arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member

keto.....again...cheat meal?

Yes another question....So im about 6 weeks deep with the whole keto diet. I had one cheat meal on X mas eve. If and when do you suggest that I have another? Im a little unclear about this. It doesnt bother me at all by not cheating but im sure not going to pass up any opportunities to do so.... also I have a photo shoot coming up where I will have my shirt off. Of course I want to look as good as possible so should I approach the 1 week out as if I were in a BB comp? like carbing up and than shit eating a few hr. before the shoot? Please explain what I should be doing to maximize my look.

Thanks

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    I would do it just as you would if you were going to be preping for a bbing comp. same last week, same carb up and all

How s about about a cheat meal?

bump

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Can can most certainly carb up a few times before your shoot is you wan tto cheat, but it all depends on how far off your shoot is.

unfortunatly it is in feb. is this to soon?

No way I'd say you should carb up at least a few times in January, how lean are you now?

Not sure really, But if i were to guess, I would say around 10%. I can see my abs. But you dont think I should cheat at all in jan? When it comes down to the last week, is that when I should be carbing up? than shit eat a few hrs or so before the shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldwannab
    Not sure really, But if i were to guess, I would say around 10%. I can see my abs. But you dont think I should cheat at all in jan? When it comes down to the last week, is that when I should be carbing up? than shit eat a few hrs or so before the shoot?
    Well yeah a carb up before you shoot is standard. But during Jan don't cheat but you can carb up for sure. It will help with the weight loss if you are going Keto as thyroid reduces from lack of carbs.

hmm....alright, that doesnt sound bad, although would you mind explaining this a little further? How should I carb up during Jan. And how should I do it before the shoot to look my best? Please explain this for me! thanks Bud

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't understand how you are doing a keto diet w/out knowing how to carb up to keep the thyroid and t3/t4 conversion active? Part of the actual keto diet (unless you are one who has seizures and such) is the carb up portion where you normalize for a bit before going back into ketosis. Not flamin' ya, but if you are using this diet, it shouldn't be for extended periods of time, should be used by those EXTREMELY obese, and should have scheduled carb up periods.

Honestly, I'd never use a diet such as that for any reason. Not a competition, photoshoot, or otherwise. There's just so many better ways to progress, and even faster, while actually changing your body composition and not merely losing weight.

(Just my opinion, not saying my way is the only way)

~SC~

I know there are many different ways ones body can react to a diet. I have tried the sticky about a year ago and got great results from that. I just wanted to give this one a try and see how i reacted to it.If it was better, worse etc....But I was however, a little unsure of the procedures of the keto so just the few questions I had, I posted such as carbing up, when I should begin carbing up for the photo shoot and just generalized questions about prober timing after all, Timing is everything and I want to look my best.

Thanks

bumb

Thread Information