MichelM is offline New Member

Unhappy BodyOpus Ketonic Diet

Hi,
    I started the BodyOpus Ketonic diet last Sunday evening (06:00 pm).
    Now (Wednesday 11:30 am) I’m still not in Tetosis. My Glucometer (Accu-Check Advantage) readings stay around 80 – 95 mg/dl.
    I eat only ground beef, ground pork, eggs, bacon and chicken with mayonnaise. I eat/drink also whey protein with water.
    As supplement I take Chromium Picolinate, Vanadyl Sulfate, flaxseed oil, L-Carnitine, Garlic capsule & DHEA. I take also Glucophage 500.
    Does someone have experience with this diet? What do I do wrong…? Any advises are welcome.
    Michel.

alo5603 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelM
    Hi,
    I started the BodyOpus Ketonic diet last Sunday evening (06:00 pm).
    Now (Wednesday 11:30 am) I’m still not in Tetosis. My Glucometer (Accu-Check Advantage) readings stay around 80 – 95 mg/dl.
    I eat only ground beef, ground pork, eggs, bacon and chicken with mayonnaise. I eat/drink also whey protein with water.
    As supplement I take Chromium Picolinate, Vanadyl Sulfate, flaxseed oil, L-Carnitine, Garlic capsule & DHEA. I take also Glucophage 500.
    Does someone have experience with this diet? What do I do wrong…? Any advises are welcome.
    Michel.
    are you talking about a ketogenic type diet? If so, get some keto stix, you can get em from walgreens or any drug store. Follow the directions, you have to use your piss, and it will tell you if you have ketones in your urine, which would make you in a ketosis state.

alo

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    That meal plan sound like your on track for high cholesterol. lol. Yeah it's ketosis and the sticks turn color. I think you can measure it with a glucometer
    but Im not sure what level you should be at.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Ketosis will take a few days to get into at leat 3-4 so you should be getting close. Keto stix are your best bet, they sell them everywhere. Look at the diabetic section of a pharmacy.

alo5603 is offline Member
    If ya do plan to follow that sort of diet, mainly for extreme weight loss, (muscle and fat....), i would indeed get some keto stix. Try not to rely on just red meats, if you can, eat more white and occasional red if you get tired. You dont want your cholesterol going thru the roof, which so many "atkins dieters" did.

alo

Thread Information