FotherMucker is offline New Member

Weight Loss Advice (Long Story Ahead)

Hi,

I need some advice on weight loss. Let me start by giving a little background information about myself. I used to be a skinny kid, at around the age of 8 I got a tonsilitis operation and due to some weird side effect I started gaining weight. By the time I was 12 I weighed around 90 kilos, I wasn't eating that much mind you but the weight increased, by 15 my weight was 110 kilos and my height was only 5'8. So you must imagine what I looked like.

At 16 I went for my higher education and lived in a flat for 1 years and ate once every 3 days, within a year I came down to 65 kilos. After that I have been on binges, plus or minus 10 kilos. The only way I lost weight was by totally giving up on food which wasn't healthy.

I decided to do something and last month I joined a gym to lose weight healthily while gaining muscle mass as well, I seemed to have gained a bit of muscle, specially on the hands but my chest is still a bit flabby.

The thing is I work nights so I cannot follow the diets here, I wake up at around 1 pm and hit the gym. Have whey protien after I finish then eat just once around midnight. I LOVE drinking and used to drink every day but now I've cut it down to Thursdays only (which is a weekend here). I also take diazepam from time to time.

Right now I weight 83 kilos and I still am 5'8" tall. My target weight is 70 kilos. I have ben taking fat burners (pills and syrup) and clenbeutrol) twice a day. Once before workout and once before my midnight dinner.

The thing is I don't see any results on my abdomen area (my waist is 34 inches) and my chest area isnt hardening.

Given my history and current work scheduele can someone please tailor me a diet and work out plan according to it. Any other pointers would be much appreciated also.

Thanks in advance.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Well first off, good job on realizing what your goals are and taking steps towards them. Now a few things about what you said. First, don't jump into taking supplements without first getting your diet down. To do this read all the posts you can on this site, including the stickys. Just improvise, if you wake up late, all that means is your meal times will be shifted, you can still eat a proper 6 meals a day.

Second, don't try to gain muscle while losing fat, it just won't happen. You might see a little newbie gains, or muscle memory comming back but that's it. Concentrate on fat loss. Also, ur on the right track with hitting the weights, but you also need to do cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach for 30-60 minutes 4+ days a week (or whatever you prefer).

Finally, the drinking. I love to drink too, but it's bad while cutting. You should really try to minimize that as much as possible. I keep mine to once every two weeks maximum, and even then I only drink hard alcohol, no beer.

Sorry for not putting a specific diet up, but that's something you should research and taylor fit to your own needs, that way you'll be much more likely to stick to it. And THIS is the most important thing, you have to stick to this. Not for a month, not for two, but for as long as it takes. Good luck.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with edman. Get diet and cardio in check. It takes time to get that fat around the belly to come off. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    Well first off, good job on realizing what your goals are and taking steps towards them. Now a few things about what you said. First, don't jump into taking supplements without first getting your diet down. To do this read all the posts you can on this site, including the stickys. Just improvise, if you wake up late, all that means is your meal times will be shifted, you can still eat a proper 6 meals a day.

Second, don't try to gain muscle while losing fat, it just won't happen. You might see a little newbie gains, or muscle memory comming back but that's it. Concentrate on fat loss. Also, ur on the right track with hitting the weights, but you also need to do cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach for 30-60 minutes 4+ days a week (or whatever you prefer).

Finally, the drinking. I love to drink too, but it's bad while cutting. You should really try to minimize that as much as possible. I keep mine to once every two weeks maximum, and even then I only drink hard alcohol, no beer.

Sorry for not putting a specific diet up, but that's something you should research and taylor fit to your own needs, that way you'll be much more likely to stick to it. And THIS is the most important thing, you have to stick to this. Not for a month, not for two, but for as long as it takes. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, I do not drink beer only vodka, neat or with water, but doesn't that make you drink more rather than with diluted with coke or something. Btw I havent had any "soft drinks" or such in years, neither the diet version either.

One more thing I wanted to know the effect of diazepam (aka valium) on this whole process.

On weight loss, I am in the gym for about 2 and half hours, I do 30 minutes cycling followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill and then around 40 minutes of cardio. Afterwhich I lift weights just so that some muscle starts building, so that by the time I have reached my ideal weight I would have somewhat developed muscles. Is that logic right?

btw about the cardio i do it on an empty stomach for 40 minutes, 6 days a week since I hit the gym as soon as I wake up.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FotherMucker
    Thanks for the reply, I do not drink beer only vodka, neat or with water, but doesn't that make you drink more rather than with diluted with coke or something. Btw I havent had any "soft drinks" or such in years, neither the diet version either.

One more thing I wanted to know the effect of diazepam (aka valium) on this whole process.

On weight loss, I am in the gym for about 2 and half hours, I do 30 minutes cycling followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill and then around 40 minutes of cardio. Afterwhich I lift weights just so that some muscle starts building, so that by the time I have reached my ideal weight I would have somewhat developed muscles. Is that logic right?
    I wrote this nice long post, but my computer crashed so here's attempt #2.

About the valium, I really have no idea, maybe someone else can help you with that. About the alcohol, if you want to mix it with soda, use diet sodas to avoid sugars.

Now to the cardio, that seems like an excessive amount. You're doing 100 minutes if I'm understanding right? You want to do 30-60 minutes at 40-75% max heart rate. Also, you shouldn't lift after cardio, you are completely depleted at that point. You are sending your body into a catabolic state which equals muscle loss. Try to split your gym time in two, once in the am for cardio and again at night for weights. If you can't do this, maybe consider alternating days. Hope this helps.

valium is a sedative a kind of tranquilizer or anti-depressant which relaxes the body. will it affect my muscle growth? i,e: relax them and not let them increase to their maximum potential?

Thread Information