Thread: In Need Of

ou812 is offline New Member

In Need Of

ALOT OF HELP.
    i have let myself get to far out of shape.
    i had to deal with alot of problems with family issues and my body has went to pure hell.
    what can i do?
    i have gone from 205-275(fat).
    it has gotten so bad that i won't go out any more and my back hurts all the times.just work and home.
    my major concern is when i do lose all this weight is the extra skin.
    what are my options?
    what diet/workout should i follow to help produce muscle and lose all this fat?

my stats:
    33 yrs old
    6'1"
    275#
    40" waist
    17" arms
    17" calves
    30" thighs

i have read about talking to the doctors about gh therapy for the loose skin problem,but how true is this.don't know

sorry for rambling just don't know where to start
    thanks

Born Threat is offline Associate Member
    Strict diet and cardio is my best advice.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    my advice would be to develope a split in your training M_T_W_TH_F ok then check the cutting sticky above and work on a diet then post it up here and we will give you suggestions on what to change, also to lose your BF do morning cardio fo 30 mins on empty tank that will get you going if your a busy like most of use and cannot fit all this into your day post your schedual and we will also help with that..

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    really sorry to hear about that. the best thing that you can do is check out the sticky's in the top of the board (how to cut thread). you're a bigger guy so you're going to need to adjust the amounts accordingly. the best advice i can give to you is don't jump right into things. work your way into the diet so you don't get burned out. just remember, results come slowly, but they're well worth ever bit of hard work. don't give up, keep yourself motivated and you'll be where you want to be. best of luck to you bro, hope everything goes well.

THANKS
    my work load is 12-16 hr days 3on 4off-4on 3off midnights.
    one of my biggest concern is the extra skin.what can i do?
    will this also give some extra energy and sound sleep??

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    the skin should tighten up a bit on its own but if its really really loose then lypo would be an option

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    the skin should tighten up a bit on its own but if its really really loose then lypo would be an option
    thats not what i want to hear.
    i have also read some stuff about gh and its effects on the skin.
    any truth to that?

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i know your cutting quite a bit of weight, but you might not have excess skin when you get done, it might not even be an issue. see what happens after your satisfied with the weight that you are at. that being said, sorry to tell ya, but like stevo said, if the skin is a problem you're looking at some kind of surgery/lipo.

whats a good timeline for weight loss?
    well see about the skin issue
    thanks for the info

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812
    thats not what i want to hear.
    i have also read some stuff about gh and its effects on the skin.
    any truth to that?
    Bro you should be fine. I was actually watching "The Biggest Loser" the other day and some of those people lost upwards of 100lbs and they were fine. Whatg I would do is look at the cutting sticky and try and make a diet that you can work with. You should not try and turn to GH yet because you have not hit a plateu.

Start dieting and hit cardio on an empty stomach in the morning for about 45 minutes 5-6 days a week. Stick with it, results may be slow but it will all pay off in the long run. Most people get discouraged because they don't lose 10lbs a week. Take is slow, do it right, lose 2-3 lbs of fat a week and in the end you will be much happier and healthier!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    I was actually watching "The Biggest Loser" the other day and some of those people lost upwards of 100lbs and they were fine.
    Wasn't that awesome?!? I couldn't believe how much weight they all lost. It was motivating.

Quote Originally Posted by ou812
    THANKS
    my work load is 12-16 hr days 3on 4off-4on 3off midnights.
    one of my biggest concern is the extra skin.what can i do?
    will this also give some extra energy and sound sleep??
    That sounds like my schedule...cept on day shift. It sucks I know. Do they let you have a gym break in between? They usually do us if we arent busy. Everyone has given great advice so far. I would agree that you should start with a simple diet and post it so we can get the kinks out. if you go here you can estimate your daily calorie needs:

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

then just subtract 500-800 cals from that for weight loss. i know with your schedule its brutal trying to keep a steady workout routine, but trust me, it can be done. you aren't alone in this...we're all here to help as much as we can.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Get down to your ideal weight then worry about the loose skin. If you have a lot of extra skin soon as you get to that weight the best thing you can do is WAIT LONGER. It's going to take time at your ideal weight for the skin to tighten up. Good luck! Post a diet, everyone would love to help you critique it.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    Wasn't that awesome?!? I couldn't believe how much weight they all lost. It was motivating.

That sounds like my schedule...cept on day shift. It sucks I know. Do they let you have a gym break in between? They usually do us if we arent busy. Everyone has given great advice so far. I would agree that you should start with a simple diet and post it so we can get the kinks out. if you go here you can estimate your daily calorie needs:

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

then just subtract 500-800 cals from that for weight loss. i know with your schedule its brutal trying to keep a steady workout routine, but trust me, it can be done. you aren't alone in this...we're all here to help as much as we can.
    Hey beautiful

Whats going on?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    Hey beautiful

Whats going on?
    well hello there. im just getting over my sinus infection and trying to get back into it. this time of year sucks!!

Thread Information