KingMike is offline Associate Member

Face shrinking while bulking?

Upped my calories to about 3300 a few weeks ago and cut cardio down to once a week, I am natural and on a 3 on, 1 off routine with alternating heavy (5-8) and light (9-12) days with lower volume. I am getting stronger and getting some size but my face is getting real thin. Here is the diet, let me know if it up to par. ( 6 foot, 190, BF 15-16)

Breakfast (preworkout)
    1 cup oats, strawberries, cup plain yogurt, 13 egg whites (55 P,75 C)
    PWO
    2 scoops whey, 90 carbs (smarties) (48 P, 90 C)
    PPWO1 (1 hour later)
    1 scoop whey, 5 tbs. grits, 7 egg whites (45 P, 50 C)
    PPWO 2 (1 hour later)
    1/2 scoop whey, 1 can tuna, basmatti rice (45 P, 50 C)
    meal 5
    1 + tuna, green beens, 8 fish oil caps (55P, 11 Fat)
    meal 6
    9 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 1 can spinach (50 P, 13.5 Fat)
    meal 7
    9 oz. chicken breast, pound brocolli (52 P, 5 Fat)

Calories:3200-3400

I am an extreme endo and former fatboy so I need to watch. My friend says to spend 4 weeks only and eat 5-6000 calories and to keep my carbs the same but up the protien alot and fat about another 100 grams, any sense to this. Won't muscle be gained as long as there is a surplus, does it have to be a huge surplus?

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Umm ....... you say your getting stronger and gaining size but your face is shrinking. I would see this as a positive thing, or do you like the chubby face look?

And your having way too many shakes and not enough real food. Also i would bump up the calories if your trying to bulk..

actually after taking a second look i see your shakes are all in the begining of your day because you train in the morning.

I only adds the whey into PPWO 1 and 2 because I feel the fast absorbtion helps there plus I am having whole food in those meals along with the whey. Would'nt I build just as much muscle with a 4-500 calorie surplus as I would with a 1000 calorie surplus, but without the fat. I am fine with my face but I would like it filled out more, not to get any thinner. It could be becuase I am growing my hair out and people are used to it being shaved, hell I do not know.

in your ppwo i would drop the whey and add a chicken breast.

I will try that, thanks. If fat gets stored as fat easier, would'nt adiding more fat to my already surplus diet make me get fatter faster?

Thread Information