EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

Please help with my future bulking diet

Sorry if this post turns out a little long, I just want to be thorough.

Ok first a little background: I'm 23 now, been lifting since I was 15 years old. I used to be in great shape, about 185 at probably 15% (well great by the average person's guidelines). I got sloppy and put on a lot of fat, and lost muscle...then afterwards I would go through cutting phases, get lean, but then when I would go back to bulking I would gain A LOT of fat back. I think my body is just an endo, so I can gain muscle, and or fat very very easily. Anyways for the past 3.5 months I've been cutting. I have gone from about 197 at about 25% to now being at 164 at 15%, and gained strenght and definition along the way (probably muscle memory). I still have about 8 more weeks to go, I want to get down to 10-12% and then do a VERY clean bulk. This is my main goal, I really don't want to go back to my old ways of putting on massive amounts of fat while bulking. What's worse is, at least for me, the fat always creeps up. I don't notice it until I see an earlier pic of myself and notice how much fat ive put on.

Okay so enough of that. I'm trying to plan a clean bulk that will allow me to put on quality muscle while absolutely minimizing fat gain. I mean if I'm at 10 or 12% I won't be outraged if I get to 14-15% after 3-4 months of bulking, but I just don't want to go back to being fat looking and undefined. This is the diet I am working on, bear in mind it's very perliminary but I still would like some input

Goals: 3600 Calories 450g protein/250 g carbs/ 90g fat (maybe less)

Meal 1:
    Egg whites
    Whey Protein
    Old fashioned oatmeal
    50g p/ 54g c ~416cals

Meal 2:
    Whole wheat bread
    4 slices turkey
    2 nonfat cheese
    String Cheese

45g protein/ 43g carbs/ 10g fat 460 cals

Meal 3:
    Chicken breast
    .5 cups brown rice
    Protein Bar

90g protein/ 32g carbs/ 18g fat 650cals

Meal 4:
    2 cans tuna
    Mayonaise
    Fish oil
    60g protein/ 2g carbs/ 16g fat 400 cals

Workout

Meal 5 PWO:

2 scoops whey
    80g dex

40g protein/ 80g carbs 480 cals

Meal 6:

Chicken Breast
    1.5 cups brown rice

50g protein. 70 g carbs/ 3g fat 507 cals

Meal 7:

ground beef/turkey/other lean meat
    2tbsp peanut butter
    Fish oil

50g protein/ 5g carbs/ 21g fat 410 cals

Meal 8: Before sleep

Whey protein
    Cottage Cheese
    Fish oil

50g protein/ 3g carbs/ 12g fat 471 cals

Totals: 3550 cals 435g protein/ 289g carbs/ 80g fat

How does this all look? I know there are some meals that I haven't separated pro/carbs from fat but is that such a bad thing? Also, I'll be increasing to 3500 gradually over 3-4 weeks, so as to avoid fat gain. And I'm also assuming that I might need to bump up the calories midway through, or later on. I'd really like some input and ideas from you experts about what I can add/replace or just change.

copenhagen is offline Member
    bro, imo your protein intake is a little high ( 2.65g per pound of bodyweight) you should be able to get results from 2.0g or lower, just don't go below 1.5. also i would up the carbs to 350g. (this would be 2.1g per pound of bodyweight)this will allow you to cut some of the fat out as well. i would cut out the protein bar in meal 3 and cut out the string cheese in meal 2. i would also go with natural peanut butter in meal 7. another suggestion would be to the last meal to 6oz of chicken and 1/2 cup of brown rice. i am not a diet expert but i have done a clean bulk and this set-up worked well for me. good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    bro, imo your protein intake is a little high ( 2.65g per pound of bodyweight) you should be able to get results from 2.0g or lower, just don't go below 1.5. also i would up the carbs to 350g. (this would be 2.1g per pound of bodyweight)this will allow you to cut some of the fat out as well. i would cut out the protein bar in meal 3 and cut out the string cheese in meal 2. i would also go with natural peanut butter in meal 7. another suggestion would be to the last meal to 6oz of chicken and 1/2 cup of brown rice. i am not a diet expert but i have done a clean bulk and this set-up worked well for me. good luck bro
    Thanks for the input, I'll take it into account. Can I ask what the benefit of switching to all natural pb is? Also about the last meal, I was aiming for slow absorbing protein so that my body doesn't go too catabolic during sleep, hence the cottage cheese. Why is this a bad idea?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    Thanks for the input, I'll take it into account. Can I ask what the benefit of switching to all natural pb is? Also about the last meal, I was aiming for slow absorbing protein so that my body doesn't go too catabolic during sleep, hence the cottage cheese. Why is this a bad idea?
    Natty Pb is made from peanuts and salt other PBs are made with sugar, hydrogenated oils and other ingredients. As for your last meal I think it is fine some cottage cheese is good. Some say the whey is bad b/c is gets absorbed too quickly but the fat should slow it down a bit. I like to use casein whey and cottage cheese for my bed time meal with some fish oil myself. Also I don't see any fruits and Veggies in there!!??!?!? You gotta have some in there I like to have an apple for breakfast since its a Pro/Carb meal and a banana for pre workout. throw in some veggies with your other meals like broccoli here and there and youll be set. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    Natty Pb is made from peanuts and salt other PBs are made with sugar, hydrogenated oils and other ingredients. As for your last meal I think it is fine some cottage cheese is good. Some say the whey is bad b/c is gets absorbed too quickly but the fat should slow it down a bit. I like to use casein whey and cottage cheese for my bed time meal with some fish oil myself. Also I don't see any fruits and Veggies in there!!??!?!? You gotta have some in there I like to have an apple for breakfast since its a Pro/Carb meal and a banana for pre workout. throw in some veggies with your other meals like broccoli here and there and youll be set. Good luck.
    Oh yea! Fruits and vegetables...it's easy to forget those. I used to use casein a few years ago but thought it tasted horrible. I used to get mine from proteinfactory, where do you get your's?

Oh yea! Fruits and vegetables...it's easy to forget those. I used to use casein a few years ago but thought it tasted horrible. I used to get mine from proteinfactory, where do you get your's?
    I use anabolic milk tastes good to me at least

Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I use anabolic milk tastes good to me at least
    Is that by optimum nutrition? Or is it that muscle milk stuff.

Is that by optimum nutrition? Or is it that muscle milk stuff.
    optimum

Thread Information