Thread: Operation 185?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Operation 185?

Ok, some of you on here might know me from being around here for awhile and i hope i have contributed to the board in a positive way as it has helped beyond words.

Last year (thanks to this board and the cutting stickie) i cut from 250+ to 200lbs. I am not as happy being at 200lbs as i originally thought i would be as i have some fat/skin on the bottom of my stomach that annoys the living shit out of me

I feel real light at 200lbs and have thought about bulking to see if this would help with this skin issue, and for the last month or so i have been dropping my reps and uping my weights in the gym and dropped the cardio just to see the reaction my body would have to the lack of cardio. I have gained a little size and i am between 200-205lbs (today after a cheat meal last night i feel like i could be 210).

Is bulking the answer i have been asking myself?

Then recently i have begun thinking about cutting to 185lbs to see what this would do for my stomach area etc...I honestly will not go any lower than 185lbs, i almost formed a complex when i weighed in one day at 197lbs. 205lbs was always my goal when i started cutting but now that i have reached that goal and even though i have the knowledge of nutrition etc. i am hard pressed to cut that far down (185lbs).

So what i am asking is what do you bros think? Is cutting the answer here? Hell, is surgery the answer?

I know the stomach area is the worst for most men and i am no exception, i am wondering if anyone else has any thoughts or if anyone has gone through such an ordeal?

It would roughly take me 2 months to properly cut 15-20lbs and i would like some opinions, i am sure i am not the only one to have this issue.

Thanks in advance

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    whats ur BF% at, i dunno if i would cut down that much???? also can you see abbs at ur current weight right now, maybe ur body needs a huge shock to get it out of the rut if ur in one ?,

also if you could post a pic this would be much easier to give advice about

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    whats ur BF% at, i dunno if i would cut down that much???? also can you see abbs at ur current weight right now, maybe ur body needs a huge shock to get it out of the rut if ur in one ?,

I will post a pic ASAP, yes i can see the outline of my abs but its the bottom part of my abdomen is like a water bed.

I am not in a rut like i said above the thought of going below 200lbs just sounds awful to me. I have been mostly maintaining/bulking. My diet remains good but lately from time to time i will have something that does not belong in a cutting diet but my intensity/focus in the gym is going good and i am seeing results based on that IMO.

Dropped the cardio just to test the water a bit as far as seeing if i can put on a few, its ok but it just the flab issue that really gets to me, like i said cutting down is very possible but is it the answer?

Will get pics up ASAP, i am having internet installed at my home on Friday and i don't think my job would appreciate me uploading pics of myself.

Honestly you should do it like this...cut to 170 if you can, and bulk up to a nice and lean 190. It will take time, but it will look the best and you will not only have size but you will be cut as well. People ripped up at 190 look like they are 240.

mitch911 is offline Member
    going from 200 to 170..if its just some thin layer of fat on the bottom abs i highly doubt its 30lbs of fat..i would just start a cut but go a little further then where u feel happy with the layer of fat gone..this way u can lean bulk giving some room for adding a bit of fat and yet ud be happy with it..either that or cut down to where ur happy and do a recomposition if thats where u wanna stay

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    Honestly you should do it like this...cut to 170 if you can, and bulk up to a nice and lean 190. It will take time, but it will look the best and you will not only have size but you will be cut as well. People ripped up at 190 look like they are 240.
    I think that is good advice

Hey My Ninja Hope you are doing great

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0

I think thats good advice and you are right but me at 170lbs, no way!

6'0 at 170lbs is way way to light IMO. I thought i was pushing it by cutting to 185 but 170 is just not practical in my situation.

Now of course i could rethink 170 after i make it to 185 but let me post a pic first and you tell me what 170 would do to me. I am thinking i would look anorexic.

TFG:

I am just going through another cutting phase but otherwise i am ok, thanks for asking.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 11-01-2005 at 12:06 AM.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    This is a tough one bro...hmmm.

I think you should def continue to cut down to 185. Since you were 250 at one time that little flab may be extra skin. I belive that there are certain foods you can eat that will help tighten your skin and also some lotions out there that you can apply as well. I would hold off on the surgury at least for a few years until you fell you have done absolutly EVERYthing possible to get rid of it.

Try to concentrate on core focused excercises along with focusing on lower ab excercises. When you get down to 185 you should try a nice clean, lean, bulk as the folks above mentioned.

I had the same thing you did as I went from 225 to 170 to 220 and now back down to 200 currently. After I went from 225 to 170 I had the same flab that you have and after bukling back up and now leaning out, I see a huge difference.

Just keep focused as u said you are and you will make great progress!

alo5603 is offline Member
    bro, i think most guys that were at least chubby at one point have had this problem. I myself did, as i was a fatboy in high school. When i got into college, and got real serious, i shed most of the bf but had that little flab piece at the lower abdomen. What did it for me was cutting for a long ass time, almost a whole years worth. Bare in mind, im 6'3, and i went from a nice lookin 225, to a smaller 180, that was 45lbs, but it did it. Then i lean bulked and have been doin it ever since. So my advice is to cut some more, you will lose some muscle but thats what it takes i think, and you can lean bulk later to get it back.

alo

at 170 he would be skin and bones

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy
    This is a tough one bro...hmmm.

I think you should def continue to cut down to 185. Since you were 250 at one time that little flab may be extra skin. I belive that there are certain foods you can eat that will help tighten your skin and also some lotions out there that you can apply as well. I would hold off on the surgury at least for a few years until you fell you have done absolutly EVERYthing possible to get rid of it.

Try to concentrate on core focused excercises along with focusing on lower ab excercises. When you get down to 185 you should try a nice clean, lean, bulk as the folks above mentioned.

I had the same thing you did as I went from 225 to 170 to 220 and now back down to 200 currently. After I went from 225 to 170 I had the same flab that you have and after bukling back up and now leaning out, I see a huge difference.

Just keep focused as u said you are and you will make great progress!
    I agree with you 100%, i have always thought doing a super clean bulk might help by filling out more and "using" the skin basically.

I will begin cutting to 185 on Monday, of course i will re-post the dietary approach etc.. along with pics. I promise to get pics up as soon as my net is available at home, should be Saturday.

I just can't wait to go back to doing cardio 5-7x a wekk [/sarcasm]

Will keep everyone posted...

I will also research the certain foods that might help as well.

Alright just a quick update...weighed in today at 196lbs

11lbs to go.....

Had a problem with the scales as i do cardio at one gym and lift at another (due to location and work), weighed in at the gym where i lift and last week it told me 198.5lbs and then today i got done with cardio and that gym's scale told me 201lbs...i about busted a spring i was so mad...but i calmed down and figured the calibration etc was off.

So i went out and purchased a scale for $30 and will weigh in on it from now on, and i weighed 196lbs on it so all is well...on my way to 185lbs.

Cheers....
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 12-18-2005 at 12:43 AM.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    IMO you lost weight too fast the first time and this " loose Skin " is a result.. Bulking or dieting may not be the answer.. before I would throw any more hard gained pounds away I would go see my sport dr. and see if he thinks its loose skin or not.. if it is ... then you may have to do other things..

If it is not and more weight loss is improving that area i would keep your calories at your BMR and hit the cardio a bit more.. try to not lose more that a lb a week. this may just be a hard target area for u...

good Luck pal

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Lemon juice is supposed to help tighten the skin...

Also... why are you looking at lbs lost? With all the crazy shifts in water weight, etc...

Why not just buy a caliper and shoot for a loss in BF%?? Seems more productive. Thne you will know if you are just losing WEIGHT or mostly fat when you use it in conjunction with your scale.

I lost weight to fast huh? I know this all happened overnight...its so easy.

Delete this thread (Mod) as i have one that has pics called (Operation 185 Update)

Thread Information