Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Is my BULK diet FINALLY in check???

Meal 1- 1 scoop whey, 5 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, multivitamin=660 cals(subtracted yolk cals), 62gpr, 62gcb, 6g fat
    Meal 6 (2-3hrs later)- 1 can tuna or 6-8oz chicken, cottage cheese 1/2 cup
    I have my workout in check and am only going 3 days a week. I am trying to avoid overtraining but hold on to the intensity. Looking to step it up next week in the gym and try and go up weight. I know I should use the methyl ester after lifting to but I still have some monohydrate left to use up so I am trying to utilize the PWO shake insulin spike.
    Does my diet look good for growth? What should I change/add to it?
    I have read that some bodybuilders wake up halfway through the night to have a cassein/whey shake, should I maybe do this? Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Romeoguy62; 12-08-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    height,weight,age??? seems alittle skimpy in cals, but cant tell without those stats, Cals r the hardest part to get in check when ur eating a healthy bulk, mostly chicken,fish, n stuff liek that

Sorry, I am 5'9, 205lbs. I am 20 years old and have about 15% BF. I know my BF is high but I want to add more muscle before I cut.

I went back and added numbers to everything. I can tell I need to add more calories, but how? I was thinking about adding a meal between 2 of my classes. I could eat a whole grain bagel which is about 60g carb, 3 g fat, and 5 g protein and probably about 300 calories. I'd also add a big piece of beef jerkey or two which would add 0 carbs, 40-50g protein and 3-5 g of fat and probably 300 more calories. I will replace the 1/2 cup of rice in the evening with 1 cup of rice. Any other tips PLEASE EVERYONE! Thanks!

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeoguy62
    Meal 1- 1 scoop whey, 5 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, multivitamin=660 cals(subtracted yolk cals), 62gpr, 62gcb, 6g fat
    Meal 6 (2-3hrs later)- 1 can tuna or 6-8oz chicken, cottage cheese 1/2 cup
    I have my workout in check and am only going 3 days a week. I am trying to avoid overtraining but hold on to the intensity. Looking to step it up next week in the gym and try and go up weight. I know I should use the methyl ester after lifting to but I still have some monohydrate left to use up so I am trying to utilize the PWO shake insulin spike.
    Does my diet look good for growth? What should I change/add to it?
    I have read that some bodybuilders wake up halfway through the night to have a cassein/whey shake, should I maybe do this? Thanks everyone!
    Bro first off you need to bump those kcals up a lot I think your daily Kcal needs are roughly 3030ish so I would add 500 to that to start off. You need to add food to most of your meals and make sure to have the protein roughly the same for each meal. For your pre-workout no carbs?? Carbs=energy IMO you need carbs here. As for bed time save the cottage cheese for here and have some fat with that for when you sleep. Take a look at this thread it's my diet I'm with now nothing special but easy cut and dry

My diet, what do you think?.

Also you can hit the bulking sticky up top for more resources. Any questions juat post em up we're here to help

Zapp is offline Banned
    The only solid protein you are gettin is 5 egg whites, 2 cans of tuna, and 1 chicken breast. Hope you don't starve to death.

V5RED is offline Associate Member
    bump the calories to a minimum of 4000

only time for shakes is when you are strapped for time, too sick to eat, or after a workout......they are not meant to constitute a real meal

as for cals, if you want alot of cals just mix 2 cups oats, 3cups milk, and some chocolate syrup in a blender its easy to get down and breaks down like this
    986 calories 24g fat 144g carbs 50g protein
    ^^this isnt a whole meal, and for ur size you should tone it down a bit to maybe 1 cup oats and 1.5 cups milk, also i didnt account for the chocolate in the calories, take it with some meat or tuna^^

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Need more carbs to grow. I'd lean out with that low of calories.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    Drop a can of tuna and add Red meat. Lean steak would do. Add 1 chicken breast. So thats 5 eggs, 2 chic breasts, 1 steak, 1 can tuna as solid foods. 5 meals..Start with something like that. I eat about this but I have 10 eggs and a huge bag of tuna not a tiny can.

So every 2 hours should I be getting somewhere along the lines of 40g protein/60g carb/10g fat? I never realized how hard eating could be!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    First of all what kind of metabolism do you have. Are you naturaly smooth or cut?? Do you gain weight easily?

Dont have time to realy look at your meals. But to little fat in total imo.
    wuld be good bulk to me thoug

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    how bout some ground beef, chuck and round? you can make hamburgers (fast and easy) or just make it and splits it up into a couple of meals.

*(before being cooked)*
    *1/4lb*, (70% lean) = 380 cals, 34 g. fat
    1/4 lb, (80%) = 300 cals, 24 g. fat
    1/4 lb, (85%) = 250 cals, 17 g. fat
    1/4 lb, (95%) = 150 cals, 4.5 g. fat

just a thought to add into ur bulking diet.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I would lose a lil more than a pound a week on that diet...hm. After all this cutting, Im going to take full advantage of bulking and go with at least 4500 calories or so. In other words, as high as I can get away with.

I have a naturally low metabolism and put on weight pretty easily. So you all are pretty much saying I should bump up my cals to about 4000? Add some lean beef into my diet and maybe bump up the oats and rice to 1.5 cups instead of 1 cup? Any other tips?? You all are great!

Would adding 2 slices of whole grain bread to each meal with tuna or chicken to make a sandwich be okay? I would still have the rice with the meal as well. It is just tough for me to find time to get in the necessary fats in my diet. I have been told not to mix fat and carbs together. It is impossible for me to get the right amount of carbs if I skip a carb meal to have a pro/fat meal.
    How many grams of carbs, protein, and fat should I be getting to grow? How many total calories? I am 20 years old, 5'9, 205lbs, 15-18%BF. So far, I believe I am getting about 390 protein, 270 carb, and 49g fat with 3100 calories. I believe adding 2 slices of bread per meal would give me around 360-390 carbs and get me close to 4000 calories. How many grams of fat should I be getting?
    I am sorry for all these questions but it is frustrating to see significant strength gains but no measurable size differences! You input is greatly appreciated!

Thread Information