Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	60721

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryan.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	60722

Hey guys,

I have stopped working out and diet for three months now and i really look terrible. I recently watched the movie Blade 3 and was so impressed with Ryan's tranformation. I will do anything to have a similar physique. I love the ripped look. the only problem is that i do not know how to set my targets. Should i cut down the fat and start gaining muscle or should i add mucle and then cut down on fat. I'm 24 and 6ft tall, currently weigh 179 lbs with approx 15% body fat. To reach my target i think i should be around 8% body fat and weigh around 200lbs.

Can anybody help me structure a plan on how i can reach my target..i mean should i start cutting down on the fat first or should i start gaining weight? Can i set 6 month targets?

Any help will be very appreciated.

thanks

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sorry but I think you are more than 15%. I would cut down first...check out the cutting sticky

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ya definetly cut down a few bf% then try a lean bulk type of diet. what is your current diet like?

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    id say 23% body fat.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    props to you for posting your pics. not too many people would post their pics after not working out for 3 months. But I do think you are setting very tough goals for yourself. My adivce would be to set a reachable (not lofty) goal to shoot for each month. That will be a long transformation and setting obtainable short term goals will motivate you to work harder at it.

IMPO I'd say if you can gain weight while bulking clean then cut down first. If not I would just start the bulk now and cut later.

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Sorry but I think you are more than 15%. I would cut down first...check out the cutting sticky

I use the body fat calipers and thats what it says..shall i use another more accurate type of body fat measurment?

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    ya definetly cut down a few bf% then try a lean bulk type of diet. what is your current diet like?
    how will i know when to start bulking? Should my abs start appearing ..then add bulk? Is the caliper a good way to check out body fat coz it says i have 15% body fat but everyone says i am more. Is there another type of body fat measurment?

Thanks man for your help

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    props to you for posting your pics. not too many people would post their pics after not working out for 3 months. But I do think you are setting very tough goals for yourself. My adivce would be to set a reachable (not lofty) goal to shoot for each month. That will be a long transformation and setting obtainable short term goals will motivate you to work harder at it.

IMPO I'd say if you can gain weight while bulking clean then cut down first. If not I would just start the bulk now and cut later.

Hey Prairie Thanks for your help. I see you live in Canada..thats where i was born but now i live on an island named Malta lol...

Ok then i will start cutting down, try to loose that pound a week. When shall i now that i have to start bulikng? Should my abs appear before starting to bulk.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    I think you should definitely cut before bulking. I find calipers are better for tracking relative progress rather than absolute bf%. If you want to truly know your bf% go get hydrostatic testing. As far as knowing when to bulk, that's entirely up to you. I've been in a similar situation and cut down until I had definition in my muscles and started to see my abs before considering bulking.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Definitely cut all the way down, see what you got, then you know what you gotta do.

~SC~

Thread Information