Nate_Dog is offline Member

Does it matter how much you chew your food?

I am a hard gainer. I am very active in my nutrition, everthing is weighed etc.

But as I am not so hungery (and I am over eating) I tend not to chew my food as much as I should. I have always been a fast eater. My Mom used to say "Chew Chew" making little train noises when I was young. Fast eating allows me to fit more in, before my brain tells me I am full.

So would my lack of chewing be effecting how much calories/nutrition that I am getting out of my food? As I know saliva is part of the digestion process.

Can anyone shead light on this question?

Thx.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Don't think it has much of an effect. The bad part about eating too quickly ( a problem I share), is that you tend to eat more than you otherwise would if you ate more slowly. The reason for this is that it takes a while for you to feel full after you hgave eaten. That is why you get that bloated feeling sometimes (right?).

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Plus it's harder on the stomach to digest. I do the same thing, I eat fast. Do you get gas and fart alot? That is a symptom of poor digestion...which I should be crowned King of.

Thread Information