Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

3,000+ calories.....

Damn, never thought it would be so friggn hard. I did the calcualtions to a tee and it came to about 3,900 to bulk clean. Have a very hard time believing that since my cardio is now just stationary bike for 40 mins 3x a week and training is 5x a week....job is in an office, so i sit all day. Plus, I'm about 6'2, 175 and 8-9%. So, I was going to start at 3,000 but it's rough. This week especially, since I've been off on vaction. Training daily, but only getting in a few meals. For example, I rode this am, had breakfast, and lunch at noon. I'll go train at 2pm, have a shake and then a meal.......then maybe some wine and have a night shake, but the cals have to be on the low end....tips or tricks? If you feel yourself falling short, is it kosher to add in the excess carbs late night or bad idea?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    Damn, never thought it would be so friggn hard. I did the calcualtions to a tee and it came to about 3,900 to bulk clean. Have a very hard time believing that since my cardio is now just stationary bike for 40 mins 3x a week and training is 5x a week....job is in an office, so i sit all day. Plus, I'm about 6'2, 175 and 8-9%. So, I was going to start at 3,000 but it's rough. This week especially, since I've been off on vaction. Training daily, but only getting in a few meals. For example, I rode this am, had breakfast, and lunch at noon. I'll go train at 2pm, have a shake and then a meal.......then maybe some wine and have a night shake, but the cals have to be on the low end....tips or tricks? If you feel yourself falling short, is it kosher to add in the excess carbs late night or bad idea?

It all boils down to dedication, do you want it or don't you. If you do you will find time to eat and will make room for meals.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    It all boils down to dedication, do you want it or don't you. If you do you will find time to eat and will make room for meals.
    damn right, remember Flex it's like I said it's what makes us diffrent from the ones who eat 3 meals a day and think theyll get huge

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    gotta eat brother get a cooler and pack them meals

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Im home....not the problem, but cardio and training, waking up a little later, etc, I eat every 3 hours, but it's still 4 meals and a shake......9,12,3,5:30 and a shake..........

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    We all do it.

i do it evreyday its nothing new sometimes its a bitch but like i said pack ur food

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's an old school habit to me.

No tips or tricks, you either have it or you don't.

~SC~

hey dude i sit in an office all day too. here are some quick and easy 500-700 cal meals with good carbs and protein, some i eat anyway. all i need is a microwave

carbs(total minus fiber minus sugar)/protein/fat - total calories

1 cup oatmeal, 3 cups skim milk (yeah you can go the milk route or not, i do)
    55/37/7 - 570
    thats w/o whey for the morning cuz you dont need much pro in morning

1 can blackeye peas, 3 cups skim milk
    55/44/0 - 620
    add whey or chicken or tuna w/o mayo or sub it in for milk

1 pouch microwave rice, 3 cups milk
    83/37/8 - 710
    whey, chcken, tuna instead of milk, or with it like me

i know you said clean bulk and milk doesnt give some people as clean a bulk as they want but im an ecto bigger than hell so i drink lots of milk. also, these are easy office meals.

Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    hey dude i sit in an office all day too. here are some quick and easy 500-700 cal meals with good carbs and protein, some i eat anyway. all i need is a microwave

55/37/7 - 570
    55/44/0 - 620

83/37/8 - 710

i know you said clean bulk and milk doesnt give some people as clean a bulk as they want but im an ecto bigger than hell so i drink lots of milk. also, these are easy office meals.

i dont know who told u that u dont need protein in the morning but there wrong you have been fasting for about 8 hours what are your muscles eating ?????????????? they need protein when you rise bruh, BTW you meal are horrible

i did say you dont need much. never said you dont need it. i just wouldnt wake up and slam a protein shake or eat a chicken breast. right when you wake up you need good carbs more than anything else. maybe some eggs but theyre hardly worth the trouble. anyway its a matter of opinion, ive read posts going both ways. if youre really picky, dont read that line

ok now that i go back and read everything ive realized that steveo is the smartest man alive. he has brought up some very helpful points to the guy asking questions, such as "pack that lunch" and things like "you gotta pack your cooler, bruh." im sorry if i mislead anyone into thinking i know what im talking about. my apologies

Austex is offline Member

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    actaully whey is superior in the morning cuz its easy digestion and fast absorbtion rate. i take whey and even some hi gi carbs first thing to shut down that midnite catabolism.then an hour later i have an omelet and good carbs. i treat morning almost like post workout.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    oh, flex2winny, i would change from every 3 hours to every 2 hours. youl get more meals in that way

never claimed to be the smartest man alive like you said its a matter of opinion and i beleive that you need a good amount of protein in the morning afte fasting i want my muscles to have some protein in there OK !! and has for helping Flex2winny he was just asking what others due to get all there cals down and packing a meal that meets your caloric needs is much better than haveing a pouch of rice with 3 cups milk that is one of the worst combos i have herd of

well after you add some meat or whey to that whats missing? ill admit there isnt much body to it but its got the cals

i duuno, i dont know anything remember??

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    3000???? i wish i only hadda get 3000, 4100 gives me alittle bit of trouble

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i duuno, i dont know anything remember??

Good one bruh!

~SC~

gotta go have my rice and milk i'll be back later guys,

Thanks SC

Austex is offline Member
    hahaha

mmm... Rice milk from the cheap (authentic) Mexican restaurants. What's it called...Horchata!?

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm confused now, so I don't need protein in the morning, and eggs are not worth the trouble. SteveO help!!!!!

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET

55/37/7 - 570

55/44/0 - 620

83/37/8 - 710

I agree, these are horrible meals. I guess they are better than Micky D's but how do you expect to grow off of that? Deff. not a bulking diet. Hope you have more to eat during the course of the day than that. Also, in your macro breakdown you failed to list the sugar/carbs in the milk. So add in another 36grams of sugar to each snack. Not dogging on you either but you bust Stevo's balls and he was just trying to help. He's a bit nicer than I.

BD

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    I'm confused now, so I don't need protein in the morning, and eggs are not worth the trouble. SteveO help!!!!!
    Don't get me started on these two comments.

Quote Originally Posted by kman

Yes you need protein in the morning, its staple bro its a must , you gotta taje down some protein in the morning, no matter what, i myself have 10-12 egg whites with oats, if im running late i have tuna and oats gross i know but gotta get that protein in there bruh, another good breakfast

EX:

1 scoop whey/6 eggwhites/oats

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I agree, these are horrible meals. I guess they are better than Micky D's but how do you expect to grow off of that? Deff. not a bulking diet. Hope you have more to eat during the course of the day than that. Also, in your macro breakdown you failed to list the sugar/carbs in the milk. So add in another 36grams of sugar to each snack. Not dogging on you either but you bust Stevo's balls and he was just trying to help. He's a bit nicer than I.

BD
    ok im confused now. i dont understand what is wrong with rice, beans, and oats as a daily carb source. some people dont do milk, some ectos like me do milk very well so i drink a lot. yeah theres sugar, **** it i can cut without breaking a sweat. throw in some whey, chicken, or tuna and thats a perfect carb/pro meal with at least 700 cals. if you think i meant those three meals for the whole day then you are a complete moron, read what i wrote. i was giving the guy examples of easy meals to take to the office. i eat meals like this about 7 times a day, so these "snacks" add up to about 5000 cals, hoss. and the protein in the morning thing is preference.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes you need protein in the morning, its staple bro its a must , you gotta taje down some protein in the morning, no matter what, i myself have 10-12 egg whites with oats, if im running late i have tuna and oats gross i know but gotta get that protein in there bruh, another good breakfast

EX:

1 scoop whey/6 eggwhites/oats
    I was joking, but thanks anyway bro..

protein in the morning WTF no way is this a new idea?????? O god this changes evrything now !!!!!

cmon austex, wheres your smartass comment?

Austex is offline Member
    I'm gonna sit this one out...I've got a gallon of Horchata to finish. Soo TASTY!

Austex is offline Member
    Today, shit hit the fan and I dealt with a TON of drama. I log in this afternoon and see the "Suspended" tag underneath Flex2's name. I am so happy now. I think I may just go train again tonight! Or maybe celebrate with some ice cream and a cookie.

whys he suspended?

Austex is offline Member
    Probably for asking the same, monotonous questions for the past 3 months and refusing to accept the advice of educated minds.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I suggest you make up your mind if you wanna do this or not, its that simple really.

I have packed a cooler of food for the last year and a half no matter where i was, work..school..hell i packed one yesterday on my day off so i would have it while i went to my girlfriends house.

You gotta eat bottom line, it is second nature to me these days. I always like peoples reaction when they see you carrying the same cooler packed full of Tuna & Steak everyday when you start a new job...

I wake up...do my AM cardio..have my first meal pro shake/oats before leaving for work and bring 3 pro/fat meals in my cooler which i eat while at work.

After work i hit the weights to which i already have my bag with my PWO mixed in a zip lock bag along with my workout clothes.

Trust me, its not hard but does take time and dedication.

Just ask yourself "How bad do i really want it?"

cmon austex, wheres your smartass comment?

why is he picking on you austex ????

Austex is offline Member
    why is he picking on you austex ????
    I didn't realize I was being picked on. Can't a man drink his horchata in peace!? I added vodka so it doesn't just taste like dirty, milky water.

hahahahaahahahha, eh not going out tonight ??? to F'n cold for me bro plus i got morning cardio

Austex is offline Member
    Nah. I stop going out during the bulking season. My boys are out having a blast though. I'm more of a party-pooper if I'm not in the mood. I bitch about being late for my last pro / fat meal or late for bed, etc. Actually, just the opposite...I get completely obliterated and hate my life for 2 days afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Nah. I stop going out during the bulking season. My boys are out having a blast though. I'm more of a party-pooper if I'm not in the mood. I bitch about being late for my last pro / fat meal or late for bed, etc. Actually, just the opposite...I get completely obliterated and hate my life for 2 days afterwards.

yeah i hear bruh im the same way, i hate being late on my last meal of the day, plus it cost to damn much just not worth it for one of my bar tabs i could buy a 5lb jug of whey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information