Meal 5- (PWO)(5pm)-
    50 grams of whey protein
    100 grams dextrose

Meal 6- (PPWO)(Pro/Carb)(7pm)-
    Chicken breast
    ½-1 cup brown rice?
    Veggies

Meal 7- (Pro/Fat)(9pm)-
    50 grams of cassien or whey?? Protein (if cassien, unsure of amount)
    flax seed oil?

Supplements-Havent really read much about it as im young and thought i would lose it quick but who knows, post some ideas and i will look into them, thanks!

Total needs- (mostly unsure on needs)
    Calories- around 2800?
    Carbs- No clue how many I need
    Protein- around 330 grams
    Fat- Again, No clue how many needed

Ok, the items with question marks beside them mean im unsure of the amount needed, if there is anything else im unsure of i posted it in parenthesis beside it

Please critique and give suggestions as to other foods and where they can be substituted, ect.

Thanks!!! And hopefully i can start it soon, after i goto the grocery store

*Edit* Stupid me, i forgot to post my stats...they are...

Height-5'8"
    Weight-170 ish
    Bf%- Around 15%
    Age-18

Goal-
    Weight-140-150
    Bf%- 10% or less
    Age- Before i turn 50 lol
    Last edited by Always Liftin'; 01-02-2006 at 11:17 PM.

hulkzer is offline Associate Member
    stats would help.

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    yeah im extremely sorry, i was just about to head to be then was like ohhh s**t lol, just posted em, sorry

i know this seems like more work for you guys and looks like i just posted it off of another persons diet but believe me ive put alot of thought into it and just cant seem to get enough info to fit me personally, thats why im posting my stats in hope that you guys can help

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Liftin'
    Cardio 45 min, slow jog. I woudl change this to a brisk walk on the treadmill with a high incline, or maybe get on the elliptical. Just make sure to keep your heart rate in the 130-150 beat per minute range

Meal 1- (Pro/Carb)(7am)-
    Egg Whites? 10-12
    Oatmeal? 1 cup is a good starting point, you can adjust accordingly with results

Meal 2- (Pro/Fat)(9am)-
    50 grams of whey protein
    Flax seed oil? 1 tbs

Meal 3- (Pro/Fat)(12:15)-
    2 Cans of tuna/chicken in can?
    1-2 tbsp Mayo? looks good, I even like to mix in natty PB in place of mayo sometimes, itss better than it sounds and takes out the fishy taste

Meal4- (Pro/Carb)(3:15)-
    2 cans of tuna/chicken in can?
    Veggies I would add in some fat here, such as some olive oil, flax, ANPB, or almonds/peanuts)

Workout

Meal 5- (PWO)(5pm)-
    50 grams of whey protein
    100 grams dextrose

Meal 6- (PPWO)(Pro/Carb)(7pm)-
    Chicken breast
    ½-1 cup brown rice? looks good, this is what I would use, but I am sensitive to carbs, other people may like to add more carbs here in their PPWO mealVeggies

Meal 7- (Pro/Fat)(9pm)-
    50 grams of cassien or whey?? Protein (if cassien, unsure of amount)
    flax seed oil? 1 tbs once again is a good amount

Supplements-Havent really read much about it as im young and thought i would lose it quick but who knows, post some ideas and i will look into them, thanks! A good multi-vitamin/mineral, vit C, and another good anti-oxidant such as ALA woudl suffice

Total needs- (mostly unsure on needs)
    Calories- around 2800? I would say you prob. need around 2000-2500 cals, and you can adjust accordingly to your results
    Carbs- No clue how many I need
    Protein- around 330 grams
    Fat- Again, No clue how many needed

****Try these suggestions out, it is a good start, and the outline looks good for the most part, but since you are a first time dieter, and since I dont know your body as well as I know mine, you can just adjust things accordinly. I would keep the protein at about 300g throughout your diet regardless, and if your fat loss slows down, then cut some carbs out (like maybe drop your first serving of oatmeal in the morning to 1/2 cup instead of a whole cup). If anyone else sees anythign wrong with my critiques, they can chime in, but I think this is a pretty solid outline.

Ok, the items with question marks beside them mean im unsure of the amount needed, if there is anything else im unsure of i posted it in parenthesis beside it

Please critique and give suggestions as to other foods and where they can be substituted, ect.

Thanks!!! And hopefully i can start it soon, after i goto the grocery store

*Edit* Stupid me, i forgot to post my stats...they are...

Height-5'8"
    Weight-170 ish
    Bf%- Around 15%
    Age-18

Goal-
    Weight-140-150
    Bf%- 10% or less
    Age- Before i turn 50 lol
    My comments are in bold above. Good luck
    Last edited by spound; 01-03-2006 at 01:08 AM.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    You should find out you maintanance cals and create a deficit from there. I weigh 227 and I am eating 2800, around 65 grams of fat and 150-200 carbs. Just keep your carbs breakfast, post, and post post workout. I even have a few before workout. No fats in PWO or PPWO. As swole cat said to you in another post its all about getting to know your body and revamp as you go along. Good luck.

wow thanks guys, that really helped, ok, i will try that and hopefully i get good results one question though, my before workout meal....i have veggies and they are carbs so i thought not to mix them with fat? or are they not really counted as carbs? also, i heard cassien protein is slower acting, should i be taking this at night or is whey fine? (for my meal 7)

wow thanks guys, that really helped, ok, i will try that and hopefully i get good results one question though, my before workout meal....i have veggies and they are carbs so i thought not to mix them with fat? or are they not really counted as carbs? also, i heard cassien protein is slower acting, should i be taking this at night or is whey fine? (for my meal 7)
    As far as veggies go, they have very little effect on your bloog glucose levels so ther is no problem mixing fats with them. As long as they are green veggies, not like carrots and corn or soemthing. If you are going to use casein, yes at night before bed is best since its slow acting, but it can be a little more expensive than whey. If cost is an issue, you can jsut use whey and throw a little fat in with it, like flax or PB or soemthign to slow digestion down over night. Hope this helps. I know I put portion sizes in my last post, but chest is right, you really need to find you maintenace for calories and go from there to adjust your porttions

ok, i can do that, its just going to take a while for me to get to know my body from what i have read.....thanks for all the help guys, oh yeah, i had only like 2 more questions before i goto the grocery store tomorrow....

1. Can i just keep this diet everday, or do i have to change it up for nonworkout days, i will probably only not do cardio on tuesday, thursday, and sunday.

2. Oh yeah, i should just get in the habit of buying grocerys every week also right?
    Last edited by Always Liftin'; 01-03-2006 at 10:49 PM.

bump, anybody got an answer to the last 2 questions i posted above?

Well, since you look like an ecto, you can definately afford eating the same on non training days, as you do on training days. Just Don't use the simple sugars you would use in your PWO shake. Instead, make that a protein fat meal, or a protein carb meal using complex carbs instead of sugars.

And yes, you will need to buy groceries REGULARLY and have food prepared at all times. I go to the grocery store every 4-7 days to stock up. I grill up my meats, steam my veggies, and baked sweet potatoes about 3 times per week and jsut throw them in the fridge so the are ready for a quick re-heat in the microwave.

wow thanks for alot of great info spound, i really appreciate all the help, yes that pic was taken a little over 2 months ago when i was definitely small and ripped, i thought eating less meals and less food was better for losing weight so i would run about 5-6 miles a night, lift in the mornings, and eat 1 maybe 2 meals a day, which waas basically starving my body....lol sorry had to explain why i look so damn small and skinny.....right now im prolly around 15% bf and alot bigger lol.....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If that is you in the avatar and you are 18, forget cutting!

I'd go on a clean bulk and add as much lean muscle as you can, as that in turn will speed the metabolism naturally. (muscle = metabolism)

Cutting down to a buck forty or so ain't really gonna leave you with much.

Just my take on it if I were training you, but alas, I'm not.

~SC~

wow thanks for alot of great info spound, i really appreciate all the help, yes that pic was taken a little over 2 months ago when i was definitely small and ripped, i thought eating less meals and less food was better for losing weight so i would run about 5-6 miles a night, lift in the mornings, and eat 1 maybe 2 meals a day, which waas basically starving my body....lol sorry had to explain why i look so damn small and skinny.....right now im prolly around 15% bf and alot bigger lol.....
    Yea, swole is right man, you are young, you got the metabolism to strip off fat when you need to. If I were you I would bulk. No matter how lean you get, I don't think you will be happy b/c you will just look skinny. I guess I should ask what are your long-term goals? You wanna be big and ripped like bodybuilder type, or just like a surfer/beach/boy type and be skinny and lean? If the latter is your choice, then go with what I gave you, but if not, and you want to have any type of REAL muscle mass on you in the future, then I woudl definately bulk. Use the bulking sticky above, it will put weight on you with minimal fat gain. Take advantage of all the hormones you got flowing in your body at this age to put on some muscle. Shit, its winter right now anyways, no one will see you with your shirt of for another 4 months or so, so at least bulk until then.

well from horrible eatin in the past 3-4 months, i mean freaking horrible, like fastfood up to 3 times a day ive put on a good 25-30 lbs from that picture, about 10 is built up of muscle and the rest is fat that has stuck on my stomach, i know its my own fault ect but my father wanted to start cutting also so i decided to read up and figure out what me and him could do, i mean i just look alot bigger because i have eaten alot and i want to shed some bf then start bulking first, to make sure i start out with a good less-fat muscle built up body, and yes i am looking forward to competing here in about a year or so and id love to be freaky but that will have to wait until im at age to take hgh or somethin lol..

i will post some new pics here after i can get some taken

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    ok, i can do that, its just going to take a while for me to get to know my body from what i have read.....thanks for all the help guys, oh yeah, i had only like 2 more questions before i goto the grocery store tomorrow....

1. Can i just keep this diet everday, or do i have to change it up for nonworkout days, i will probably only not do cardio on tuesday, thursday, and sunday.

2. Oh yeah, i should just get in the habit of buying grocerys every week also right?
    1. Change your normal PWO into a pro/fat meal as well as your normal PPWO

2. Yes

This is my opinion of course.

thanks, all opinions help, thats what i was planning on doing actually, then hopefully it will work if not ive got some suggestions as to what to change if it does!

doctor41baller is offline New Member
    I agree. 18yrs old, I'm aure very active and your metabolism is probably very high. I would concentrate on heavy lifting and just clean eating. no fast foods or lots of sugars. Lots of protein and moderate amounts of fat and carbs. But I would not worry about ripping up at your age and weight. Get up in the 200 weight range. my 2 cents...good luck man

hmm some good advice here, im comsidering bulking, the thing is , it would be very hard as i have like 3 mine before classes to eat....and wow, that would be hard....any advice on that

if i were to do a buking diet....can anybody try to figure out the totals and i can figure out the rest of what to eat....ect...and ill post it here shortly....maybe i can try to get to 200 as long as i dont look to skinny...actually i will probably lose fat durin the bulking process as i will be eating alot better right? who knows...maybe u guys could give me some advice on bulking like my previous post^^^

well from horrible eatin in the past 3-4 months, i mean freaking horrible, like fastfood up to 3 times a day ive put on a good 25-30 lbs from that picture, about 10 is built up of muscle and the rest is fat that has stuck on my stomach, i know its my own fault ect but my father wanted to start cutting also so i decided to read up and figure out what me and him could do, i mean i just look alot bigger because i have eaten alot and i want to shed some bf then start bulking first, to make sure i start out with a good less-fat muscle built up body, and yes i am looking forward to competing here in about a year or so and id love to be freaky but that will have to wait until im at age to take hgh or somethin lol..
    Dude, the only reason you put on any fat was because of what you were eating, if you bulk and jsut bulk cleanly, you could probalby drop some of that fat off while gaining muscle at your age.

hmm some good advice here, im comsidering bulking, the thing is , it would be very hard as i have like 3 mine before classes to eat....and wow, that would be hard....any advice on that

Just blend up some protein shake in the blender b4 school and throw them in a shaker bottle and pound those bitches before classes lol. Just throw some water, ice, protein, oatmeal, and flax into the blender and blend it up an dthrow it into a bottle. Its like having a solid whole meal, but jsut in liquid form, and you can tkae it down FAST!

alright, i may do that, sounds gross but who cares, at least i will get some good quality muscle, thanks for the adviec throught this holw post spound, also thanks sc and others.....really helped answer a few questions i had

doctor41baller is offline New Member
    If you have a block schedule then you should have 2 10-15min breaks...if your straight through then yes 2-3min is about what u got. You might want to make u tuna sandwiches the night before and just eat those...really stack them with tuna and egg and get that protein. along with a big breakfast, lunch and dinner...then before bed drink a protein drink. That along with your weight training should have you putting on some nice size.

Thread Information