RobbyVT is offline New Member

Smile Need to lose 50lbs PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello All!
    I am trying to lose 50lbs which is the remainder of my 103lbs goal. I had lost 85 at one point but gained back 20. I am ready to finish this off. When I lost the 85lbs, I was doing weight watchers, ephedra stacks, and exercise.... I still have some ehphedra and I don't abuse it and would like to use it. I don't want to bulk up muscle I want to be lean and toned. I can always add more muscle later... How should I go about this?

I love cardio and can do it for atleast an hour on the cross-trainer or stair climber. I recently have began to run.. I am up to one mile which I can do in about 8-12 mins...

From reading on here.. I should do cardio in the morning atleast 5 times a week for what duration an hour? I don't mind doing light nautilus machines but I don't want to get into that too heavy.

I thank you all for your help! I hope I can reach this goal as quickly as possible..... Thanks!!! I will check back here or you can email me at [email protected] I am starting cardio tonight for an hour.. I look forward to your responses. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Rob

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    we would need a diet to take a look at and critique. Check the cutting sticky and try to put togheter a diet and then post it up.

You got the morning cardio right

lots of props for losing that much

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    First off, congrats on the weight loss. From what I know I would do cardio like you said, in the morning before breakfast 5-6 times a week.

You need to monitor your heartrate and after your warm up and stretches which you may or may not do you have to gradualy build up your heart rate to what i call the "arobic zone" and then on into "weight loss zone"

Now these zones are determined by weight and height. Anyway once you reach the required zone you need to keep it there for 20 minutes and that is when weight loss is most effective.

I hope this helps but any good gym will help you and advise.

That is one of my issues at this point. I live on my own and I don't have a lot of money to pour into a diet... I need to come up with a few meal plans and just recycle those. Here is a sample of what I have. I know you all will help me to perfect it.

Breakfast:
    2 hard boiled eggs
    8oz Fat Free Milk
    1 Banana

Lunch:
    Same as breakfast

Dinner:
    Chicken Breast
    1/2 Cup cottage Cheese
    Vegetable (unfortunatly canned)

I don't mind eating the same thing everyday for a couple of weeks to get me into a routine. I don't have a lot of time to site a make meal plans and then have to cook it all. Being single I don't want to have a lot of wasted food.

So add what you think would help me round this out. I will of course be using the ephedra stack but those are the only drugs... Thanks again!

I know I am going to have comments about that meal plan.... lolololol Please help! :-)

Oh my stats.. I forgot that info.

5'11
    225lbs

Maybe someone could also recommend a warm up... before running/cardio

I read that my heart rate should be 220 minus my age... is that correct? When I use cardio machines with the heart monitor and my HR is like 171 I feel like it isn't safe.. if I go to 191 I think I would die...

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyVT
    That is one of my issues at this point. I live on my own and I don't have a lot of money to pour into a diet... I need to come up with a few meal plans and just recycle those. Here is a sample of what I have. I know you all will help me to perfect it.

Breakfast:
    2 hard boiled eggs
    8oz Fat Free Milk
    1 Banana

Lunch:
    Same as breakfast

Dinner:
    Chicken Breast
    1/2 Cup cottage Cheese

I don't mind eating the same thing everyday for a couple of weeks to get me into a routine. I don't have a lot of time to site a make meal plans and then have to cook it all. Being single I don't want to have a lot of wasted food.

So add what you think would help me round this out. I will of course be using the ephedra stack but those are the only drugs... Thanks again!

I know I am going to have comments about that meal plan.... lolololol Please help! :-)

5'11
    225lbs
    Holy shit bro! You must be starving! Check out the cutting sticky, 5-6 small meals is the way to get your metabolism going.

Well I haven't started yet.. LOL plus the ephedra makes my apetite go buh bye... OK I will check that out.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    I read that my heart rate should be 220 minus my age... is that correct? When I use cardio machines with the heart monitor and my HR is like 171 I feel like it isn't safe.. if I go to 191 I think I would die...
    220 minus age= THR. You want to be 60-70% of that for fat burning.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Breakfast:
    2 hard boiled eggs
    8oz Fat Free Milk
    1 Banana

Lunch:
    Same as breakfast

Dinner:
    Chicken Breast
    1/2 Cup cottage Cheese

5'11
    225lbs
    To be frank with you that is a horrible diet. You need to eat 5-6 meals a day and greatly increase protein consumption. There is loads of ways to do this. Tuna is dirt cheap, so is chicken in most countries. Whey protein in bulk can be found cheap.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Do not proceed with that diet. That is awful and borderline starvation. That's easily less than 1,000 cals a day. I'm also 5'11" 225 and I cut on about 3,000 cals. You need to revise that right away.

TR'05 is offline Member
    220-age = MAX HEART RATE!! Not your target heart rate. You want to go between 60-80% of your max...that will give you your target heart rate for fat loss!

i think he was kidding

heytheresmoker is offline Junior Member
    If i were you i would give Swolecats site a look over and send him the money to make you a custom diet and workout program.. he has changed the way i look completly... although im on a gain program.
    after you get your program its all up to how much you really wanna lose weight and stick to the program..

Hard Head is offline Member
    Dude, eat frozen veggies instead of canned.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by heytheresmoker
    If i were you i would give Swolecats site a look over and send him the money to make you a custom diet and workout program.. he has changed the way i look completly... although im on a gain program.
    after you get your program its all up to how much you really wanna lose weight and stick to the program..
    Good deal, thanks for the "plug".

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    I would starve and die within a few days of that..you need much more calories than that.

Don't drink Coca-Cola
    Last edited by Giantz11; 12-11-2005 at 07:34 PM. Reason: We don't need that...

Thread Information