is cheating only to keep you from going insane?

it seems like everyone says cheating is to keep yourself sane and to give yourself a break. and i know there are posts saying stuff about homeostasis, whatever dude. so what if someone did a good bulk without a cheat meal once a week? yeah i said it, no cheat meal. seriously whats one meal a week? its only once a week, why not stay on your diet? i refuse to believe that a cheat meal does any good other than the mental aspect. if youre willing to boil 9 eggs a day and peel them bitches EVERY DAY, how do you get so lazy all of a sudden to go but a supersized #3?

Austex is offline Member
    It's all a mind game. The stronger ones will prevail. I didn't know there was such a thing as a cheat meal when bulking!? It's all for growth, just a matter of how much "extra" weight you're willing to put on.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont think its for mental sanity. Im cutting, and I did it to try to jumpstart my metabolism, I seemed to be hitting a wall, and I do think it helped quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    It's all a mind game. The stronger ones will prevail. I didn't know there was such a thing as a cheat meal when bulking!? It's all for growth, just a matter of how much "extra" weight you're willing to put on.
    oh ok maybe when guys talk about cheat meals theyre not bulking, i always thought they were. the sticky at the top on bulking mentions a cheat DAY when bulking. i wouldnt think a meal would matter much either way but a whole day of sh!t food every week might throw a wrench into the machine, which may be good in the long run as far as (say it with me now) keeping your body guessing.

Austex is offline Member
    Yeah, when cutting...a cheat meal/day (whichever you choose) is normal. If you can take an entire day to eat whatever you like and still get the results YOU are looking for, go for it. Xtinaunasty mentioned in another post that she has "a couple cheat meals throughout the week". I personally do this as well. I may go for a couple days before I cheat, I may go for several weeks. If you can diet and maintain a positive mentality, (for best results) cheat meals are not necessary in my opinion. I've dieted for 8 weeks before and not had a cheat meal...I was fine. I've also dieted for 6 weeks (with no cheats) and hit a plateau, because I mentally could not take it anymore.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    for me its purely to stay sane. When I cut I NEED the cheatday. Its the only thing I think about during the weekdays. I plan it, look forward to it. Every week of dieting is a struggle to get to the cheat day, reload and go for another week. Without the cheat day I wouldnt last a month.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    im not big into cheating because i find that a cheat meal can easily turn into a day of binge eating and totally negate my progress. No matter how much planning i do, i always seem to go overboard.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Getting ready to have a cheat meal in a few hours....

While bulking, it does'nt matter IMO but you gotta remember just because you are bulking does'nt mean you should cheat all the time ut an extra meal or two might not hurt that much...depends on the person.

Thread Information