Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Hey SC or anyone beat a eating disorder...

Did you guys beat it on your own? I had a pretty long and dangerous case of anorexia......it took my mom and dad tellling me I looked like shit and was going to be in the hospital in a few weeks max if i didnt settle down (take ONE off day) and eat, eat! So, it was almost overnight.....Ive just been eating and eating...forget times, quantities.....sure I get 300g of protein and no junk foods, but if I'm hungry at 11pm, I'll have popcorn or peanut butter on toast.....whatever.....protein bars....fine.

I also think it's 10x easier to beat obesity vs. anorexia........you can take the food AWAY from someone (or drugs,alcohol,etc....) butyou cant take food away from an anorexic......I thought I was good to go, ate 6-7 meals, but my output was 100X higher than intake....just curious if you beat it on you own or did it take therapy?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    Did you guys beat it on your own? I had a pretty long and dangerous case of anorexia......it took my mom and dad tellling me I looked like shit and was going to be in the hospital in a few weeks max if i didnt settle down (take ONE off day) and eat, eat! So, it was almost overnight.....Ive just been eating and eating...forget times, quantities.....sure I get 300g of protein and no junk foods, but if I'm hungry at 11pm, I'll have popcorn or peanut butter on toast.....whatever.....protein bars....fine.

I also think it's 10x easier to beat obesity vs. anorexia........you can take the food AWAY from someone (or drugs,alcohol,etc....) butyou cant take food away from an anorexic......I thought I was good to go, ate 6-7 meals, but my output was 100X higher than intake....just curious if you beat it on you own or did it take therapy?
    this thread might get more attention in the AR lounge...p.s. i would bet that anorexia is 10x easier to beat than obesity...how do you beat anorexia? you eat. how do you beat obesity? you diet hard, you do lots of cardio, you work out hard, and then after all that when you have finally lost all your fat, you still gotta get surgery cuz you got so much loose skin around your stomach and triceps. which seems harder? this is my opinion but i feel very strong about it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Beating anorexia is harder because the mind-set of the person is to NOT eat. Simply saying "Just eat" as a "cure" to beat anorexia is absurd, as that sounds like a simple solution, but the entire disease is based on NOT EATING. Eating to beat it sounds simple, but it's not and that is why it's a disease in the first place.

I feels strongly about it, because I have been both anorexic (from age 17-22/23) and "heavy" during bulking and when I just got into weights and had no idea what I was doing. It's w/out a doubt easier to beat obesity, because you are unhappy w/yourself and you want to change and you KNOW you are fat. W/anorexia, you DON'T want to change and eat more, you want to continue to lose weight that is not there, and you only THINK you are fat.

I beat anorexia myself, yes, but only because I almost died. If it weren't for me passing out and hitting my head on a table while caring for 34 children at a YMCA after school program, I may not be here today.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Beating anorexia is harder because the mind-set of the person is to NOT eat. Simply saying "Just eat" as a "cure" to beat anorexia is absurd, as that sounds like a simple solution, but the entire disease is based on NOT EATING. Eating to beat it sounds simple, but it's not and that is why it's a disease in the first place.

I feels strongly about it, because I have been both anorexic (from age 17-22/23) and "heavy" during bulking and when I just got into weights and had no idea what I was doing. It's w/out a doubt easier to beat obesity, because you are unhappy w/yourself and you want to change and you KNOW you are fat. W/anorexia, you DON'T want to change and eat more, you want to continue to lose weight that is not there, and you only THINK you are fat.

I beat anorexia myself, yes, but only because I almost died. If it weren't for me passing out and hitting my head on a table while caring for 34 children at a YMCA after school program, I may not be here today.

~SC~

woah thats intense...yeah i guess that makes sense, its impossible for me to say which is harder because i havent gone through either one but remember that obesity is almost like a drug addiction as an obese person is literally addicted to foods that are bad for their health (aka mcdonalds) ...why does the fda worry about stupid crap like ephedra when there is mcdonalds?

The same reason they worry about gear and not cigarettes or alcohol.

Push items that ruin the health of people and kill them, and control the ones that can better human's lives and help them live longer/happier.

It's the American way.

~SC~

~SC~

hahaha, you watched kids at the YMCA before and after school program too? I did that same shit, it drove me ****ing nuts, but the day I left I actually did feel bad about leaving. The kids looked up to me b/ I was all jacked and shit, like Kindergarten cop or something, not some anorexic pussy. j/k

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    hahaha, you watched kids at the YMCA before and after school program too? I did that same shit, it drove me ****ing nuts, but the day I left I actually did feel bad about leaving. The kids looked up to me b/ I was all jacked and shit, like Kindergarten cop or something, not some anorexic pussy. j/k
    I know SC has a sense of humor better than mine.
    I work at YMCA to help kids out who need it. If you felt that way about kids, U should have never taken the job.
    Shows what kind of DA U are by making those comments.

U shouldn't kid about anorexic, or any other trials bros on here go thru. It may be you or someone close to you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    I know SC has a sense of humor better than mine.
    I work at YMCA to help kids out who need it. If you felt that way about kids, U should have never taken the job.
    Shows what kind of DA U are by making those comments.

U shouldn't kid about anorexic, or any other trials bros on here go thru. It may be you or someone close to you in the future.

Lighten up buddy, its called a joke

kaorialfred is offline Member
    well being as big and as black as I am. I find its hard to lighten up. That's why I read stuff here in the diet threads.

but then again that's my sense of humor or "as you say a joke."
    I know you meant it as a joke, but I have chosen to try and help and encourage kids who have eating disorders. So u need to understand where I am coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    well being as big and as black as I am. I find its hard to lighten up. That's why I read stuff here in the diet threads.

but then again that's my sense of humor or "as you say a joke."
    I know you meant it as a joke, but I have chosen to try and help and encourage kids who have eating disorders. So u need to understand where I am coming from.
    I didnt know the YMCA has that program now, interesting

I loved the kids, it was great being a mentor.

They really look up to you, as most of the ones I took care of had no father figure in their life.

~SC~

I Still Volunteer There And Am A Big Brother/big Sis Rep....no Better Feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    I Still Volunteer There And Am A Big Brother/big Sis Rep....no Better Feeling
    your a big brother and a big sister?

eport is offline Associate Member

~SC~
    D@mn SC i would have never guessed you had an anorexic eating disorder by looking at you today. i bet your grocery bill now is outrageous just to keep your size

chest6 is offline Banned
    Damn this is a sad thread. Swole how old were you when you first got into bb?

I want to know how you beat it bro......did you just wake up one day and start doubleing calories?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Damn this is a sad thread. Swole how old were you when you first got into bb?
    When I popped my planteris tendon in my left foot/calf playing hoops.

I was 25.

~SC~

thanks for putting up with me shit....

Thread Information