Thread: Time to tweak?

chest6 is offline Banned

Time to tweak?

Fat loss has stalled a little again. I still continue to lose "weight" but I appear to look the same. Should I drop my PB at night? I really crave this and sometimes I do tend to take a scoop or two extra than I should. I use a big spoon and I am not really sure if that is quite equal to a tablespoon or not, but I feel it is fairly close.

Also..I was wondering if brown sugar for meal1 with my oats would do any harm? Sometimes I may add a little bit extra of this as well. I am also trying to replace my shake before bed with a solid food..any suggestions??

I just got reminded of another question in a different thread. Could I benefit from removing a high GI carb from PWO nutrition and replacing it with a lower GI carb, such as oats? If so, how would I go about doing this?
    Last edited by chest6; 12-24-2005 at 09:18 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i dont think the PB is hurting you, and as for adding Brown sugar go ahead i add 1 tbls of honey into my morning oats, maybe its your training id swich up your program or maybe change what type of cardio your doing

TR'05 is offline Member
    I know how you feel on the natty pb- I do the exact same on a regular basis...just eat a spoonful straight up. I have really gotten hard on myself, though, and only occassionally splurge now and then. I think for a really strict cutting diet it's better not to have it.

As far as the sugar with the oats, I would say it isn't a huge deal, but it all depends on how strict you want to be. If you wanted to, you could cut out the brown sugar and replace it with splenda- no real use for the high gi carbs.

As for the PWO nutrition, I am currently doing exactly what you are suggesting. For about 3 months I was doing the 50g whey protein and half a cup of dextrose. For the past month, or so, I have switched to 50 grams of whey, 3/4 cup of oats, and one banana all blended together. It definately doesn't taste as good, but I do think I am losing some of that stubborn body fat. Id say try it out, chest, it has been working for me.

For before the bed, I don't think there is a big problem at all with a prot shake and flax oil, which i normally do. But, as an alternative Id say maybe some tuna and mayo? or tuna and flax? Whatever ya feel like, really....I really like white meat turkey breast and two tbsps of natty pb- im pretty much addicted to it. anyways, hope some of this helps. good luck.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    as long as the the sugar in taken with your morning oats you will be burning that while you workout like i said i use a lil honey in mine

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    chest6 it might be to your advantage to take a good thermogenic product containing guggulsterones, green tea extract, and yohimbe...after dieting for a couple of weeks this helped a lot because my metabolism slowed down so much....what is your supp intake lookin like?

chest6 is offline Banned
    All look good. I may stop with the dextrose pwo. Im goin with a lot of supps right now
    1. ab solved-worked great so far
    2. letro-try and shrink some prexisting hard tissue &puffy nipples
    3. animal cuts-starting week 2 this thurs
    4. ephedrine 75mg for 2 weeks...started this thursday

I may have to pick up something containing those things you described keezy.

Im thinkin bout only adding splenda to the oats for meal1, having oats pwo and either having only 1 tbspoon pb at night or removing it entirely. I am pretty much addicted too, so I'll probably go with only 1.

drop the ephed for right now bro...its hittin the same receptors as the clen was....did you go straight from clen to ephedrine or did you give those receptors a rest?

chest6 is offline Banned
    took 2 weeks off from the clen ..got ya covered

chest6 is offline Banned
    one last bump..3/4 cup oats with the PWO shake sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    one last bump..3/4 cup oats with the PWO shake sufficient?

hmmmmmm my pwo shake is the same whether i am bulking or cutting...50 grams of protein 85 grams of carbs (aka an Nlarge2 shake).

skribbble is offline Member
    for the morning oats have you tried out sugar free syrup? I love it

chest6 is offline Banned
    never tried..where u get that at keezy?? Thats like 3 cups of oats lol

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Fat loss has stalled a little again. I still continue to lose "weight" but I appear to look the same. Should I drop my PB at night? I really crave this and sometimes I do tend to take a scoop or two extra than I should. I use a big spoon and I am not really sure if that is quite equal to a tablespoon or not, but I feel it is fairly close.

Also..I was wondering if brown sugar for meal1 with my oats would do any harm? Sometimes I may add a little bit extra of this as well. I am also trying to replace my shake before bed with a solid food..any suggestions??

I just got reminded of another question in a different thread. Could I benefit from removing a high GI carb from PWO nutrition and replacing it with a lower GI carb, such as oats? If so, how would I go about doing this?
    Re calc and setup your diet again for your new BW and see what that gets you. I wouldn't just randomly start dropping various items to drop cals. Just reconfigure your diet for the new BW.

TR'05 is offline Member
    yo chest, what i have been doing is about a cup of oats and a banana. According to the nut info on the oats its about 60+ grams of carbs add the banana and its damn close to the 2:1 ratio.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    hey chest i agree that lower GI carbs PWO can help you...but there IS quite a bit of fat in the oats. Im switching to sweet potato this week to see how it goes. You might want to try some milk for some of the carbs though...? Dairy makes me bloat up real bad, but it might not do the same to you. That way you can have a serving of oats and some milk PWO. It wouldn't be as filling...worth a try.

Also, I know you are going to hate me but...I think it would help if you cut out the pb. Not because of the pb itself...but because of that "extra scoop or two" you are having with it. If the temptation isnt there, you wont eat it. I had to cut pb out for that same reason...and it helped quite a bit. Have it on your cheat days!

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    take out the sugar on your oats...
    get rid of the pb..
    and then give it a few weeks..

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Chest, it seems like you already know what to do...
    No PB or stick to 1 scoop
    No sugar in your oats (you've tried splenda? I can't go without it now)

chest6 is offline Banned
    All seem like very good ideas.

Xtina...yup oats I have there is 3g fat per 1/2 cup which will add up quickly if I go past the 1/2 cup mark. 3/4 cup was pretty filling yesterday and it was a little difficult to down my PPWO meal an hour later. I have cut out the PB all together and will do as you said, just have a bit on cheat meals. I could add a little milk that could be good. Not all too worried about the bloat, the animal cuts I am using has some diuretics in it (extracts dont worry).

Hopefully one of you could help me out or maybe Giantz is lurking around. I continue to lose weight and my waist keeps shrinking, my 38s I wear around fall off me completely..they wont even stay on my huge ass However, it seems no matter how much weight I have, there is a strip of fat on my lower stomach and love handle. The ab-solved REALLY helped with this, but I noticed it is still there. I will post up some pictures fairly soon, and you guys can have a look at what I am talking about. Is this VAT or SAT?

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    Damn lower stomach and obliques..........

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup..if only Giantz was around to chime in..Giantz where are ya buddy?

dawg the fat in oatmeal aint shit!

chest6 is offline Banned
    true, take a look at my stomach in the members pic section..you'll see what Im talking about. My waist keeps shrinking but the fat is still there.

Thread Information