Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Uh oh...NEW BARS and FLAVORS

Stopped in GNC last night (gc week) + my bro. works part-time there while finishing up his residency (so he can pretty much study and get free supps)...anyways, appears DETOUR has a new 100% oatmeal ingredient bar out, and a new whie chocholate bar....30,30, and 9-10g of fat, 4-5 satur. 330 cals. Ingredients posted are pretty decent, whe, oats, etc...until you get farther down the list.

Also, I bet I was there for 20 minutes and saw the sale of at least 5-6 jugs of Muscle milk Mocha Java.....dude are swering by this shit pw and before bed......all looked pretty lean and jacked to me, very bizzarre.

Finally, there is a new ISS Oh yeah bar? Women are ravvvvving over it, dont know much abou it other than it tastes damn good. I've never used any of these products, but know dudes that have....hell, my brother used to wake up at midnight and eat a myoplex carb sense cookies and creame bar (EVERY NIGHT) up until 4 weeks out......he said he had to in order to be sane eating boiled chx and green beans 8 times a day......maybe that's why he got 2nd instead of 1st.....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Even if bars ever had the ratio of macros I need for a meal (which they never do, it's impossible), and they weren't crappy, I still wouldn't buy them.

Too expensive.........I'd rather have real food anyhow.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    But what if they came loaded with D-Bol, surely then you would have a bar?

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Even if bars ever had the ratio of macros I need for a meal (which they never do, it's impossible), and they weren't crappy, I still wouldn't buy them.

Too expensive.........I'd rather have real food anyhow.

~SC~
    Hey swole, have you ever tried making your own protein bars?

Nope........

D-Bol would make me look like Finding Nemo.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    Hey swole, have you ever tried making your own protein bars?
    Simply don't have time.

~SC~

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    I think it's important to remember that bars are a "supplement". We should not be using them as a meal replacement. However if you're in a jam and have not planned your lunch for example, an oh year bar with an apple will provide good protein, essential fats, fiber and some carbs for fuel. It's not perfect but it's better than fast food any day.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    like SC said...Id rather have real food....but if the ingredients are good and most probably wont cause a medium-high slin spike...then i wouldnt mind having them like a cheat or smth....deff better than those damn yummy mouth watering choclate bars

Quote Originally Posted by dumbells101
    I think it's important to remember that bars are a "supplement". We should not be using them as a meal replacement. However if you're in a jam and have not planned your lunch for example, an oh year bar with an apple will provide good protein, essential fats, fiber and some carbs for fuel. It's not perfect but it's better than fast food any day.
    Yeah I'd agree w/that!

~SC~

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Hell, if I'm cheating, it won't be with these protein bars...lol....actually yhe Detor are quit good.....I;m having one a day minimum on top of my meals for added cals......Break some pieces of your Myoplex bars off and put them in your morning pancakes!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i hate protein bars like a brick in my gut if i whant something that taste like a candy bar then i'll get a candy bar

Austex is offline Member
    The new Detour Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip tastes good...but I will only eat one if I absolutely have to.

eport is offline Associate Member
    i like the detour but my fav is actually the lean body bars have you tried any of those. i use too eat the detours but i seen randy orton eating a lean body bar at the gym one day (we went to the same high school) and tried one they are much better and less sugar in them too

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i have trioplex bars when i go boarding and they are pretty good...but im stopped up for a couple days after that. doh!

Thread Information