bombastico is offline Junior Member

How much do I kill off when cooking?

I like to mix 1/2 cup of oats with a couple scoops of whey protein. I might throw in half a banana or 2 tablespoons of sugar free jam. I then make pancakes out of them (x6 though, i like to cook everything on my off day for the weke). Each serving comes out to:

440 calories, 50 protein, 48 carbs, 8 fat

Question is: how much protein/carbs/cals does the cooking process burn off? Do I need to add an extra scoop of pro or extra oats to compensate for it... or is that being too anal, because the loss is not really something to worry about?

BTW: on a side note, since I have started my lean mass plan a month and a half ago I have gained 3 pounds of muscle and shed some very noticeable belly fat... thanks to the wealth of knowledge and advice i've gained from this forum!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont worry about stuff being cooked off....things like that are negligable.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombastico
    I like to mix 1/2 cup of oats with a couple scoops of whey protein. I might throw in half a banana or 2 tablespoons of sugar free jam. I then make pancakes out of them (x6 though, i like to cook everything on my off day for the weke). Each serving comes out to:

440 calories, 50 protein, 48 carbs, 8 fat

Question is: how much protein/carbs/cals does the cooking process burn off? Do I need to add an extra scoop of pro or extra oats to compensate for it... or is that being too anal, because the loss is not really something to worry about?

BTW: on a side note, since I have started my lean mass plan a month and a half ago I have gained 3 pounds of muscle and shed some very noticeable belly fat... thanks to the wealth of knowledge and advice i've gained from this forum!
    is that you flex2winny?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    no protein disaperes. the protein chains might be broken but the protein is still there. I think you would have to burn it to destroy protein to any great extent.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    the aminos will start vibrating and shaking then their peptide bonds will be destroyed

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    is that you flex2winny?
    Uh... NO!

I think I'm insulted.

Well anyways, if you look at my history, I hardly post that many questions. And I never post the same question twice.

Thanks to those who answered my question.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bombastico
    Uh... NO!

I think I'm insulted.

Well anyways, if you look at my history, I hardly post that many questions. And I never post the same question twice.

Thanks to those who answered my question.
    haha didnt mean to insult you bro its just he usually asks these kinda questions but MANY MANY TIMES unlike you where you only posted it once. i just had to make sure man...whew!

Thread Information