LincolnLSonDubs2003 is offline Junior Member

Anyone work construction???

Anyone work construction and on a bulking diet? How do you guys do it? Its hard enough to even eat one meal during the day. But to try to eat 5 or 6 a day is pretty hard when you only get in 2 meals from 6-5.

Another question is what type of things do you guys bring to work to get the right cals and protein? Its alot easier if you go access to a Micro during the day, but not always there. What do you guys do?

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    this past year working construction i would bring packs of protein and just mix one up every couple of hours, i would also steam or cook 2 or 3 chicken breast the night before and keep them in tupperware, even bring cans of tuna/salmon and crank it open every couple of hours. hope this helps.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnLSonDubs2003
    Anyone work construction and on a bulking diet? How do you guys do it? Its hard enough to even eat one meal during the day. But to try to eat 5 or 6 a day is pretty hard when you only get in 2 meals from 6-5.

Another question is what type of things do you guys bring to work to get the right cals and protein? Its alot easier if you go access to a Micro during the day, but not always there. What do you guys do?
    that sounds rough...i know some people that blend whey protein and oatmeal together and liquify it.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i worked contstruction for a couple months and there was no way i could keep a good diet. the guys i worked with smoked weed and drank gatorade all day. they never ate so in turn i could never eat unless i brought something quick like a sandwich. i lost a ton of weight from being so active and being in the florida heat. good luck trying to bulk its gonna be hell.

Ya its not gonna be easy. Thanks for the tips tho. Hows bringing alot of pasta or ziti's? Thats not bad cold. I like the packet of protien tho. I was also thinking of buying some of that weight gainer to help during the work day. What you think?

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I suppose in your situation that is the best you could do but i would make sure you get a decent breakfast with say 1000kal if possible and make your evening meal a good one as well. JMO

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    although im not a big fan of protein bars, you can use those to get some of your meals in...IMO it's better than not eating at all.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Make your own protein bars. You can control what exactly is in it. Do a search in the recipes forum I'm sure there are tons of good recipes.

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    i work out of my truck. i have a ac/dc power inverter in watage 700wts. i keep a micro in the back seat of my truck. i have my wife cook alot of extra the night before and make a couple serving out of it. cook eggs the night before. big lunch bag and your set.
    zer

bigtraps is offline Member
    It if you put forth the effort - you can do it. Pre cook all meals and put them in tupperware.
    Chicken, rice, broccoli. Eat it cold if you have to. Get yourself a small mico if you don't want to eat them cold.

Cans of tuna are easy. Bags of tuna as well. No - it's not as nice as a kitchen, but I have been doing for years.

I'm going to start bringing a small micowave -

good luck.
    b.t.

Thanks, I understand that bigtraps. I was looking more for some tips or tricks ppl have been doing. And yes I do get lazy the night before and dont prepare for the next day. I guess I gotta change that. Thanks for all the replies tho this is the one post I got some real answers and not critiszm (Sp?)

bigtraps is offline Member
    On Sunday afternoon:
    Make a bunch of rice
    nuke some broccoli
    Chicken - I will bake it in the oven - add seasoning ALSO yoy could grill it
    Boil some red potatoes...

These are all some ideas for pro/carb meal combinations. If you get it out of the way on sunday, toss them in idividual container (1 for each 5 work days)

This will help you a lot...in several ways.. Time, convienence, also it wull help you make sure you are making the right diet choices through out the day/week.

Just try to make it as simple for yourself as possible. It is still a pain in the ass I know - but it is what it really takes to make it work.
    Good Luck!! b.t.

I'm goin to give that a try. Shouldnt I be bringing 2 containers a day? Eat my breakfast at home, bring one for around 11 or noon, and then the other on the ride home around 3-4. Then I hit the gym come home and eat again. Then maybe a small snack around 8 or 9? Anything wrong with that diet?

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    i take 3-4 precooked meals a day depending of my sched. i sucks but you get used to it. kinda like a robot now, just part of my day. pack your lunch, slam some casein bed time.
    zer_

Thread Information