Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member

sring break cutts

Hey just wanted to know how much time I should give to be cut as possible for a trip to the bahamas on March 18. When should I start cutting, both diet and lifting...

Zapp is offline Banned
    All depends on how much bf you have.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    everybody's different, you're the only one who knows how quick you can drop body fat, btw where in the bahamas? i went there last year for SB (acapulco this year) and it's a f'n blast.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd say two months before you leave.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    Yeah my bf is around 11% or so I am about 195 and 6 1 , uhh I think freeport, and YEah i was thinking of adding clen , so I think 2 months is about right,

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    Hey just wanted to know how much time I should give to be cut as possible for a trip to the bahamas on March 18. When should I start cutting, both diet and lifting...
    What is your current bodyfat percentage? Let's just say that you have 10 weeks to prepare...here's a practical example of what you can expect (on average) for
    Contest Prep:

8 weeks out if less than 8% body fat
    13 weeks out if in the 8-11% body fat range
    16 weeks out if in the 12-17% body fat range
    20 weeks out if in the 17% + body fat range

Start your diet now...that should already be your focus. Incorporate high-intensity cardio (intervals) @ 45 minutes in the A.M. on an empty stomach. The total number of days for cardio will be adjusted, depending on your current body fat mass. You should start supplementing with a minimum of multivitamins and glutamine. CLA and/or l-carnitine will help to release fat cells in the abdominal area. DO NOT begin to change your workout routine. Keep the sets heavy and to a 6-10 rep range. This will keep the muscles stimulated and aid in maintaining muscle density. Hmm...anything else I forgot to mention? Good luck, and remember, this is a contest prep routine...you should be able to sharpen up quite well in the next 10 weeks. Drink plenty of H2O.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    Yeah my bf is around 11% or so I am about 195 and 6 1 , uhh I think freeport, and YEah i was thinking of adding clen, so I think 2 months is about right,
    You don't need clen . Drop the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    You don't need clen . Drop the idea.
    dont be a pussy JUST DO IT! haha jk but i love clen but just because i react well to it doesnt mean everyone will...i mean cmon what would jesus do? Jesus would do Clen!

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Your not cutting down with the hopes of having sex with slutty girls are you...

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    . Incorporate high-intensity cardio (intervals) @ 45 minutes in the A.M. on an empty stomach.
    AM cardio shouldnt be high intensity according to many because it will be too catabolic. Low intensity AM cardio is a better idea here IMO.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    AM cardio shouldnt be high intensity according to many because it will be too catabolic. Low intensity AM cardio is a better idea here IMO.
    Not even intervals?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Not even intervals?

like i always say, if it worked for you then awesome, but interval training is very very taxing on the system especially when your cortisol levels are raised in the AM...if doing them i would at least suggest some BCAA's or .5 scoop protein b4 sprint workouts....i have had success however with low intensity AM cardio for contest prep.

TR'05 is offline Member
    ive tried both HIIT and low intensity AM-empty stomach cardio. If you are concerned with keeping that hard earned muscle there is really no debate IMHO. Keep it to 45-50 minutes in your THR.

Not even intervals?
    I never liked the intervals....not a fan of the intervals...never gonna do the intervals...

i do like low intensity cardio at a range of 65%-70% MHR in the morning on an empty stomach.

Thread Information