Pembo is offline Junior Member

What type of protein powder and when?

I have read that Whey is only good first thing in the morning and after training because it is digested rapidly. The muscles need rapid amino acids in the morining after a night of starvation and straight after training to promote muscle growth.

Therefore Whey it is not great at night because it is digested to rapidly and the amino acid pool deminishes in the middle of the night. Hence casien protein is better at night and throughout the day as it provides a constant supply of amino acids over a longer period preventing amino poll drops.

Different protein powder at different times of the day, what do you think???

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    BUMP!! Anyone got any theories surronding this issue???

murph is offline Member
    yeah, you seem to have it down pretty good there, but you can check out the thread titled something like,.........(DO I REALLY NEED TO EAT EVERY THREE HOURS)......it has several opinions on this subject i think....... good luck........

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Pembo, your right but if you mix it with skim milk or add some peanutbutter it wont digest so quickly.

Antonio is offline New Member
    Yeah, whey postworkout, mix of 50% whey and 50% casein during the day, and a mix of 70%casein and 30% whey before bed.

Good luck .

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Anyone try the new formulation from Designer? It uses three different kinds of protien and is absorbed at different rates. I like it because it is low in carb, has 35g protien per drink, and the Malted flavor tastes great. Only disadvantage is the cost is much higher than the original variety.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You can customize your protien at www.protienfactory.com

JohnnyB

Thread Information