Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

My mass diet needs help

so i have been recording my food intake for the last two weeks and it seems like i need adjustment..even though i'm gaining weight, i think i should up my carbs?? here is a simplified breakdown of my macros in a day..

total cals-3649

total fat-139

total carbs-299

total protein-311

sometimes it's a lil higher but it's b/c i have an extra pro/fat meal in there...should i be getting more carbs??

i'm 6'1 and as of today i'm at 251lbs 12-13% bf...i'm on a mass cycle right now..

Austex is offline Member
    If you are training hard, eating the above daily macros, getting plenty of rest, and you're gaining weight...why change anything!? Don't ALWAYS go back to what the book says. If it works for you, stick to it! A slow, steady increase in lean body mass is good.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    If you are training hard, eating the above daily macros, getting plenty of rest, and you're gaining weight...why change anything!? Don't ALWAYS go back to what the book says. If it works for you, stick to it! A slow, steady increase in lean body mass is good.

i'm def. training hard, i rest 10+ hours a day (i'm unemployed ) but i've gained ALOT of weight..from 225 to 251 in a month and i still have 2 months to go on this cycle..i'm pretty much going by the mirror, i can still see my abs, and my boy thought i lost weight..so thats a good thing..i just thought when i wrote it all down, my carb intake looked a bit low

Austex is offline Member
    Using mean averages and calculations is a good STARTING GUIDELINE...but it is only a guideline and you will be the one to determine what adjustments are needed. Sounds like your progress is going well, with little bodyfat. You say you can see your abs? Standing in a neutral position, what is the thickness of a skin fold pinch app. 4 inches out from your belly button? This will give you a good judgement of where you are at bodyfat wise (rough estimate anyways).

Thread Information