Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

My Cutting Diet and Supplement Plan.

Okay so I have been cutting for 2 weeks now and so far have seen great results due too many mornings of 45 minute cardio and clenbuterol ...but now I am off the clen and am worried about losing muscle without it. first I will post my diet....

breakfast: 10 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

workout

pwo: 800mg of ALA followed by Nlarge2 shake with 56 grams of protein and 86 grams of high GI carbs

ppwo: 1 can of tuna fish and 1/2 cup of oatmeal

lunch: 50 grams of whey and 2 tbsp of flax seed oil

dinner: 8 oz. of chicken and 2 heads of broccoli

dinner 2: 1 1/2 cups of 4% fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of natural almonds

now for the supplements:

-pre-cardio: 1 1/2 grams of acetyl L-carnitine, 5 grams of glutamine, BCAAs
    -before every meal: amino burst 3000 (basic amino supplement to help improve protein synthesis)
    -preworkout:500mg of tribulus terrestris, 5 grams of glutamine, NoXplode, BCAAs, and 1 1/2 grams of Acetyl L-Carnitine
    -postworkout: BCAAs
    -before bed: ZMA, 5 grams of glutamine
    -supps i take with meals throughout the day-10 grams of Vitamin C, 1200 IUs of Vitamin E, gnc megamen multivitamin, glucosamine/chondroitin/msm.

i have a cheat day once a week and i do morning cardio for 45 minutes 5-6 times a week along with weight training 4-5 times a week.

how does everything look as far as diet and supplementation goes? i would like to thank everyone ahead of time for their advice...oh by the way today is my birthday
    Last edited by kaptainkeezy04; 12-15-2005 at 12:54 PM.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    Okay so I have been cutting for 2 weeks now and so far have seen great results due too many mornings of 45 minute cardio and clenbuterol ...but now I am off the clen and am worried about losing muscle without it. first I will post my diet....

breakfast: 10 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

workout

pwo: 800mg of ALA followed by Nlarge2 shake with 56 grams of protein and 86 grams of high GI carbs

ppwo: 1 can of tuna fish and 1/2 cup of oatmeal

lunch: 50 grams of whey and 2 tbsp of flax seed oil (I'd make this a solid protein source if possible)
    dinner: 8 oz. of chicken and 2 heads of broccoli

dinner 2: 1 1/2 cups of 4% fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of natural almonds

now for the supplements:

-pre-cardio: 1 1/2 grams of acetyl L-carnitine, 5 grams of glutamine, BCAAs
    No need for BCAA's or any amino's
    -before every meal: amino burst 3000 (basic amino supplement to help improve protein synthesis) You can take but no real need
    -preworkout:500mg of tribulus terrestris, 5 grams of glutamine, NoXplode, BCAAs, and 1 1/2 grams of Acetyl L-Carnitine
    -postworkout: BCAAs
    -before bed: ZMA, 5 grams of glutamine
    -supps i take with meals throughout the day-10 grams of Vitamin C, 1200 IUs of Vitamin E, gnc megamen multivitamin, glucosamine/chondroitin/msm.

i have a cheat day once a week and i do morning cardio for 45 minutes 5-6 times a week along with weight training 4-5 times a week.

how does everything look as far as diet and supplementation goes? i would like to thank everyone ahead of time for their advice...oh by the way today is my birthday
    In bold....

Only other thing is, I'd ditch the glutamine if you are eating protein then its not needed at all.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    I agree w/giantz but I would also suggest dropping the cottage cheese in favor of some casien or egg whites. the cottage cheese may work fine for you so if you are still seeing results i wouldnt change it. but i know i dont respond well to dairy when cutting. jmo.

happy birthday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    I agree w/giantz but I would also suggest dropping the cottage cheese in favor of some casien or egg whites. the cottage cheese may work fine for you so if you are still seeing results i wouldnt change it. but i know i dont respond well to dairy when cutting. jmo.

happy birthday!!!
    yeah i was thinking about cutting out the dairy cuz it has some sugars...soooo egg whites ill give it a try.

bump...any other thoughts yall?

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Giantz11 and the only other thing is add one more prot/fat meal. I say this because if my calculations are right your diet is about 270gr of protein may want to be higher to help preserve muscle IMO. If my numbers are wrong then don't worry everything else looks alright except I am like Xtinaunasty and dairy sensitive when cutting.

yeah i was thinking about cutting out the dairy cuz it has some sugars...soooo egg whites ill give it a try.

Cottage cheese has no sugars, you shouldn't have a problem. Very very good protein source. Esp before bed as it is slow digesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiantiger
    I agree with Giantz11 and the only other thing is add one more prot/fat meal. I say this because if my calculations are right your diet is about 270gr of protein may want to be higher to help preserve muscle IMO. If my numbers are wrong then don't worry everything else looks alright except I am like Xtinaunasty and dairy sensitive when cutting.
    yeah i do need more fats so maybe i can change the chicken and broccoli meal to a lean cut of beef with broccoli...sound good?

TR'05 is offline Member
    yo bro, at first read id say if you are worried about the muscle loss you may want to up the protein intake. Ive been cutting for a good 12 weeks now...Im getting well over 300 grams of protein a day. Ive been cutting up very nicely....down from 197 to 185 without losing any strength at all...What are your stats? age? weight? Might be able to give u some other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    yo bro, at first read id say if you are worried about the muscle loss you may want to up the protein intake. Ive been cutting for a good 12 weeks now...Im getting well over 300 grams of protein a day. Ive been cutting up very nicely....down from 197 to 185 without losing any strength at all...What are your stats? age? weight? Might be able to give u some other suggestions.
    stats are in the profile but ill post them here too....was 215 now down to 208...i know it wasnt all fat but i got rid of the bloated look and moonface and my veins on my arms are coming out...5' 10 1/2", 208 lbs., oh and giantz my cottage cheese which is 4% fat says it has 4 sugars per 1/2 cup...what kind do you have that doesnt have sugars?

stats are in the profile but ill post them here too....was 215 now down to 208...i know it wasnt all fat but i got rid of the bloated look and moonface and my veins on my arms are coming out...5' 10 1/2", 208 lbs., oh and giantz my cottage cheese which is 4% fat says it has 4 sugars per 1/2 cup...what kind do you have that doesnt have sugars?
    I think mine has 3g of Carbs. And bro, that's nothing 4g of carbs ain't gonna do shit.

you can get dry curd. it only has 3g per CUP. i like it better too cuz it isn't all slimy

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I think mine has 3g of Carbs. And bro, that's nothing 4g of carbs ain't gonna do shit.
    yeah im sure 4 carbs wont do shit, but lets add it all up from the cottage cheese and almonds meal....12 carbs from 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese and 6 carbs from the natural almonds....18 carbs still aint nothing? maybe i could take a lil ALA before my meal to prevent an insulin spike yeah?

Zapp is offline Banned
    I count about 120g of solid protein in there. I don't see how you are not starving to death. You could add another 200g of protein and be fine. I ate around 300g of solid protein on my cutting diet and still lost 30 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    I count about 120g of solid protein in there. I don't see how you are not starving to death. You could add another 200g of protein and be fine. I ate around 300g of solid protein on my cutting diet and still lost 30 lbs.
    10 egg whites= 50 grams of protein
    nlarge shake= 56 grams of protein
    1 can tuna fish= 32 grams of protein
    50 grams of whey=50grams protein
    8oz. chicken=40-50 grams of protein
    1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese=36 grams of protein
    1/4 cup of almonds=8 grams of protein
    10 grams of glutamine=10 grams of protein
    (i wont count the BCAAs or amino acid pills and im not even counting the protein that comes in oatmeal)
    TOTAL COMES TO=280 grams of protein.....300 if you cant the 10 grams from oatmeal and 10 grams from glutamine.

im not starving because i needed a break from the constant stuffing my face and im actually enjoying this cutting diet.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Well bro, Id say your diet is looking good. At first I was sketical of the protein intake, but if you feel 280 grams is sufficient thats cool with me- you are the only one who can tell. If it were me, at your height, weight, and activity level I would shoot for a macro breakdown as such:

~3000 calories, ~377 grams of protein, ~100 grams of fat, and ~120 carbs TOTAL. If you are worried about maintaining muscle, up the protein bro. Toss is a couple more egg whites, maybe make it two tins of tuna, you know, whatever you feel like. But, all in all it is looking pret g, broheim.

If you do choose to add the extra protein, it won't slow you down IMO. Good luck!!

Zapp is offline Banned
    10 egg whites= 50 grams of protein
    nlarge shake= 56 grams of protein
    1 can tuna fish= 32 grams of protein
    50 grams of whey=50grams protein
    8oz. chicken=40-50 grams of protein
    1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese=36 grams of protein
    1/4 cup of almonds=8 grams of protein
    10 grams of glutamine=10 grams of protein
    (i wont count the BCAAs or amino acid pills and im not even counting the protein that comes in oatmeal)
    TOTAL COMES TO=280 grams of protein.....300 if you cant the 10 grams from oatmeal and 10 grams from glutamine.

im not starving because i needed a break from the constant stuffing my face and im actually enjoying this cutting diet.
    I was talking about solid foods....chicken, tuna, fish, etc.

TR'05 is offline Member
    good point zapp....you have over 100 grams of your protein coming from shakes. I would say keep the shakes to your PWO nutrition, and maybe one more before bed with a tbsp of flax. It's always better to get your protein from real solid foods- especially while cutting and maintaining muscle.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    your diet is fine....extra protein which is not needed means extra calories....Zapp....u look bigger than him..and ur advising him to take in more protein than u did??? doesnt make much sense

I was talking about solid foods....chicken, tuna, fish, etc.
    i saw on a recent post of yours where you were arguing with johan that you consume more shakes when cutting and more solid food when bulking. ....i dont feel i have lost any muscle but i will try to add protein somewhere.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    your diet is fine....extra protein which is not needed means extra calories....Zapp....u look bigger than him..and ur advising him to take in more protein than u did??? doesnt make much sense
    I said around 300g of protein Freak. That means sometimes more sometimes less. Be sure you read all of the quote clearly before you start with your jacking off. By the way.....eating more calories is not gonna be a problem as long as it is clean. It's not how much you eat, but what.
    Last edited by Zapp; 12-17-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Zapp is offline Banned
    i saw on a recent post of yours where you were arguing with johan that you consume more shakes when cutting and more solid food when bulking. ....i dont feel i have lost any muscle but i will try to add protein somewhere.
    I do consume more shakes while cutting, but I also make sure I take in around 300g of solid protein.

I said around 300g of protein Freak. That means sometimes more sometimes less. Be sure you read all of the quote clearly before you start with your jacking off. By the way.....eating more calories is not gonna be a problem as long as it is clean. It's not how much you eat, but what.
    diff Macros work for everyone agreed...but no matter where the calories are coming from if ur not using them ull get fat

Zapp is offline Banned
    diff Macros work for everyone agreed...but no matter where the calories are coming from if ur not using them ull get fat
    If he is using the right cutting gear, and doing the right amount of cardio he will have nothing to worry about. Like I stated earlier, I lost 30 lbs in 11 weeks doing this.

If he is using the right cutting gear, and doing the right amount of cardio he will have nothing to worry about. Like I stated earlier, I lost 30 lbs in 11 weeks doing this.
    indeed but keep in mind i am only doing clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off...you got so low in bodyfat i wouldnt be surprised if you were using T3 so you needed a lot more protein to keep from being catabolic...i will add more protein in the diet in the form of egg whites as i have no problem eating them and they are very convenient...BTW one supplement i failed to mention i was taking is 4 grams of CLA a day which has been shown to reduce bodyfat and also preserve lean muscle mass....

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED SOME ADVICE TO MY THREAD I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. KEEP IT COMING POR FAVOR.

what kind of CLA? not all kinds are effective

Zapp is offline Banned
    indeed but keep in mind i am only doing clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off...you got so low in bodyfat i wouldnt be surprised if you were using T3 so you needed a lot more protein to keep from being catabolic...i will add more protein in the diet in the form of egg whites as i have no problem eating them and they are very convenient...BTW one supplement i failed to mention i was taking is 4 grams of CLA a day which has been shown to reduce bodyfat and also preserve lean muscle mass....

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED SOME ADVICE TO MY THREAD I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. KEEP IT COMING POR FAVOR.
    No...I never used t-3 before. I just used tren , prop, var, masteron . Hope it works out foe ya kaptain. Good luck!

what kind of CLA? not all kinds are effective
    it says TON**** 1000mg CLA..i dont have the bottle right in front of me (downstairs and my legs are killing me LOL dont feel like goin down there)...conjugated linoleic acid.

it says TON**** 1000mg CLA..i dont have the bottle right in front of me (downstairs and my legs are killing me LOL dont feel like goin down there)...conjugated linoleic acid.
    what tha i cant say ton****? okay how bout TON@LIN

the 9,11 isomer which appears responsible for improving muscle growth and the 10,12 isomer which primarily prevents lipogenisis (storage of fat in adipose tissue). Most supplements sold in stores contain a 50/50 mix of both isomers.

yeah this A L I N shit is getting real old

the 9,11 isomer which appears responsible for improving muscle growth and the 10,12 isomer which primarily prevents lipogenisis (storage of fat in adipose tissue). Most supplements sold in stores contain a 50/50 mix of both isomers.
    so do i have the rigth kind? do i need to go check for ya?

its probably not written on the label neway

its probably not written on the label neway
    lol but is it safe to assume i have a good kind of CLA?

all we can do now is hope

all we can do now is hope

hahaha...lets all take a moment of silence and pray for my CLA.

yeah this A L I N shit is getting real old
    yeah what's the deal with that sh*t anyway? since when is "a l i n" a bad word?

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    yeah what's the deal with that sh*t anyway? since when is "a l i n" a bad word?
    "whats the deal"...is that you jerry seinfeld? haha

"whats the deal"...is that you jerry seinfeld? haha

hey guys 3 1/2 weeks into it and went from 215-217 pounds to 208-210 pounds...gut is definitely not protruding anymore, veins are coming out in my arms and one big one is starting to show in my chest...and midsection fat is going down too...what are the opinions on the last meal of the day though......

1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of almonds....it comes to 27 grams of fat, 18 grams of carbs, and 44 grams of protein...should i make this meal something else because of the carbs or can i take ala before this meal to prevent the insulin spike?.....

I MEAN WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS MEAL?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information