes 2x a year....he's got a cooler of grape juice and whey that he sips every know and then during his routine.......than has a meal 1-2 hours later....only reason I ask...also, in Bernardi's new bulking up book, he say's the ultimate protocol is 60gc/30gwhey 1/2 hr before, another 1/2hr into the w/o and another immidiately pw with a good p/c meal 2 hours later. Just a theory......

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    I got a guy in the gym wo's diet is pretty solid.....fireman who competes 2x a year....he's got a cooler of grape juice and whey that he sips every know and then during his routine.......than has a meal 1-2 hours later....only reason I ask...also, in Bernardi's new bulking up book, he say's the ultimate protocol is 60gc/30gwhey 1/2 hr before, another 1/2hr into the w/o and another immidiately pw with a good p/c meal 2 hours later. Just a theory......
    Just a theory......
    Exactly. So if you want to find out if its valid or not try it and compare it to what you were doing.

kman is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Exactly. So if you want to find out if its valid or not try it and compare it to what you were doing.
    Totally. Some will love it, others like me will have no part of it.

There is simply no need for myself personally.

~SC~

Born Threat is offline Associate Member

~SC~
    WORD.

so, the majority say good meal of carbs and pro 1-2 hours pre, followed by a shake of either Dext/Whey = #1 in SC's theory; fruit,yogurts,whey, skim or oats coming in 2nd........and then maybe beans and tuna a distant third.........only thing we really agree on is we need the carbs+protein immidiately and leave out all fats........

theres always that guy mixing up crazy protein shake concoctions (yeah...i know) in the locker room trying to talk to you from 2 feet away when hes stark naked. shut up, wait til you get home, and keep your wang to yourself, geezus

Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    . shut up, wait til you get home, and keep your wang to yourself, geezus

~SC~

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i dont eat a pre pro/carb before lifting i get real sleepy if i do that and bloated

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I honestly see no reason to do anything during lifting than sipping water, do you actually think drinking a shake during is going to take effect while you are still working out?

Just wondering, but i see people do it...to each their own..i will stick to PWO personally.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    This guy knows what he's talking about!

agreed........just a thought and I will pass on it the theory...to each his own.

I'll stick with my yams and lean beef 1-2 hours pre......you guys all have p/c meals pre and post?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I honestly see no reason to do anything during lifting than sipping water, do you actually think drinking a shake during is going to take effect while you are still working out?

Just wondering, but i see people do it...to each their own..i will stick to PWO personally.

Possibly, I could see drinking a BCAA or amino mix during training as beneficial as you have increased the blood flow and nutrient uptake of the muscles you are working, which to me is why a Pro/carb pre-workout should be just as critical in ones diet as Post Workout. You can actualy deliver nutrients during the exercise to promote better he****g.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Possibly, I could see drinking a BCAA or amino mix during training as beneficial as you have increased the blood flow and nutrient uptake of the muscles you are working, which to me is why a Pro/carb pre-workout should be just as critical in ones diet as Post Workout. You can actualy deliver nutrients during the exercise to promote better he****g.
    Good point.....Hey G - I think everyone would benefit from looking at you macros for your current daily diet, vs. bulk vs cut.....you have some good theories.

Good point.....Hey G - I think everyone would benefit from looking at you macros for your current daily diet, vs. bulk vs cut.....you have some good theories.
    My macro's pertain to me, so it probably wouldn't help anyone. As far as meal structure I have my carbs around my workouts and I keep protein high and take in my EFA's. Dieting (cutting/bulking) is not quite as complicated as you would like it to be Flex

Hey G - I think everyone would benefit from looking at you macros for your current daily diet, vs. bulk vs cut.

Too obvious bro...........too obvious.

~SC~

Thread Information