BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member

How much is too much sodium????

What should you try and keep your sodium intake level0 at while on ?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The only time when sodium is of a concern for me personally is the last week before a show/event/photoshoot.

~SC~

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    but SC if someone just wanted to kep i low what should you keep it at around 2000=2500 ??????

Swole,

I'm trying to figure out why my bro had his BP go up when running a tbol cycle and some people on here said it could be too much sodium. He was on for 2 weeks and was having really bad heahaches so he went to the doc and his BP was 145/92. If he was taking in too much sodium then he would hold water and his BP would go up? Should he maybe run arimidex .25mcg ed to see if it would help out? I do appreciate you help.

Beast

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Beast,

I had the same problem. I was on fina, which has more of a tendency to raise BP, none the less - I had 145/90 BP and was getting headaches a lot as well. My doctor said to lower sodium. I did, and it helped. I wouldn't reccomend using arimidex , or any other substance to "disguise" the sodium intake of your body. It just doesn't make sense that way. I would reccomend making sure you eat very little (1000mg-1500mg) per day if you can, and drink at bare minimum one gallon of water a day (preferably 1.5-2, especially while on aas).

Good luck - and make sure that BP is monitored. It's dangerous having it so high.

MuX

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Just wanted to add - I worded things a little funny - Arimidex doesn't disguise your sodium intake but my point was this:

Taking in a lot of sodium without arimidex is the same thing as taking in a lot of sodium with arimidex. Yes your water retention will go down, but for some reason I think sodium has other indirect effects to your BP.

Hope I didin't confuse you - let me know.

MuX

I get it thanks bro. I talked to my bro again and his BP is now 158/92. He is not taking in alot of sodium. His day consist of boiled chicken breast,whole wheat bread,couple of eggs aday,string cheese,apples,green beans, protein shakes.

Could be a natural propensity to high BP while on gear, in which case sodium won't have an affect on lowering it much if at all.

What does the cardio work look like? That helps to regulate resting BP.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Could be a natural propensity to high BP while on gear, in which case sodium won't have an affect on lowering it much if at all.

What does the cardio work look like? That helps to regulate resting BP.

~SC~
    Swole

He does 25 min of target heart rate cardio 3 times EW. If he is natural to have high BP while on gear, is there anything he could do so he can take gear?

Thanks Swole

Well, I've learned from Giantz11 here that Celery seed (herb) can help to naturally lower blood pressure. He may wish to give that a shot, or look to a doctor for actual BP meds if he always has high BP.

~SC~

Thread Information