bombastico is offline Junior Member

Natural PB/Almonds vs. Flax Oil

I am eating a few tablespoons of Natural PB and an ounce of Almonds every day. My questions is: Do I need to take Flax Oil? or does what I need from Flax come from what I get in the PB and almonds?

basically are the effects/benefits (of nuts vs. flax) the same or do I need both?

Natural PB is higher in monounsaturates, flax is high in polyunsaturates, eat both.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    unless your trying to get completly ripped i stay away from flax and just use the PB

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bombastico
    I am eating a few tablespoons of Natural PB and an ounce of Almonds every day. My questions is: Do I need to take Flax Oil? or does what I need from Flax come from what I get in the PB and almonds?

basically are the effects/benefits (of nuts vs. flax) the same or do I need both?
    I wouldn't stop taking flax. I made that mistake around 4 weeks out. I was eating a tablespoon of npb and almonds, so I stopped taking my flax. A few days later I felt like SH*T! I mean I couldn't hardly get off of the couch. Started back on the flax and I steadily got my strength back. I won't ever make that mistake again.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    I wouldn't stop taking flax. I made that mistake around 4 weeks out. I was eating a tablespoon of npb and almonds, so I stopped taking my flax. A few days later I felt like SH*T! I mean I couldn't hardly get off of the couch. Started back on the flax and I steadily got my strength back. I won't ever make that mistake again.
    I have noticed this too. I think I have a big supply of flax coming my way . I really think I need to stay off the pb..

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    I mix up flax, all natty pb and olive oil., I just ordered udo's and I am going to give it a whirl.

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    I have been eating both, but to be honest I am sick to death of my Flax. I mix it with some casien protien (EvoPro) and it feels like I am forcing myself everytime to chug that down. It is just gross. On the other hand, I love my cottage cheese/natural PB mix (I usually have the as meal #5 before the flax). And was wondering if the natural PB and almonds do the same thing and provide what I need as Flax does, then to just ditch the flax completely and go with PB and almonds.

Do they both give me the same nutrients and benefits? or are they completely different and give me different benefits?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    flax is so good for you healthwise and fatloss wise...i take 2 tablespoons of it everyday but i also have almonds everyday too...try to stay away from pb for a while and you will see a difference but damn it just tastes so good arg!

Thread Information