Thread: raw eggs

superfat73 is offline Associate Member

raw eggs

Who here eats raw eggs? I have been averaging 20+ raw egg whites a day for the past year. I have never gotten sick. I have recently heard that this is very bad for your health. Thoughts??? I have also heard that blending and cooking your egg whites denatures the protien, specifically Avadin????????

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    i know a lot of ppl who eat raw egg whites but tobe honest i would rather cook them cos you never know when your gona get a bad one.

chest6 is offline Banned
    quit being a pussy...cook them Its gonna be hard to scramble eggwhites when i get back w/o a dishwasher

Flexor is offline Banned
    I don't understand why people have 20 egg whites per day. Roughly 6 grams of protein per egg x 20 = 120

If you are having a total of 250 grams of protein a day, you are getting half of that from egg protein!!!! Where is the room for lean red meat, poultry, rice and other solid food that you won't crap out quickly. Absorption will be reduced having it all from the same protein.
    Last edited by Flexor; 01-14-2006 at 08:04 AM.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    jesus christ not another raw egg thread

Keep in mind you only absorb 50% of the protein in eggs when they are raw. So you are wasting half of it and risking salmonella. Cook em.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I don't understand why people have 20 egg whites per day. Roughly 6 grams of protein per egg x 20 = 120

If you are having a total of 250 grams of protein a day, you are getting half of that from egg protein!!!! Where is the room for lean red meat, poultry, rice and other solid food that you won't crap out quickly. Absorption will be reduced having it all from the same protein.
    Rice ain't protein, and I don't understand why absorption will be reduced by eating the same protein. That doesn't matter. At times I'll eat steak 6 times per day before a show, and that does nothing to hinder absorption. It's all in the way you measure your amounts per meal that dictate what will be absorbed.

On another note, COOKING eggs/whites makes them MORE BIO-AVAILABLE, so you get more of the actual product absorbed/utilized when you COOK THEM.

~SC~

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Rice ain't protein, and I don't understand why absorption will be reduced by eating the same protein. That doesn't matter. At times I'll eat steak 6 times per day before a show, and that does nothing to hinder absorption. It's all in the way you measure your amounts per meal that dictate what will be absorbed.

On another note, COOKING eggs/whites makes them MORE BIO-AVAILABLE, so you get more of the actual product absorbed/utilized when you COOK THEM.

~SC~
    Hmm, rice contains no protein at all? I also believed it contained a lot of carbs and protein with no fat

As for the absorption thing, I was getting at this. Certain foods contain certains proteins, certain proteins contain certain amino acid chains. Amino acid chains contain individual types of amino acid. If your body is absorbing loads of one type of amino acid across the intestinal wall into the blood, that creates a high concentration there which hinders further absorption of that same amino acid.

However having said that, I have realised it is pure BS because all products of digestion are absorbed by active transport against the concentration gradient and are immediately whisked away by the mesentary veins. Therefore absorption is always at 100% for anything that flows through the lumen.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS....

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Hmm, rice contains no protein at all? I also believed it contained a lot of carbs and protein with no fat

SHOW ME WHAT RICE YOU EAT THAT HAS COMPLETE PROTEIN?

As for the absorption thing, I was getting at this. Certain foods contain certains proteins, certain proteins contain certain amino acid chains. Amino acid chains contain individual types of amino acid. If your body is absorbing loads of one type of amino acid across the intestinal wall into the blood, that creates a high concentration there which hinders further absorption of that same amino acid.

MMMM, NEVER HAD AN ISSUE W/THAT IF THE AMOUNTS PER MEAL ARE CORRECT AND NOT ABOVE/BEYOND WHAT THE BODY CAN USE IN ONE SITTING.

However having said that, I have realised it is pure BS because all products of digestion are absorbed by active transport against the concentration gradient and are immediately whisked away by the mesentary veins. Therefore absorption is always at 100% for anything that flows through the lumen.

All good then!

~SC~

Flexor is offline Banned
    There is 8g/100g of white rice, you call that no protein??

However they are short chain amino acids so its pretty shitty protein like soya. Its basically just a protein protector then, there isn't enough in it to be of enough use.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    Vince Gironda seems to get great results using raw eggs/milk/cream diets with all of his trainees imo..

dont see why it's really so bad??

flexor soy protein is a complete protein. Rice isnt on the other hand.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    flexor soy protein is a complete protein. Rice isnt on the other hand.
    ah I see, thanks man!

IMO many are to obsessed with the quality of the protein. Different sources complement eachother and togheter they become complete. If you eat a fairly balanced diet there is no reason not to get a big chunk of protein from incomplete sources.

Thread Information