LILG is offline Junior Member

want to cut fat not weight

i want to cut fat while tryin to keep the same weight & trying to drop the body too. after doin lil research this is what I've come up with.Im still learning so critique it plzz

Stats: 6'1-6'2 210 lbs.
    Breakdown of my Meals wit weight training is
    Diet

8:00-10:a.m- 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup Oats
    290Cal, 28g Protein, 50g Carbs

11:00-2:00 weight training

2:15-2:30 PWO Shake
    270 cal,60g protein,20g carbs

2:30-3:00 PWO Meal
    Chicken with veggies or brwon bread

5:00-6:00 pm
    2cups oats
    290Cal, 8g Protein, 54g Carbs

8:00-9:00pm
    Tuna with salad or bread or jus tuna
    140cal,30g protein,

10:00
    Protein shake
    240Cal, 50g Protein,

10:30pm
    chicken with salad
    Beside it i eat some snacks like nuts,raisins and drink coffe and juice....

I do cardio every other day i.e 3 times a week for 40+ min in the morning around 11.What shud be the MHR while doin Cardio so that u dont burn muscles then fat...is it shud be around 75%?

I've been on this diet for around 3 weeksand I've gain around 6pounds.As my thread says i want to cut fat not weight or muscle so dunno the pounds i gain is store as fat or wat.i dont want to be like lean lean or all fatty...as i think it store in area around love handles or that last part of stomach where its hard to remove. Also if there is more information that I need to give please let me know. Guys plzzz fill me in, be brutal,mean jus critisize it

peterj is offline Junior Member
    so in effect you are looking to add LBM and reduce body fat?
    a hard act for most

there seems to be a lack of O3 fat in the diet
    the 5pm meal lacks protein
    you train for 3 hours from 11-2pm?
    the pre work out meal seems far to early in relation to training

a few short ones

sorry my bad not 3 hr its 11:00-1:00 including the time of goin to gym and stuff like that..thats like half an hr so i train for about 1 and half hr...the reason for pre workoutmeal and 5 pm meal is that i have skool after workout so hard to eat alot in morning and after skool which is around 5-6

copenhagen is offline Member
    agreed.

definately a lack of efa's in the diet. also PWO shake needs to have atleast 50g of carbs, probably upwards of 70-80. thats one of the most important meals if your on a cutting diet. also the PWO meal should be moved to an hour and a half after the protein/carb drink. cut the bread and just do some tuna and light mayo in meal 8:00- 9:00. also i calculated the calories and estimated for meals 3 and 7 and your sitting at 1490cals. with 40+ minutes of cardio i am a little surprised that you have put on 6pounds.

i definately do that Copenhagen...but yea i put on Lbs so easily maybe cos of the metabolism,but then again as i was told 5lbs is the water weight..right? as i post before wat shud be the MHR whlile doin Cardio, so that u know u burning fat and not muscles

Guys any more comments or suggestions beside copenhagen's? i believe you always learn more by asking others so i just want to know and learn and thus improve...fill me in

Zapp is offline Banned
    Don't see how that will be possible bro. If you lose a significant amount of bf, you're gonna lose weight. No way around it. You can't build muscle fast enough to replace it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I really dont think that is possible unless you are a beginner.

And school isnt an excuse to not eat. Are you in hs or college?
    Last edited by chest6; 12-07-2005 at 09:14 PM.

V5RED is offline Associate Member
    if he loses about a pound a month he can pull it off

or he can just bulk up then cut the fat since cutting fat is the easy part

i know skool is no excuse, im in college ...but the thing is i have like long hours at skool(from 9-4) and then from 6-9. so in between i adjust my training and eating schedule. so i shud first bluk up and then try to cut the fat?
    Zapp says "If you lose a significant amount of bf, you're gonna lose weight. No way around it. You can't build muscle fast enough to replace it"
    what that exactly mean
    and can any1 post a formula for MHR for the cardio
    or doin cardio 3 times a week 45 min/day is bad or i jus leave it aside?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LILG
    i know skool is no excuse, im in college ...but the thing is i have like long hours at skool(from 9-4) and then from 6-9. so in between i adjust my training and eating schedule. so i shud first bluk up and then try to cut the fat?
    Zapp says "If you lose a significant amount of bf, you're gonna lose weight. No way around it. You can't build muscle fast enough to replace it"
    what that exactly mean
    and can any1 post a formula for MHR for the cardio
    or doin cardio 3 times a week 45 min/day is bad or i jus leave it aside?
    He means that there is no way to gain muscle at the same rate as you drop fat(that would be needed to maintain weight). if you are on a good fat loss diet that is.

bring solid food to college and eat betwen lectures/classes. Thats what I do when Im cutting. Make the meals small so it only takes 5 minutes to eat them.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Good advice posted by Copenhagen.

I'm confused why one meal contains 8 grams of protein and another meal contains 60 grams of protein. I'd try spreading your protein out more evenly. Conbining and avoiding certain macros are just as important.

Good Meals:

protein + fat meals
    protein + carb meals

Bad Meals:

protein only
    fat only
    carbs only
    fat + carbs (worst case scenario)

As mention by Copenhagen that there is lack of EFa's in diet, so how can i bring that up?
    and i read before that You need Fat to burn Fat? what kinda fat is that and from wat meals i can get that
    as outline by UsualSuspect according to my diet what is my good and bad meals and how can i overcome....even brief small tips will help

1bmf is offline Junior Member
    To bring your EFA's up add flax seed oil to your diet. IMO that is the best and most effective source of EFA's. That also falls into your other question, EFA's are the good fat that will help you lose the bad fat. Take a few tablespoons of flax seed oil daily.

Austex is offline Member
    Stickies should be a mandatory reading before ANYONE can post.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i dont see how 1/2 cup oats will get u 5o g carbs ???? in ur meal 1

Thread Information