IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

please tell me if this is normal

I am cutting for the first time eva. basically, protein is high, 2 grams per pound, and carbs are total 100 grams daily from oatmeal taken at 2 differenct times (50 grams, then 50 grams later) never after say 4 oclock.

strength is down a little bit. i am assuming due to glycogen depletion? I am still hangin with my old weights, for instance my set of 6 is not down to 4 in the bench and so on. is this to be expected? i am about 2 weeks in, and bf is dropping quite nicely and steadily which is number one priority. is this strength loss acceptable and not due to muscle loss but rather glycogen depletion?

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    while cutting the majority of your carbs should come from breakfast and in pwo form ...aka 40g oatmeal then 60g in pwo shake

Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    while cutting the majority of your carbs should come from breakfast and in pwo form ...aka 40g oatmeal then 60g in pwo shake
    dude, thats how i have it. 50 grams before workout. 50 grams in pwo. i think i said 4 oclock about but usually its more like no carbs after 1-2 oclock. i aim for 1 oclock but will never go past 4. my question is about strength however

Zapp is offline Banned
    Protein looks good. You can bump your carbs up another 50g and be fine. Especially this early. I ran mine at 125-150g right up to the day of my contest. You're gonna lose strength. There's no way around that.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Protein looks good. You can bump your carbs up another 50g and be fine. Especially this early. I ran mine at 125-150g right up to the day of my contest. You're gonna lose strength. There's no way around that.
    i totally agree with zap you will be just fine with 150 grams of carbs ON WORKOUT DAYS...non workout days i only have 70 carbs excluding the carbs i get from veggies. and yes you will lose strength...one thing that has helped me train as intensely and heavy as i normally would is NOXPLODE.

do you guys think this is atrophy of muscles or glycgogen depletion. like maybe muscles are growing, but just strength just not up to par because of depleted glycgogen stores in which strength will be higher after carbs go back up when cutting is over and glycogen is refilled.

150 grams is food for thought i will put some thinking into it

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    do you guys think this is atrophy of muscles or glycgogen depletion. like maybe muscles are growing, but just strength just not up to par because of depleted glycgogen stores in which strength will be higher after carbs go back up when cutting is over and glycogen is refilled.

150 grams is food for thought i will put some thinking into it
    130 minimum on workout days for me....you arent losing muscle dude dont freak about that its just you are eating a lot less and dont have as much strength...it isnt because of lost muscle.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    130 minimum on workout days for me....you arent losing muscle dude dont freak about that its just you are eating a lot less and dont have as much strength...it isnt because of lost muscle.

agreed anytime i cut my carbs usually try to stay around 200 grams for me..i get alot of strenght loss, and lose alot of mental will power to get through my workout..i usually don't feel this though until about a month into my cutting

my strength loss isnt terrible. i just have been spoiled with destroying the logbook each and every workout. i am still using all my usual weights, just a couple reps less.

ii think its safe to assume that strength loss is due to glycogen depletion and smaller muscle volume unrelated to loss of contractile proteins/proteins??

i was just kind of wondering if muscles can grow without it being evident in strength gains or somthing along those lines. my protein is over 400 grams, so i am not to terribly worried about muscle loss.

i am however doing cardio low intensity long duration twice daily as i feel its necessary for me personally

chest6 is offline Banned
    I like to have carbs for breakfast and then none other until PWO and PPWO rolls along. It has worked pretty well so far.

i am however doing cardio low intensity long duration twice daily as i feel its necessary for me personally
    then yes you probably are and will lose muscle while doing cardio twice a day.

my personal judgement sais otherwise. i dont see how 2 45 minute walks can hurt me.

this is what i used to do for football. in highschool. not to long ago. i woud eat only 1 time between the 7oclock or so i had to get up until after football practice. i would eat at lunch time. that was it. workout highvolume every set to failure hardcore for about a good hour and a half. eat zero pwo. go do a football practice for 3 hours with conditioning and playing football. I played the "only" position on the team where our position coach actually made us work the hardest and starters (me) harder, which was linebacker. i made gains during this time, while eating maybe 2 quality meals a day. one at lunch, 1 after i get home from practice and i was benching over 300 to give you an idea.

that is the kind of metabolism i am de****g with here. it is highly anti-catabolic. i am not trying to argue, but just trying to justify why i made the judgement i did.

i am sitting on my ass the rest of the day also, that must be taken into account. seriously though, what do you think laborers do for 8 hours a day.
    Last edited by IronReload04; 12-13-2005 at 09:34 AM.

my personal judgement sais otherwise. i dont see how 2 45 minute walks can hurt me.

this is what i used to do for football. in highschool. not to long ago. i woud eat only 1 time between the 7oclock or so i had to get up until after football practice. i would eat at lunch time. that was it. workout highvolume every set to failure hardcore for about a good hour and a half. eat zero pwo. go do a football practice for 3 hours with conditioning and playing football. I played the "only" position on the team where our position coach actually made us work the hardest and starters (me) harder, which was linebacker. i made gains during this time, while eating maybe 2 quality meals a day. one at lunch, 1 after i get home from practice and i was benching over 300 to give you an idea.

that is the kind of metabolism i am de****g with here. it is highly anti-catabolic. i am not trying to argue, but just trying to justify why i made the judgement i did.

i am sitting on my ass the rest of the day also, that must be taken into account. seriously though, what do you think laborers do for 8 hours a day.
    first of all when on a cutting diet....you have a set amount of calories to burn fat but still maintain lean muscle mass...so you do your cardio on an empty stomach in the morning for 45 minutes because you arent burning food calories, you are burning fat...now if you go ahead and do cardio later in the day after you have already eaten food, then you will burn away those calories that are helping you maintain your lean muscle mass.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i know how you feel bro i uselly loose strength in my chest and back exercises, evreything elese seems to stay steady but NoXplode works great

first of all when on a cutting diet....you have a set amount of calories to burn fat but still maintain lean muscle mass...so you do your cardio on an empty stomach in the morning for 45 minutes because you arent burning food calories, you are burning fat...now if you go ahead and do cardio later in the day after you have already eaten food, then you will burn away those calories that are helping you maintain your lean muscle mass.
    its not much different than doing cardio in the morning then lifting weights at night which is very common

cardio the second time will raise my metabolism at about the time it will start declining. i look at it mainly as a metabolism booster. i find it hard to believe that walking for 45 minutes twice a day and eating perfect and doing things perfect for the other 22 hours will waste muscle, just mo. i have a very slow metabolism. that means my body is highly anti-catabolic. muscle gains come easy, i can do some crazy things and have an easy time maintaining. the drawback is fat.

its not much different than doing cardio in the morning then lifting weights at night which is very common
    boy, you might be legally retarded.

naw jk i just like saying that. your opinion bro i say ask the experts

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    cardio the second time will raise my metabolism at about the time it will start declining. i look at it mainly as a metabolism booster. i find it hard to believe that walking for 45 minutes twice a day and eating perfect and doing things perfect for the other 22 hours will waste muscle, just mo. i have a very slow metabolism. that means my body is highly anti-catabolic. muscle gains come easy, i can do some crazy things and have an easy time maintaining. the drawback is fat.
    I lean more towards being this way as well.

Cardio 2 times a day is something I do a lot, and it allows me to "eat up" to my lean weight and stay fuller while dropping lots of fat.

~SC~

boy, you might be legally retarded.

naw jk i just like saying that. your opinion bro i say ask the experts
    the experts "so called experts" such as jay cuttler and ronnie do cardio twice a day on top of training with weights.

They walk in the morning, lift weights in the afternooon, and walk at night. Take it with a grain of salt.

i mean come mon, if walking twice a day is disasterous for muscles, heaven help guys who have a tremendous amount of labor in their career

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Honestly, I know a trainer who works w/Nasser and Cormier, and this is what most do:

They do cardio THREE times a day when cutting. Usually three 20 minute sessions of interval cardio (HIIT kind of) while using t3/clen /etc, and eating mostly brown rice and chicken all the time. EFA's put in at other times during the day as well.

~SC~

the experts "so called experts" such as jay cuttler and ronnie do cardio twice a day on top of training with weights.

They walk in the morning, lift weights in the afternooon, and walk at night. Take it with a grain of salt.
    lol yes they are also taking many anabolics including test injections, HGH (VERY GOOD AT PRESERVING LEAN MUSCLE MASS), CLENBUTEROL (VERY GOOD AT PRESERVING LEAN MUSCLE MASS) so they really have nothing to worry about when it comes to losing muscle cuz they arent gonna with the long list of drugs they take. CMON NOW MAN!!!

TAKE THAT SHIT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!
    Last edited by kaptainkeezy04; 12-13-2005 at 10:55 PM.

lol yes they are also taking many anabolics including test injections, HGH (VERY GOOD AT PRESERVING LEAN MUSCLE MASS), CLENBUTEROL (VERY GOOD AT PRESERVING LEAN MUSCLE MASS) so they really have nothing to worry about when it comes to losing muscle cuz they arent gonna with the long list of drugs they take. CMON NOW MAN!!!

TAKE THAT SHIT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!
    dude, hence why i said TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

calm down, i love arguing and debating, but we dont have to get hostile. Bro, my metabolism is slow, i gotta keep that shit raised. cardio number 2 achieves this. i am not worried about burning calories. i am worried about being a fat burning muscle building blast furnace. if diet is there, like mine is, drugs are not needed. supplements are a good aid providing everyting is in place

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Honestly, I know a trainer who works w/Nasser and Cormier, and this is what most do:

They do cardio THREE times a day when cutting. Usually three 20 minute sessions of interval cardio (HIIT kind of) while using t3/clen /etc, and eating mostly brown rice and chicken all the time. EFA's put in at other times during the day as well.

~SC~
    it must be nice to be able to devote your entire day to bodybuilding since itrs your job. damn.

dude, hence why i said TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

calm down, i love arguing and debating, but we dont have to get hostile. Bro, my metabolism is slow, i gotta keep that shit raised. cardio number 2 achieves this. i am not worried about burning calories. i am worried about being a fat burning muscle building blast furnace. if diet is there, like mine is, drugs are not needed. supplements are a good aid providing everyting is in place
    oh shit man i thought we were gonna get rowdy! hahaha...bout it bout it. yeah sometimes i lose my temper over this internet debate stuff i need to get it under control...yeah supps are good...tomorrow is my last day of clen as it is the 2 week mark so i gotta start using glutamine and BCAAs and Acetyl L-Carnitine and CLA all that good stuff to keep the lean mass on. i had it before but im poor so i thought i would save it til i run outta clen just because i wanted to still have some when i went off.

must be nice, i would say i am almost old enough to start pokin myself

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Something powerlifters has know for along time. Its easier to gain strenght if you are fit. There is a plan behind the eastern block weightlifters lifting 3 times a day and doing lots of recovery work. When cutting I always get a strenght boost because of all the cardio.

I also have a shitty metabolism and cardio twice a day doesnt make me lose any strenght. Me and my lifting buddy back in high school when we had time used to walk for 2,5 hours or so each day split into 2.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    But strenght loss after only 2 weeks seems odd. What kind of routine do you do? sets, reps, exercises ect.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I don't see a problem in doing cardio twice a day on non-lifting days..i will most likely do this tommorow as i am not lifting. Like it was said before, if you ar eating properly the other 20+ hours of the day...no prob.

Thread Information